http://svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33630

----------------------------------
    Images
    Over 30 Screen shots can be found here in the Gallery

-----------------------------------------------------
    Info
    -----------------------------------------------------
    The Escape Series is a map series all bases around puzzle solving and heavy team work, Escape 2 is the Sequel to original map Escape 1 (Found here in the BOMS) So now Escape 2 takes the basic ideas from Escape 1 and makes a bigger, better designed, better looking and more puzzling map than the first!

For those who don't know, in Escape 1 the main idea was to use Team work and some smarts to Escape this underground facility of which you had been made prisoner. Although most of the map consisted of Puzzle solving some of it was aimed at monsters and boss fights!

And now the download links!
    Please note: the map comes in an installer package and it should automatically point to your steam accounts half-life folder if it does not please do so manually
    (Example - C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\e-mail@msn.com\half-life)

[Download URL Removed; map is included in Sven Co-op 4.0]

-----------
    MIRRORS
    -----------
    [Download URLs Removed; map is included in Sven Co-op 4.0]

-------------------------------------

If you are interested download Escape 1 as well!
    [Download URL Removed; map is included in Sven Co-op 4.0]

Download Both Escape 1 and Escape 2 in ONE installer
    File to be added shortly
    Last edited by JPolito; 24-12-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Re: The Escape Series - Escape 2

Just saying now- you're going to like this one. Just don't use the big gun. You'll know what I mean when you get to it.
    You just wasted 3 seconds of your life.

Contributor

Downloading atm, will try asap

Edit: [Download URL Removed; map is included in Sven Co-op 4.0]

Contributor

Please remove the musics from your maps. Most of them suck (I listened the wav files, not played maps yet), and they take about 60 MB zipped. The maps take about 9 MB zipped. The wavs take about 7/8 of the size of the whole pack. Also I don't think you are allowed to distribute about any of those wavs freely.

I rather listen to my own mp3s instead of 8 bit mono wav musics.

Anyway, we're going to play the maps now!

Nice map, i am going to play this right now.

File Hosted: [Download URL Removed; map is included in Sven Co-op 4.0]
    Last edited by JPolito; 24-12-2008 at 03:55 PM.
    Meaning with out consequences, isn't pointless, and is always avoidable.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by A1win
    Please remove the musics from your maps. Most of them suck (I listened the wav files, not played maps yet), and they take about 60 MB zipped. The maps take about 9 MB zipped. The wavs take about 7/8 of the size of the whole pack. Also I don't think you are allowed to distribute about any of those wavs freely.

I rather listen to my own mp3s instead of 8 bit mono wav musics.

Anyway, we're going to play the maps now!
    Might be the best to offer the music as a additional pack. 67 megs is massive for maps.

EDIT :
    Seems the whole Steam Platform just went down the drain. I'll try to test it later on.

Scientist Scientist

When my friend comes over, We'll have to give it a try. I notice that I can't join any servers that are playing escape 2 due to reliable overflows.
    New Map Under Construction: Audacity

Path To Greatness Final (When or IF I finish it) (97+%)

Quote Originally Posted by halfliferyan
    When my friend comes over, We'll have to give it a try. I notice that I can't join any servers that are playing escape 2 due to reliable overflows.
    investigating that might be cus of high entity count

Contributor

We played 1st and about half-way the second map, but then my comp crashed (because of my hardware) and I was running the server, so I haven't seen the rest of the maps yet.

The cutscenes on the first maps were a bit annoying because I was under the water during most of them, and drowned a couple of times and a few times get out just in time, once I had 1 HP left. Maybe they should, or should have been, a bit shorter, or you could use freeze player flag on some of them...

Some of the monsters had maybe a bit too much HP for three players, like 400 HP zombies and 200 HP headcrabs.

Otherwise it looked cool and was fun to play.

Looking at the sound folder right now -- I personally don't mind 68 megs of music for the map. Not enough maps make good enough use of music, but I'll see just how well you did with the music in-game.

If I'm gonna download all that music, I might as well get my 60 MEGABYTE FILES worth out of it.
    /laem joke

Quick note: hahahahah this map has Resident Evil music in it. I have the OST, biatch.
    (actually, good job at getting your hands on it, since its very hard to come by :o)

edit:/ someone run a public server so I can play this the real way with somebody I hate using no clip in a puzzle/team map.

Quote Originally Posted by incy247
    investigating that might be cus of high entity count
    The overflowing is not caused by high ent count, its caused by the camra effects. Its sending too many updates to the clients, so they overflow.

Also it seems the second map escape_b crashs part of the way through for some reason, every time we play it. I have also made .res files for the maps so players don't crash from ickyT.mdl.
    Meaning with out consequences, isn't pointless, and is always avoidable.

New Jersey, where crime and corruption roam free.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Ballblue
    If I'm gonna download all that music, I might as well get my 60 MEGABYTE FILES worth out of it.
    /laem joke
    I can make a joke about your name but it wouldn't be appropriate on these forums.

(kidding)

60_Megabyte_File
    Sven Co-op Message Board Moderator

Manager

I've been a playtester of these maps for a while and personally I would recommend this for BOMS, although BOMS maps should not contain major bugs and seeing that a few people already have problems I'll first let you fix up some of these, before moving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezus
    I've been a playtester of these maps for a while and personally I would recommend this for BOMS, although BOMS maps should not contain major bugs and seeing that a few people already have problems I'll first let you fix up some of these, before moving it.
    some people have the bugs some people dont it makes no sence >><

I think the only major bug is the fact that at the end of the final map there is no way to run out of time

Other than that this is a great map series, I've playtested since fairly early on and seen how this has all developed and I have to say it's outstanding.

Graphical
    ----------

Escape 2 looks very impressive, the graphical detail is very good for the half-life engine and although in some areas the r_speeds are a little high for low end machines (around 1300+ wpoly) the majority of the map should run very well. The areas of the maps are varied and interesting and keep to a similar theme as the previous map(Escape).

Score: 9/10

Gameplay

-----------

Yet again the overall gameplay is very well thought out, there are many different puzzles and things to find in the maps which make it a more interesting gameplay experience than a non-stop frag-fest. Some puzzles may be slightly difficult for the less mentally inclined but the majority of players should be able to work it out before it becomes boring(unlike some other puzzle-type maps... naming no names *ahem*RECO*cough*).

Score: 8/10

Audio

------

I have to say that the music was very well used although in general for Sven Coop maps using resident evil music is getting pretty old of late... as for atmosphere and ambience, well Escape isn't a let-down in that area, if you're not walking through a creepy corridor with only the drips of water for company you're running from a boss with the frantic theme music playing.

Score: 8/10

Conclusion

------------

Escape 2 builds upon the expectations that will probably have mounted from the release of Escape, I don't think many fans will be let down by this great new addition to the Escape series. It maintains the theme of the constant struggle to "escape" from wherever you are and I know for one i'll be looking forward to the next installment in the Escape series...

Overall 8.3/10

Scientist Scientist

I believe I've found the problem. Its the motd, I had the same problem with my combined maps. Their way to long, once I deleted it the maps worked. You need to cut out most of the ------------ in the motd, just have a paragraph or 2, but no more. When you do that, the maps work. This is why some people can play while others can't.

That will be $1 million dollars for that.

Mapping is an expression... coLera's Avatar

wow the file is big, it took me 1min to download it... longest time I hadto wait

gonna test the map and reply to the map ASAP

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by halfliferyan
    I believe I've found the problem. Its the motd, I had the same problem with my combined maps. Their way to long, once I deleted it the maps worked. You need to cut out most of the ------------ in the motd, just have a paragraph or 2, but no more. When you do that, the maps work. This is why some people can play while others can't.

That will be $1 million dollars for that.
    Alright, that should fix the problem. Time to move this map to where it belongs

Just a little review from my side :
    A very good series of maps with architecture and details on far above average, with sometimes nice area's and others are less detailed, but because of engine limits the map size wouldnt be possible if high detailed. - 7.5/10

Gameplay is very unique with all its co-operative sequences, camera positions and puzzles. Had a good time playing this, even though it gets easier as soon you know how to do the puzzles I think the replay value is still very high. - 9/10

Overall rating would be a very good 8.3/10

BOMS!

I like the maps,tough it takes some time for some things to happen.
    There are some more serious problems such as a few brushes were PITCH BLACK .
    I couldn't test further than map 2 halfway because i was playing with A1win and didn't have time to restart.
    Also you can thank the people at the #svencoop and #mapping IRC channels for making incy247 release these maps now.If he didn't these bugs would have made it bad.

I was playing it on a public server today when some guy joined the server claiming he had tested the map, and offered to tell everyone the secrets even though he wasn't supposed to tell. He showed us the minigun and gave out some akimbo uzis apparently.

While we were trying to figure some of the puzzles out, he'd just tell us exactly what to do or go do it for himself, leaving the rest of us to enjoy a lackluster experience. When I asked him to quiet down and let us explore for ourselves, he called me a dick, and the admin slapped me around.

Overall it wasn't much fun, as somebody went around solving the entire map by himself, all the while relentlessly making sure no one forgot that he was a tester.
    Run. Think. Shoot. Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche
    I was playing it on a public server today when some guy joined the server claiming he had tested the map, and offered to tell everyone the secrets even though he wasn't supposed to tell. He showed us the minigun and gave out some akimbo uzis apparently.

While we were trying to figure some of the puzzles out, he'd just tell us exactly what to do or go do it for himself, leaving the rest of us to enjoy a lackluster experience. When I asked him to quiet down and let us explore for ourselves, he called me a dick, and the admin slapped me around.

Overall it wasn't much fun, as somebody went around solving the entire map by himself, all the while relentlessly making sure no one forgot that he was a tester.
    Im guessing with was Jazz Man? Ive talked to him im guessing he was being a bit of a pain, but i think you need to quit complaining so much about it, its not like you couldnt of vote kicked him :/

I apologize. It's impossible to show discontent for something, as constructive as can be or not, without "complaining," as that is literally the definition of the word. Take it as what you will.

I seriously doubt I could've gotten him votekicked, as with the current Sven Co-op playing community on a public server, even if someone was blocking a major doorway (and for some reason he could not be crowbarred out of the way), there would not be enough votes to kick him because hardly anyone is involved. I also assume that the admin would have booted me from the game had I started a vote to kick him. He was not a very pleasurable fellow.
    Run. Think. Shoot. Live.

I still fail to see what this has to do with the map :/

Ooh, look what I found! [Download URL Removed; map is included in Sven Co-op 4.0]
    Last edited by JPolito; 24-12-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Scientist Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by incy247
    I still fail to see what this has to do with the map :/
    Well you can't put all those ------- or put to many letters in the motd or certain letters. For some players, it won't effect them, but for others it will. With those --- and // in the motd, it overflows players or servers. Escape2 now works for me since I deleted the motd. You need to release a new version of this map series that has the motd fixed. Just put a few paragraphs and thats its. You need to get this fixed prontow, or your map may get a bad reputation. Or atleast put a warning telling players if their having problems to delete the motd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast