Thread: [Prop] Wong model SDK for half-life

[Prop] Wong model SDK for half-life

Hello first poster here

I'm releasing an SDK for my only half-life npc model since most HL1 Mods apparently are ending production. Wong's a generic character which can modified for mod campaigns. Turn him into a security officer, mechanic, whatever..
    Model's made and compiled with milkshape3d. Animations are adapted from the barney.mdl of the high definition half-life pack. I removed the gun to ease the modeling proces so he's not an actual barney replacement, but hopefully he can be used as an npc model.
    He has 34 animations covering the basic default behaviours (I hope). I'm no half-life modding expert so bare with me if it needs fixing, even better comment and then I can fix it.

The model has some obvious problems with clipping and deformation, but these are smaller issues that won't be noticed much ingame.

The model is free to use as long as you give me proper credit for the model, also if you make alterations, and I'd like to be notified by mail should you use it in a Mod.

enjoy

/nkoste
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dogg don't piss on me I just invented photoshop ! Panzerfaust's Avatar

Re: Wong model SDK for half-life

This thread needs more love, that is a nice change from most of the stuff posted here.

The clipping errors that you mentioned aside, its a very good model.
    Liquid Banjo

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust
    This thread needs more love, that is a nice change from most of the stuff posted here.
    Indeed its a change. There needs to be less small reskins with little effort put in to them, and more qualitly modeling and texturing. I guess not alot of people like spending their time modeling for hours.
    people are stupid...

Thanks for the love.

love it
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_AK
    Indeed its a change. There needs to be less small reskins with little effort put in to them, and more qualitly modeling and texturing. I guess not alot of people like spending their time modeling for hours.
    anyways, i kinda do

Re: [Prop] Wong model SDK for half-life

sorry if this is calssed as a bump i have no intenion of bumping it i just think this is so good it deserves a comment for the good work thats been put into it good job its a good hd model
    visit my model site at
    http://h4xor.net/mat

Now I'm the one bumping. Thanks Wildcat & mathew. Anybody knows if this model has been used for anything? I'd love to hear.
    I see the model's been categorised as a prop LOL.

Here's a render from my website

hey if anyone wants to give it running animations and work as a zombie replacement I'll add him to my dawn of the dead map + would be cool with a different sking but I guess I'm dreaming here
    Back occasionally after a long break from svencoop

Dogg don't piss on me I just invented photoshop ! Panzerfaust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nkoste
    Now I'm the one bumping. Thanks Wildcat & mathew. Anybody knows if this model has been used for anything? I'd love to hear.
    I see the model's been categorised as a prop LOL.

Here's a render from my website

I set it as a prop because its an SDK release.
    Liquid Banjo

It's cool. I actually don't have a clue what the sven coop mod is about except that it's cooperative, right? I'm just glad if somebody can use the model so I thought a good place to spread him was here. It'll be a shame to turn him into a zombie though since it's primarily rigged for barney, but hey go ahead see if you can do it and post it here.

Laterz dudes