Thread: sc_clamb (team DM)

Contributor

sc_clamb (team DM)

Okey, here's a small map that was requested by $ilentSheep.
    The idea of the map is like Afrika Korps 3, but with no goal. I set a timelimit of 30 minutes though. Enemies respawn until the timelimit expires or the admin decides to change the map
    There are 3 enemy assassins and 3 friendly assassins, 1 enemy medic, 1 friendly medic and one enemy grunt/robogrunt for each player. For example, if there are 4 players, there will be 4 enemies + 1 enemy medic + 3 enemy assassins, 1 friendly medic and 3 friendly assassins. The maximum number of enemies is 8 even though there were more than 8 players.
    Well here's the exact info:
    1 players: AR Grunt
    2 players: AR Grunt, SG Grunt
    3 players: AR Grunt, SG Grunt, Medic Glock Grunt
    4 players: AR Grunt, SG Grunt, Medic Glock Grunt, AR Robogrunt
    5 players: AR Grunt, SG Grunt, Medic Glock Grunt, AR Robogrunt, AR+GL Grunt
    6 players: AR Grunt, SG Grunt, Medic Glock Grunt, AR Robogrunt, AR+GL Grunt, SG+HG Grunt
    7 players: AR Grunt, SG Grunt, Medic Glock Grunt, AR Robogrunt, AR+GL Grunt, SG+HG Grunt, Medic DEagle Grunt
    8 players: AR Grunt, SG Grunt, Medic Glock Grunt, AR Robogrunt, AR+GL Grunt, SG+HG Grunt, Medic DEagle Grunt, Shotgun Robogrunt

If you are interested in how this is done, here's a tutorial: http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=275083

I spent four hours to make and test it, fix some bugs and so on... Well did some other things too, maybe two hours of mapping and an hour testing.

I named it Crying Lamb (sc_clamb) so it's related to $ilentSheep's name, if anyone didn't notice

I can improve this a bit but I don't want to spent more hours

Download here (version 2) : http://a1win.loota.fi/files/half-lif...b_version2.zip
    Unzip it to your half-life directory (i.e: C:\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life\ )

Darn, forgot to take any screenies...

Well here's an obvious mirror:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by A1win; 04-09-2004 at 04:51 PM.

Re: sc_clamb (team DM)

thanks a1win

sounds like an horde map :O but i might try it soon

Contributor

Yep, pretty much like horde, but with balanced teams

Welcome to hell! Spend your time in hell! I could try to change it but it suits me too well...

i like this map. its very simple, easy to play and fun.

it needs more variety. i think enemies should attack in waves of different types. id like the map to be much much bigger too.
    Last edited by Slidje; 03-09-2004 at 07:47 PM.

here are some pictures of the map

good horde style map. Although it was made to specification, It could be much more. Right now its fun but is too repetetive, the types of enemies need to change gradually and get harder, so you feel like theres some kind of goal at the end. Another way of making it more interesting would be various events that happen at random times, for instance an apache could fly in, or a voltigore could spawn. Also, there could be areas that unlock a certain amount of time after the map starts, with new weapons and items.

Its a bit bright and tough on the eyes, and could do with some better and higher detail textures.
    the eden account makes buildings smile

well u can type mp_fraglimit 200 and then itl be funner like a competition

N/A - Please Try Again Later.... Cyclops's Avatar

Its an OK map, good for a bit of playing. One im going to play often.....
    Stop Uwe Boll
    Stop Uwe Boll before he gets his hands on Half Life...
    Sign the Petition to stop the madman!

Contributor

The main reason the map can't be much longer is that there aren't any good entities yet that would order AI to rush. They must see each other when they spawn so the roaming nodes turns on. I'll consider making it bigger somehow, maybe add assassin spawn points all around the map so that they will "activate" the action.

It would be usefull to get more suggestions so I'd know what you really want. I'm not going to spend much time on this before I get sc_tetris maps completed, though...

Oh, and here's a tutorial about the team vs team balance system: http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23764

OR you could make the squadleaders in some watch towers where they see everybody, so they give their men orders to attack somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroFish View Post
    Hey guys remember when maps/games were made because the creator wanted to make them, and not because of what people wanted to play?

That was great.

i found a bug u could fix a1win when theres more then 8 people if seems to only create the 3 assasins and 1 medic

Contributor

Damn. I think I must create a seperate game_counter for every different player amount, so 32 game_counters

edit: Haha, I forgot game_counter_set entity from the original plan xD

Alright, I compiled the map with -onlyents so this change is server side only - that means that the players don't need to update the map, only the server (well it's not bad if players update it too).

Download: http://a1win.loota.fi/files/half-lif...b_version2.zip

I haven't tested it but I think it should work. Please test it and report any bugs. They will most likely occur when there are more than 8 players playing, but I think I just fixed it... But can't say it for sure.

I could make it so that the enemies have more health when there are more players, but that would require even more entities but since it is so small map, that shouldn't matter much... It would also take some time, of course.
    Last edited by A1win; 04-09-2004 at 04:10 PM.

Erm I must have done something wrong. All the texutres are missing (getting evil purple/black squares EVERYWHERE apart from monsters obviously). I downloaded the ZIP attachment. Are there wads you forgot to include or something?
    EDIT: downloaded from other link, still tex missing. btw I LIKE the architecture of the map. The AI takes advantage and stuff and is very enjoyable and simple like Slidje said.
    Last edited by Film11; 04-09-2004 at 04:54 PM.

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Film11
    Erm I must have done something wrong. All the texutres are missing (getting evil purple/black squares EVERYWHERE apart from monsters obviously). I downloaded the ZIP attachment. Are there wads you forgot to include or something?
    Lol
    I didn't know -onlyents affects textures... Just a moment I'll fix it.

Alright, it is fixed now. I had edited sc_tetris so I had only sc_tetris.wad in use and I didn't change halflife.wad back to Hammer.

Thanks for the fix. Works perfectly now. Good map