Thread: Sexr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Sexr

i finished this map a while ago, but the more people that have it the better. dl link at my site in the scmaps section. http://www.hbsharkman.tk/

i started this map last year, finished it, then started adding/fixing new things, finished it in september, then i became a beta tester, and started working on it again, and finished it a 3rd time for Svencoop 3.0. the map is a re-creation of my room, somethings in my room have changed but its still the basic layout, i started it for fun as a sort of party map like party2 but it kept growing. I added new models/reskins, new textures, new sounds, some of the models were released in the svencoop forums and i put them in the map, with propper credits of course.

issues i already know about, and cant seem to fix:
    1. lags when the garg is out. *found out must just be me, when i host a server
    2. lags if there are lots of monsters spawned *hd pack lags some users, dunno; not sure if i just had this problem, probably just my shit computer.
    3. some of the lasers dont work *unfixable hl bug, i've noticed it on zero
    4. turret, crashes map sometimes, i'm thinking it may be a combination of two monsters tryo to use the turret at the same time, or player and monster/player and player. whatever, all i know its it crashes sometimes whenthe turret is used by monsters. oh and the turret laggs too, i have no idea why.

one thing i would like to repeat again is the fact that alot of the textures are stretched, i tried to fix this in more recent versions but really large textures make my computer lag; i want this map to be slow computer friendly for the most part.

notes:
    since i've noticed some people cant seem to figure out what to do
    1. you can just mess around.
    2. under the dresser is where the first "mission" starts
    3. the ladders are invisible, there are some on the bed, and other places.
    4. the npc's are meant to be done with how you like, the sci's give you points when you kill them, cause they are evil!

incase you were wondering the name of the map is my initials:
    SharkMan Ethan Xavier R.

comments/bugs/suggestions are welcome, but the map has been so frustrating to make things work correctly; eg. the lasers and some crappy doors. i doubt i'll get to them. enjoy.

*also little note, the turrets in the closet roo have an insane amount of hp because people kept rushing my map, and i felt they were getting done with it too fast, not that it mattered it just felt like all my time was wasted when people completed the walkthru portion of my map in 2 minutes.

Re: Sexr

I give this map a thumbs up, its fun to explore and mess around in.

I liked it, but it seemed a bit too small. There also werent enough places to go to, it would have been better with about 3 alternate routes to the really high parts of the map, and more scenery to interact with.
    I liked the fact that you made your own textures from photographs, but they were stretched so much theyre so blurred you cant really appreciate the effort.
    Another criticism is the number of models, some were just simple re-colours of normal or Super definition models that added a lot to the filesize.
    the eden account makes buildings smile

Quote Originally Posted by Turrican
    I liked it, but it seemed a bit too small. There also werent enough places to go to, it would have been better with about 3 alternate routes to the really high parts of the map, and more scenery to interact with.
    I liked the fact that you made your own textures from photographs, but they were stretched so much theyre so blurred you cant really appreciate the effort.
    Another criticism is the number of models, some were just simple re-colours of normal or Super definition models that added a lot to the filesize.
    perfect example of a critque.

Ive been playing this map with you for a while sharky! Jesus its been sooo long! Im glad you finally released it dude! Its freaking awesom!
    I dont believe in the ressurection signet.

woo finally released, great map, always liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by TransparenT
    woo finally released, great map, always liked it.

Saem. Great map to play (along with Turri's maps) after getting bored with playing old walkthrough maps.

Sucky sucky, love you long time ]SK['s Avatar

Sexr has been one of the most popular maps on my server for some time.

New and Improved (Still) Dred_furst's Avatar

ive played this, very nice,

Quite a cool rats style map
    [ Too many posts this year (2006)| Reissues | Gonomes? Revive? ]

Official Dice Person

dood, my old compy has the exact same case. awesome.
    Half-Life² is Gold! My sig is old!

i loved sexr it ok it real cool how ordenary rooms become an xen battle field i think the only bad thing was the cabinet full of grunts i hate it make more shortcuts to the top to get to shock trooper part

FEAR THE BLARGHMONSTER! (shown below) ArcticGrunt's Avatar

When i tired to dl the map in you SC maps section, i got a "This page cannot be displayed" error.
    If i were a smiley...

Mapper in training

I'm stuck at the part where you need to press the 3 oxy, fuel, and power buttons. I press them and they just go back to normal. (untouched) can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-97
    I'm stuck at the part where you need to press the 3 oxy, fuel, and power buttons. I press them and they just go back to normal. (untouched) can you help?
    2 of them spawn snarks, 1 does air-strike. mainly just a room to kill you. dedicated to Andrew.

Mapper in training

Quote Originally Posted by SharkMan
    2 of them spawn snarks, 1 does air-strike. mainly just a room to kill you. dedicated to Andrew.
    OHHHH. So how do you beat it?

Let Vengeance Be Mine! CozmicShredder's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Sexr

Basically this map is done when you’re tired of playing it!

It's not a conquest map it's more a fun map then anything.

There is a point to the map as far as there are three main goals you have to complete like the dresser the wardrobe and the closet/storage area. Which you already completed the rest is just fun messing with friends on your server.

Unusually most people that play this map on my server usually don't complete anything.

They laugh and pile up trip mines fly around in circles on ninja rope and jetpack around in circles.

Basically this map creates retreads on my server but its fun to watch them as they spawn from semi-intellectual to a brain dead happy as a blossom player.

Mapper in training

To bad i only have WON version.

Let Vengeance Be Mine! CozmicShredder's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Sexr

Well Half Life the original copy only cost $19.99 US or less depends were you buy it and STEAM is free to download and all you do is enter that HL CD Key.

You can buy HL anywhere online Ebay.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, CircuitCity.com and at any Electronic Game Store and Computer Store as well as Computer Shows.

You shouldn't pay any more then $20 US+ Tax on he HL 1 and then download Steam enter your CD key and your good to go.

Basically if you live in a state in the US that has a bottle and can deposite program you need to find about 200 bottles or cans maybe add a couple more for taxes... Well at least here in Michigan they offer 10 cents a bottle.
    Last edited by CozmicShredder; 17-11-2004 at 12:28 PM.

eltiT resU motsuC

One of my favourite maps
    Whats a signature?

Mapper in training

I already signed up to steam it just made my computer crash when i played hl engine games.

I already signed up to steam it just made my computer crash when i played hl engine games.
    Don't post that in a map thread. Post it in the Technical support section or rather, sign up at the www.steampowered.com forums and ask your problem there.

I'd suggest you explained in detail what exactly happened when it crashed, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroFish View Post
    Hey guys remember when maps/games were made because the creator wanted to make them, and not because of what people wanted to play?

That was great.

Mapper in training

I tried to do that too, but it sent my computer to that annoying blue screen when it crashes. The forums didn't help much any ways.

Mapper in training

I DID THAT TOO!!!! STOP TELLING ME TO DO STUFF I'VE ALREADY DONE!!!!!!!

I DID THAT TOO!!!! STOP TELLING ME TO DO STUFF I'VE ALREADY DONE!!!!!!!
    shutup! stop crapping on my map thread.

e-mail valve.

Mapper in training

I'm not I need people to stop trying to help me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast