Thread: 2Bases2 - Finaly Its Out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Monster Mapper amckern's Avatar  
    Programmer

Opposing Forts (2Bases2) - Finaly Its Out!

This is a submission for 3.5, in the invasion/assault category

I been working on 2bases2 for about 3 years now, and have only in the past 7 months done any real work to it

This map has now been superseded by opposingforts_final: http://scmapdb.com/map:opposing-forts

SCREEN SHOTS

DOWNLOAD

http://scmapdb.com/map:opposing-forts

Please comment, and play test
    Last edited by amckern; 11-07-2017 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Info is out of date
    SC Kicks ass!

My Maps - SC_28, SC_AVP, SC_AVP10, SC_Duno, SC_Max, Opposing Forts, SC_Massive, SC_Oni
    My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Re: 2Bases2 - Finaly Its Out!

oh boy fun

Programmer

there is no zip file, becuase it takes to long to upload large files on a 28k conection

also - you might experince a large slap of lag near the end due to a 60k epolly count, can any one help me out, by doin a low polly skin for ickys?
    SC Kicks ass!

My Maps - SC_28, SC_AVP, SC_AVP10, SC_Duno, SC_Max, Opposing Forts, SC_Massive, SC_Oni
    My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

It's christmas everyday with Saff Suicidal's Avatar

Looks good ill try it later, oh and why didn't you just call the map something else to prevent confusion and mixup?

Programmer

:P I have no idea what name to give it, offer me one

2bases2 was its WIP name, and as such its just on this map for a short while
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

As much as this map looks cool i'm sure that the door texture in picture 3 is either an NS texture or a remake of an NS texture (correct me if i'm wrong) if it is an NS texture you should probably change it.

It isnt a Ns texture he said it in the other thread to his map....

To the Map its really cool!!! unfortuanly i came only to the Osprey scene and in the Freemann room... Its hard to fight alone vs 8, 9 soldiers... I hope i can see the map in near future on others sc servers... Keep up the good work... U worked 3 years on the map really ?? Hm the final result everything says good job.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for Svencoop 4.0 It is Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by 23-Down
    It isnt a Ns texture he said it in the other thread to his map....

To the Map its really cool!!! unfortuanly i came only to the Osprey scene and in the Freemann room... Its hard to fight alone vs 8, 9 soldiers... I hope i can see the map in near future on others sc servers... Keep up the good work... U worked 3 years on the map really ?? Hm the final result everything says good job.
    It just looks so much like the textures in one of those NS maps. But i'll take you word for it, anyways about to test the map i'll post feedback after wards.

Japanese Wannabe NYO~~~! ゞ(´゜ω゜)つ~☆ Nero's Avatar

Hmm, there were ickys? :o
    Though i heard one cry in pain when i launched m203 grenades into the room with the controllers ^^;;

Great architecture nice textures, a bit short :\

About the light fixtures at spawn, arent they pretty unnecessary since you can't(?) see them?

Great job anyways :]
    Call it, the_map, :P
    Nero of TSP and Wotnet
    Ingame names: Nero, Horny-Girl-13
    IRC nick: Nero (probably)

Programmer

augh, i am starting to hate fire fox, dam post went cua, when i hit the post button!

Here i go again

The major part of textures for the map, are from map core, the rest are from halflife and xeno wads

The lights at spawn have alot of null work, so it wont matter anyway

The iccys are there to help stop people from camping in the watter

Look up the Health point count, and name of one of the grunts found in "The Objective" pit at http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/search/tools.jhtml - easter egg
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

I just played the map and for the most part great.

In most of the rooms the architetcure is above average - great (Especially on those big moving doorsthose things are great). The roof on that room where you first get your guns with the glass sky ligths in it looks a little strange buts its probably just me.

The textures look great except that i dont like the texture you used for that bio hazardous water in the room with the glass skylights, its just doesn't look right to me.

The gameplay was good but it would have been better if the players STARTED with thier guns instead of having to pick them up. I'm sure there is a great reason why you have to wander off into that next room to get your guns but i just can't personally figure it out.

Apart from those things the map is great and i hope you find a name that suits it better.

Hmm.. screenshots are looking promising Testing it.

Japanese Wannabe NYO~~~! ゞ(´゜ω゜)つ~☆ Nero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amckern
    Look up the Health point count, and name of one of the grunts found in "The Objective" pit at http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/search/tools.jhtml - easter egg

haha, that was actually the first thing on my mind "hmm, odd health points, weird names :O"
    XD ^^

EDIT: You should add something more if you fail ze mission other than the message. :]
    Something similar to svencoop2 maybe? ^^
    Last edited by Nero; 07-01-2005 at 09:30 AM.
    Nero of TSP and Wotnet
    Ingame names: Nero, Horny-Girl-13
    IRC nick: Nero (probably)

I liked it, but it was a bit on the short side. With the numerous teleports in the weapon room I was hoping for something really long. And the endboss was way too easy. Luckily this is only v1

2bases2.wad is the same size as the map?

I must say that this map looks great ! Awesome textures, great architecture and detail and the lighting is totally killer. Good going there. Nothing to complain about

Gameplay is other thing. For such a good looking map, it's easy as hell and way to short. I`ve completed it without a single death. The biggest problem is that you have a large arsenal of weapons and unlimited availability of AR grenades and HEV+Health chargers around almost every corner. Way way way to easy.

