Thread: Last Stand Series (Final)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Last Stand Series (Final)

Very nice maps, nice architecture and nice innovations Definitly right place in BoM
    ..::|N4+UR4L$3l3c+IonH@5cOmEh0m3|::..

Maps-Hosting:
    BlackFacility2 BlackFacility Survivor1+2 Survivor3+4 Hot1+2

Visit my Homepage: www.djdemon.de.vu

Sucky sucky, love you long time ]SK['s Avatar

Manager

I'm currently reworking the maps with the comments I got from you guys. Thanks everyone for the feedback !

I don't think I'll be posting an update for these series when I'm done with this. I'm hoping to ship it with the Bronze release of 3.5. New version will surely have a wider variantion of monsters (xen forces, as requested) and some reworked area's, like the Sniper Tower. I'm touching up the inside works of that one, it felt a bit boring imho. (sorry for being such a perfectionist )

Other change would be the first map. I've been a bit lazy in making that starting battle so I revised it. It now has ai_scripts, sounds and animations. 007, I've reimplented some of your sounds, except for the speech. I think we'll need proffesional equipment to get some good quality speech.

And if anyone found another bug, or wants to post critism or comments.. please post ! I'll be using all your feedback for the good of the map, so don't hold anything back
    Last edited by Hezus; 28-08-2005 at 03:29 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Last Stand Series (Final)

Hi, just one quick bug before I go on...kept getting stuck on lip of door on last map. The very first door that opens down. Had to suicide to get off. (the door)
    With that said this is a great series. Me and my son played through these and he was going nuts over the robogrunt maker and the turret builders.
    He's beggin' me to make a map based on buildable things like that but I have no clue on how to do that, even though I know how to make basic maps.
    So something to throw your or someone elses way would be a map where you had to keep building protection or other things like a RTS game.
    Making the turrets rebuildable would make this even more awesome, maybe even adding a coulpe more.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Rictus Grin
    Hi, just one quick bug before I go on...kept getting stuck on lip of door on last map. The very first door that opens down. Had to suicide to get off. (the door)
    With that said this is a great series. Me and my son played through these and he was going nuts over the robogrunt maker and the turret builders.
    He's beggin' me to make a map based on buildable things like that but I have no clue on how to do that, even though I know how to make basic maps.
    So something to throw your or someone elses way would be a map where you had to keep building protection or other things like a RTS game.
    Making the turrets rebuildable would make this even more awesome, maybe even adding a coulpe more.
    Thanks for comments. I'll fix the door, forgot to fix it. I had problems with it during testing too.

I think there might be a way to make those sentryguns rebuildable. I'll look into it.

EDIT : I've tried, but a bug in the squadmaker entity (sentries do not fade away so they do not count as "max children") makes it impossible to have it working properly. But do not worry, upcoming SvenCo-op 3.5 will have a feature that gives you a better alternative
    Last edited by Hezus; 06-09-2005 at 12:04 PM.

good job... is this "military only" ? looks that way...
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdaemon
    good job... is this "military only" ? looks that way...
    In the story you are a member of a Special Forces unit, so it is pretty much military themed, but you'll be fighting plenty of aliens. Next to that there are some militia solders to fight.

Thumbs up Re: Last Stand Series (Final)

5/5 HEZUS! 5/5!!!!!!!! Just as Holiday Island began to get boring. Loving last4.bsp.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval_Warrior
    5/5 HEZUS! 5/5!!!!!!!! Just as Holiday Island began to get boring. Loving last4.bsp.
    Glad you like it. Some update info on these maps :

I've taken all your comments into account and loads of changes have been made to the series. The new version will not be released on the forums but will be with your copy of SvenCo-op 3.5 Bronze as soon as it's ready

Banned

Last Stand Series Final

Why would we want to say goodbye to TLS? If Con wants to, he can kill off the Last Stand Guy, but put another in. You could even branch off a whole different type of game Leading squads of Zombies against the barricade anyone?. So, try to keep the next installments varied, but dont scrap the whole thing.

Manager

Re: Last Stand Series Final

Quote Originally Posted by Neotmymn73 View Post
    Why would we want to say goodbye to TLS? If Con wants to, he can kill off the Last Stand Guy, but put another in. You could even branch off a whole different type of game Leading squads of Zombies against the barricade anyone?. So, try to keep the next installments varied, but dont scrap the whole thing.
    Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Nih View Post
    Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    Spam bot?

this is one of my favorite series map, and last4 is the best for me, i love defense maps

Quote Originally Posted by Hezus View Post
    Spam bot?
    Not a spam bot. The guy is saying that he thinks instead of just ending the map could branch off into something like the player leading zombies AGAINST the survivors.

Manager

Nah, it was a spam bot. They follow keywords and post something vaguely related for god knows what reason. We banned it a year ago.

Extreme custom model user AvP66's Avatar

If your talking about the maps titled Last in sven coop i realy liked them especialy the ending level, but in utopia sven coop server in the finale level Tor wont spawn last time i did the level.
    GARGS = AWSOME

Visit one of my threads at
    http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showt...714#post452714

the REAL pwnage

He's actually talking about this stupid flash game called the last stand, since con is con artist, the dude who made those flash games.
    Thus spoke Ian

MOS 6510 @ 1.02 MHz /w VIC-II Cesar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvP66 View Post
    If your talking about the maps titled Last in sven coop i realy liked them especialy the ending level, but in utopia sven coop server in the finale level Tor wont spawn last time i did the level.
    That server is missing the Tor model for months. Play on another servers if you want to see Tor.

Creator of trainracingv2, sorry no autographs! Soctom's Avatar  
    Artist

Server isn't missing the Tor model just using an old version of metamod that does not support any of the new entities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12