Thread: [HWGrunt]Hgrunt Commander

[HWGrunt]Hgrunt Commander

It's the opposing force intro grunt commander... as a HW grunt. I decided I liked the model, and I was bored and the default guy sucks. His animations aren't perfect (nicked off the op4 grunts), but he works in the game and its a lot harder because he looks like the rest of the grunts.

I would convert the normal animations directly but the original HWGrunt has one of those buggered 2-part spines. Is there ANY reason why anyone uses these? It only seems to be good models like HW guys and SD barneys that have silly spines, just to make them hard to convert >
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic.JPG 
Views:	921 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	10011  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sig

Re: [HWGrunt]Hgrunt Commander

The way he holds the minigun is rediculous. Eveyrhting doesn't necessary need to be realistic, but that looks comical. Kind of like same as someone lifting a car with their finger... As for converting the animation, I'm afraid you will HAVE to turn and move and mess with the model...
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroFish View Post
    Hey guys remember when maps/games were made because the creator wanted to make them, and not because of what people wanted to play?

That was great.

Re: [HWGrunt]Hgrunt Commander

Can't mess with the model, no milky
    The idea is, he's holding it with BOTH hands, like theres two handles, but now I see that his hand comes off it during the idle anim. I might be able to fix this...

EDIT: If you can find/make a better animation for him, send it to me...
    Last edited by StoneHead; 20-03-2005 at 09:01 AM.
    sig