-----------------------------------
    Images
    Screen shots can be found here in the Gallery
    Map Info
    You are a group of normal people who have been kidnapped by a group of scientists in an under ground lab, they have abused you, mistreated you and messed around with your DNA. Now once they were done with you they locked you in a cell at the bottom of the lab complex. But now something has happened and everyone is dead, all but you locked away in the cell however, Now it's up to you and your team mates to try and ESCAPE!

Its taken me just over 2 months to create and playtest this map, generaly its best played 2 - 6 players but i think 4 is best in most cases. As you could of guessed the objective is to ESCAPE there are many puzzles and monsters standing in your way but with a little team work it can be a walk in the park NOTE : you will need at least 2 players to play - The map takes about 1 - 2 hours to play to remember that.

Download

[Download URL Removed; map is included in Sven Co-op 4.0]

-----------
    MIRRORS
    -----------
    FileFront

Thanks to Svencoop Central

Thanks to ]SK[

If you want to Mirror my map please message the link on this thread and i will add it here
    Last edited by JPolito; 24-12-2008 at 04:03 PM.

New and Improved (Still) Dred_furst's Avatar

Re: Escape

Ok, played this map, 1 word, Awesome!

the detail is excellent, the story is excellent, the bosses are also excellent!

I really love all the camera effects too!

this is by far one of the most proffessional maps i have ever played (not including official sc maps)

Just simply download and play with a few players, its more of a puzzle map than hardcore monster killing bash to hit that just-out-of-reach button, and requires some thinking, and protrays a brilliant storyline!

Just check it out! i know im mentioned in the credits but... lol, its still an awesome map :P
    [ Too many posts this year (2006)| Reissues | Gonomes? Revive? ]

Manager

Let's see :

- Good Forum presentation
    * short briefing
    * pictures
    * even an alternative download link

You`ve earned my time Going to test this.
    Last edited by Hezus; 26-10-2004 at 02:48 PM.

These good comments... Though only two replies. It'll take forever to download a 13mb file on 36k.

Desintigrator of Souls

i'd say that, judjing by the pics, you could have used a little more detail, and those crates in the warehouse look a little too good alined. Make them a bit more shattered, IMO.

else i can't see any big problems. I assume it's BM?

downloading now.
    the truth about scientology

Mapping is an expression... coLera's Avatar

Looks nice, sounds nice... And some of those pictures just show 1 zombie, would be good if u have customized zombies, but ok. (I see lots of blood, but how does that seem to effect of any mount of enemys ) ... Downloading and editing this post after finished with 4/2 ppl.

Manager

I`ve just playtested it and I must say these are good maps

First one is very puzzle oriented, and there is quite a lack of good puzzle maps in SvenCo-op, so I`m happy to see this map turns out so well. Co-operation is really needed here.

Second map is really action oriented. Fierce fights along with some co-operative elements make it a nice challenge. Had some fun on this one.

Overall the map looks good. Gameplay is very clever on both maps. A high entertainment value is giving because of the well worked out story on both maps with some good short scenes to give some extra feeling. Another good point are the classic bossfights with music behind it.

Architecture is above the average, and with many changes of texture and layout, so it never get's boring. Too bad, I didn't get the "wow" feeling I sometimes have when a map has reall good architecture, but it's certainly no major down on this map. Lighting is pretty good.

If I have to give the map a rating I would give it a 8/10. That means I`m moving it to BOMS. Congrats.

A few things I noticed :
    * The controllers could use spawn animation on the first map. They now spawn out of thin air
    * Gonomes on the 2nd map could come from different directions or in 2 waves to prevent an overkill
    * The door at the end just looks into the open air. Maybe you can make a bit of an outside setting to make it look better. Now it has a bit of a easy made ending.
    * CFG settings need a change. Players spawn with 200 health wich is a bit much imho.
    * Put the shotgun and the pistol in the map cfg of the 2nd map for some more realism.
    * Map could use some extra ammo on some points.

Wow Thanks a bunch Hezus im gonna start working on the fixes and add some more stuf etc

I just played it through. Very nice job so far. Other that the suggestions posted above, I can't see anythign else majorly wrong with the map. Nice story, good use of cameras. I like the intro with the curtain and the 20th Century Fox fanfare. Overall, a very nice map.

Ill be posting an update shotly, Ive done the fixes sujested by the members who have posted and ive added a new ending and a cool osprey to boot

incy247 theres a bug on the 2nd map where the hidden snarks are u can only get one of them, the other one has some sort of invisible box around it

Yeah thats a kinda odd bug, since Svencoop has those weapon pysics features, so when the snarks spawn they bouce around and fall of the Clip brush that was holding them stright. \

Im working ona big update i will release it some time later this week

I think it's a great map with all it's puzzles, but here's something I'd like to see fixed:

1.The mirror floor. Make the door open sideways, instead, so you don't need the extra space there.

2.Model replacements for enemies. If you can't get new models, you could ask someone to modify the existing models' QC files, so that they have better abilities like faster speed, attacks etc.

3.One of the doors along the long stairways clips to a wall.

4.Add some info_nodes around, especially in the stairways. The baby garg often stops at the stairs and it's easy to kill that way.

5.Make the osprey and the glass into a func_train that moves up and slowly speeds up, when the end comes.

6.Perhaps the credits could be a texture that moves up as a func_train?
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroFish View Post
    Hey guys remember when maps/games were made because the creator wanted to make them, and not because of what people wanted to play?

That was great.

Manager

I`ve playtested the new version on my own so I had the time to look around a little better. I found some points to bitch about :

First map :
    * Intro : Could use a rework. Looks a bit blocky and easy made.
    * Check the spelling on the introduction text (e.g "mountins")
    * headcrabs are still floating in the ducts (2 times)
    * The skeleton at the start moves and faces at the headcrabs that are in the same corridor. You could delete the crabs or put the model on full idle.
    * Some textures are really streched (check attachment 1 and 2)
    * You should place the zombies more randomly around. It's like they have been standing in formation for hours now. Let them stand all over the room and face different directions. Even more realistic would them to walk around or do stuff.
    * Maybe you could put a spawn change in front of the elevator on the second floor. The jumping part at the start get's a bit annoying after a while.
    * The elevator is gibbing me sometimes when it reaches the top or bottom. I`m not sure what could be the cause of this. Maybe you could try moving the floor below the elevator a few units down.
    * The rail (2nd attachment) should be func_illusionary with a clipbrush over it so we can shoot through it. Maybe more rails/grates in the map need this.

Second map :
    * too many AR grenades and normal grenades. Makes the battles too easy.

That's about it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	escape1.PNG 
Views:	273 
Size:	537.6 KB 
ID:	8974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	escape2.PNG 
Views:	249 
Size:	442.1 KB 
ID:	8975  

You took a lot from k_thegame. The entire premise of the map infact. You just splashed your name everywhere though.

http://www.planetfortress.com/jmcstf...ck_thegame.htm
    the eden account makes buildings smile

he said to me ingame just then that he made this because he loved the escape maps from tfc so much...

Maybe cus i loved k_thegame a little to much i realy liked that map. The first areas of the map are based on it cus thats what i was doing realy making a map like k_thegame then it started developing alot so i started adding in loads of my own work and stuf, you cans ee its nothing liek k_thegame was now, oh yeah and Hezus i had to make those textures strech cus i hit the MAX patch limit, so since those textures where ina large room they made a couple 1,000 on their own so i streched them so the rest of the map wouldnt suffer, Other note from hezus some of the railings are illutionarys and clips just 1 or 2 that i didnt change since barly any fighting happends there. i will fix that anyhow but i cnat fix the streached bit orther wise i would have to retexure alot of the map

I've played the map a bit, its pretty good, but a lot of the puzzles are taken straight from k_thegame. Apart from that though the map looks great and is good fun in a large group, and the atmosphere matches that of k_thegame, which is one of my favorite maps for halflife. You really need to give credit to the maker of k_thegame though, because the map is more than just a little inspired.
    the eden account makes buildings smile

Read above: im going to add Foster to the credits and to the motd anyhow its only the start of Part 1 that is more than a little inspired from k_thegame after i started working on the map alot it kinda fell away from k_thegame

Wow, your map made it to BMOS! Good job incy. You've always been a great mapper, and always made fun maps (like that Toilet Wars Hotel map I still want you to finish it, it's awesome - maybe it could be for now a regular HL MP map).

incy247 are you going to make a third map?

I think it ends at the osprey anyway, so i doubt it.

I like the new osprey, its great! although a few new textures wont go amiss.

You never know i might go ahead and make Escape 2 someday only time will tell i guess, Oh yeah on a side note ive made some nice improvements to the maps. Im hopeing to get a final out soon

Or perhaps, escape C and D?

I already got an idea, the Osprey...

*'s fuel goes empty...
    *is shot down...

...and it lands in place x where they have to get out...
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroFish View Post
    Hey guys remember when maps/games were made because the creator wanted to make them, and not because of what people wanted to play?

That was great.

sounds like a great idea! incy, cutscene please!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast