Thread: 2Bases2 - Finaly Its Out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Monster Mapper amckern's Avatar  
    Programmer

Re: 2Bases2 - Finaly Its Out!

new version is now out, i had a play test with some mates, and it seems to be balnaced

http://downloads.ammahls.com/sc/maps...ngforts_v1.zip

Adam
    SC Kicks ass!

My Maps - SC_28, SC_AVP, SC_Duno, SC_Max, Opposing Forts, SC_Massive, SC_Oni
    My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Was a bit hard there Mate, but we were only two most of the map so I guess that was why. Still the ending is a bit funny, maybe you could make use of some teleporters in that first area and teleport directly into the last battlezone. Or set the spawnarea to that last part and teleport everyone there, add some extra weapons to the area also (xbow?). Anyway keep up the good work.

Programmer

thanks, i forgot it was you that made those comments early one, soz

Any way, now i have a play test with some one i did not know, and people i do, i will be refining it more
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Manager

How come that there is such r_speeds now ? Measured up to 3500 wpoly and massive epoly's, did something go wrong with compiling ?

The map still has the good looks altho the gameplay is still a bit dodgy. The Subject in the Pit still can handle itself on it's own without any protection. The gameplay is some kind of wierd.

There are area's that totally do not count on the gameplay and others are packed full of monsters. For example : I start, pickup my weapons, run to the first room and there are like 10 assassins and 6 grunts below me. First I get two AR-Grenades lobbed at me and the rest can all trow nades at me. That's really overloaded there.

Then the place with the garg and the osprey isn't doing anything either. Run past the garg and you're into another 3 rooms completely without any monsters. Then suddenly there is like 8 gonomes in a cafetaria. Again overloaded.

Then jump past 2 snipers, go to the masta alien and kill it from a distance where it can't even hurt you, neither can the rest of the monsters in that area. It's about 4 clips with my mp5 and he's gone and I win.

It's all about balance. After winning that first fight with the assassins you can pretty much complete the map in 3 minutes. You really need to make sure that every room is a part of the map rather then something you can run through. Nice setting with all the garg and the osprey but it's totally useless now. Same goes for many other area's.

I really don't want to bitch around too much, but it's such a sin that a great looking map like this being so dodgy at the gameplay side.

Programmer

as i have said before, this is a submision for 3.5 with the new game modes, that no one in the public domain has access to, and as such, monsters are just random at this point in time

i also think i made a small mistake of runing a normal vis, not a full one, due to testing a map bfore i complied the lattest build of opposingforts
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Programmer

Big update

After playtesting, etc, etc, i have found some bad map exploits that have been fixed!

You can download the lattest update file from http://noballs.org/downloads/opposingforts_final.zip
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

It crashed for me , but i could reach to osprey and its very cool so far I like the new textures Especially the battery and healt charger ones
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Programmer

I dont understand why it crashed, many people have played and this is the first time i have heard of it...
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Your map rocks I played it alone and had a lot of fun on it. The only thing I didn´t really like was the masta alien at the end. There could be something better than just an alien controller.

Programmer

I used the controlers, becuase Nili likes to put him self in the middle of the map - i would have used him otherwise
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Its a damn cool map , but id like it even more if it was military only Like the original 2 bases u know...
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Programmer

Yeah - i understand - even though i did not make the orignal 2bases (and hence the next two versions of the map are called opposingforts) - i like to use env_xenmakers - and it looks strange with hgrunts spawning from them .
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

last man on earth compressed-worrior's Avatar

maybeh with the env_xen makers u could make a camera going into the room have the grunts go in and have a sound file go..."grunt1: woah wtf what happened to us?:smartgunt1:we musthave been teleported by one of those hovering things:grunt1:well i dont care just get us back there:smartgrunt1:ok charging battery pack...:grunt1:is it me or is it hot?:smartgunt1:holy shit incoming assasians: and then u can have something like they are working together and all that worked in after that :P

Programmer

Thanks for the comments, but at this point in time i'm not going to be adding any changes to the map.
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Contributor

Last edited by spy-warrior; 10-06-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12