The story is a bit weird too. First you have to defend "something" in that pit but that's not the map. Those guys can handle them selfs easily. Then the rest of the map is pretty much walktrough, with suddenly the "masta" alien controller, that is awefully easy to kill. And that's the ending. No real satisfaction there.

Monster placement is quite good, only for that last battle. The monsters around the "masta" alien couldn't even attack me. Best is to change that ending totally because it's hard to get it right the way you've chosen the layout there.

I would say you review that gameplay balance a bit. Make the objectives a bit clearer and reduce the amount of ARgrenades, best is to leave them out totally. Reduce the amount of HEV chargers to 2 in the whole map and the health chargers by 50%. Get a load of ammo out of the map, and spread it more around the map.

Noticed a little "bug". The spinwheel right at the ending is completely turning, even the metal bar it's hanging on. Looks pretty weird.

EDIT : What about "sc_cascade" ?
    Last edited by Hezus; 07-01-2005 at 12:37 PM.

It's christmas everyday with Saff Suicidal's Avatar

Call it Opposing Forts

Programmer

Thanks for the help guys

As you might have seen, its a submision for 3.5, so alot of the monsters are only there tempory, untill the full know how of the entitys work

I was also trying to make the rooms look semetrical, by adding the same stuff to each wall

I will do a play test with out any ar, but the ar is there for people that will be entering the map after the RPG "Fan Unit 1" Room has closed to kill the garg (He has cliping issues if he goes into the rooms off the side of the power core area)

I also have a name sorted out, late nights he he -

SC_Flower

But i might consder opposing forts
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Contributor

Programmer

OK, bad news, i lost about 70GB of data, though not the raw rmf's this time

My entire HL Directory, and many other games i have got over the years, and lost the cd to are, now lost in a corupt rar file

I wont be working on any maps, for about 7 days, that is untill i can download HL Tool Pack, and install steam
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Ouch, sorry to hear man. But at least you'll get a fresh start again.

Hezus about sums it up, so I don't have much to add. I was planning on putting it on my server but I'll wait a little until next version.

OK, bad news, i lost about 70GB of data, though not the raw rmf's this time

My entire HL Directory, and many other games i have got over the years, and lost the cd to are, now lost in a corupt rar file

I wont be working on any maps, for about 7 days, that is untill i can download HL Tool Pack, and install steam
    Awh.. that sucks m8. I wanted to wait till you fixed up the gameplay issue's till I would give my rating. I'll just give you a rating so far for this version then so I can move it where it belongs

Short summary of my comments :
    - Visuals are awesome. Architecture, texturing, lighting all fits like a glove.
    - Gameplay needs some balance tweaking, too many powerfull weapons/items
    - Final battle needs to be resyled to work right.

Rating :
    7.5/10

(I think the map will be a load better when the gameplay has been balanced and fixed, so I`ll give you a new rating as soon you release a newer version.)

Let Vengeance Be Mine! CozmicShredder's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: 2Bases2 - Finaly Its Out!

Well I tried the map had to shut a bunch of plugins down on my server but was willing to try this map!

I must say the image quality is awesome everything looks great.

On the other hand I would prefer less in one map and span it between more then one map.

There wasn't much to figure out you spawn you kill you die you spawn you kill almost the same as the first map but with a larger greater detailed area's.

I think you put everything in a good place took a bit of time to find all the triggers.

I wasn't amused at the how much health of the aliens in the sewers but it looked and sounded cool in that room but the flying aliens I would have taken them out and have a trigger under water would be fun trying to swim down there with all the ichysaurs.

I might have missed a few things on the map I didn't play it until it ended..

I think over all you did a great job on the map would be cool to get more involved in a story with such map making talents I could see more then one map unfold where you have to stop the intruders from leaving the base at the end or maybe a big boss?

That would be on the third map of course...

Programmer

OMG!

my first boms!

I have got my computer backonline, and am just testing out the replaced lights.rad file - i had to put the values in again

The map now has the name opposingforts, big thanks Suicidal

I removed all the ar nades, and the 357's

i also reduced the ammount of chargers, and med kits

I removed the medic in the pit, and also fixed the wheals up - and made them more promient by textureing the upperside in a texturelight

I will think about making the map bigger, but at the moment, i am just going to fix the game play issues up

Have you found all the easter eggs yet?
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

OMG!

my first boms!

I have got my computer backonline, and am just testing out the replaced lights.rad file - i had to put the values in again

The map now has the name opposingforts, big thanks Suicidal

I removed all the ar nades, and the 357's

i also reduced the ammount of chargers, and med kits

I removed the medic in the pit, and also fixed the wheals up - and made them more promient by textureing the upperside in a texturelight

I will think about making the map bigger, but at the moment, i am just going to fix the game play issues up

Have you found all the easter eggs yet?
    Congrats on BOMS, you earned it

Anyway.. Take your time on the expansion of the map, if you rush it you might lose some of the great visuals and detail the rest of the map has. Personally I would suggest you cut the map at the place you go into the sewer at the end-boss and start the expansion from there.

Havn't found any eastereggs yet

Programmer

I want to keep it to one map, incase sniper, or who ever it is, choses this map for inclusion in 3.5 (Unless 3.5 is Sven Coop 2)

And now that this map, is here, can some one PLEASE MAKE ME SOME LOW POLLY ICCYS!
    SC Kicks ass!

My Web Sites - AMMAHLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast