Thread: Failed to load engine.dll

1337 Sven-Coop Master

Failed to load engine.dll

I installed Sven-Coop to C:\Sierra\Half-life, updated it to the latest version, and started it up. When I try to setup an Internet or LAN game, an error comes up saying "Failed to load Engine DLL." Can someone help me?

Re: Failed to load engine.dll

You need to install Half-Life 1.1.1.0 patch aswell, click here. (Scroll a little down on that site) I atleast beleave that the 1.1.1.0 version is the last update for non-steam.
    You wont be able to start an internet game, since the Won server system is down.
    Download Steam, the new way Half-Life is played:
    www.steampowered.com
    It is nearly the only way to play online on Half-Life and your modifications.
    Hope that helped.
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

1337 Sven-Coop Master

OK thanks. I'll try it out and see if it still works.

Edit:
    I want to play with my little brother online without messing up the other computer in his room. A year ago, when steam was installed on that computer, the computer had a lot of problems(every minute it minimizes itself). Even though we have a firewall and AVG Anti-Virus, I don't want to mess up that computer again. It already worked on steam, but I got it to work without steam a long time ago.

When will the WON be available?

Edit2: It worked! I installed hl and version 1.1.1.0 and it worked. I can also use the electric crowbar and guilded uzi's. No problem now. Problem solved.
    Last edited by The_Thing>:D; 25-02-2006 at 08:59 AM.

If steam keeps minimizing itself the problem is that some other program becomes focused. For me the problem was with an older version of the soundcards control panel. Keep closing your programs and starting steam until you find out what causes the problem.

SC under steam runs a lot better and wont crash because of sounds. You will also be able to play on the internet with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Thing>:D
    When will the WON be available?

Edit2: It worked! I installed hl and version 1.1.1.0 and it worked. I can also use the electric crowbar and guilded uzi's. No problem now. Problem solved.
    Won has been permanently shutdown, which means that it most likely will not be coming back.
    Donation features are free on Lan games, atleast on non-steam. Nice to hear that it is working now.
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

Come to me my little friend, look at the fire... SSCP's Avatar

ide just wipe the thing and reinstall most of the stuff on it...

NOTE: itd get rid of evry file on the computer so if you want to go ahead with it... be my guest but if ya want to keep any thing ide save the files on some floppys or cd's you can use...
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Random User
    If I had an attitude towards you, there would be a lot of fucks and fucking towards you.
    I have no idea what to say to this other then the following: LOL

New Jersey, where crime and corruption roam free.

Reformatting your hard drive isn't the best way to fix this problem.

60_Megabyte_File
    Sven Co-op Message Board Moderator