Thread: I need help

Lightbulb I need help

I joined a server some time ago and it said that there is a sfx_t error fix.Problem is,on what thread is it?

Cisco Network Engineer Prototstar's Avatar

Re: I need help

There had been a thread about these not long ago, it's on this category, first page.

Donated 15NS$ for Sven's Holiday at the Bahamas Puchi's Avatar  
    Artist

how long is "some time ago"?
    because that error doesnt occur anymore since steam.
    Do it with passion, or not at all.
    Do not say everything you know. Know everything you say.
    [ MarySP ][ nacl-h2o ][ The next SC Version ♥♥♥♥ing pwns! ][Puchis Maps ]

ohhh thanks and Punchi,I don't use the steam version

Anything else than Steam can't and won't run half-life, half-life 2 and all its mods/games properly. If you use WON or WON2 you aren't going to be able to play properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Solokiller
    Anything else than Steam can't and won't run half-life, half-life 2 and all its mods/games properly. If you use WON or WON2 you aren't going to be able to play properly.
    In case you have not noticed, Half-Life was released, developed as well as originally "located" on the version 1.1.1.0 and previous, often called "WON". If anywhere, Steam would be where Half-Life would not run "properly".

Heck, even Sven Co-op was originally located at this "WON" version.
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

Ever heard of out of sfx_t?

Out of sfx_t is/was typical for the won version of svencoop 3.0 on internet mode. In LAN I never experienced that error but now there's also a fix for won2.

Quote Originally Posted by Solokiller
    Ever heard of out of sfx_t?
    Yes, and I was suffering a great deal of it deep in the past. I even used the error as my nick name for a great period. ;9

Having this error occur does not mean that Half-Life is not working properly.
    If you would believe so, it would mean that Half-Life never worked properly until Steam came out. The error least occurs because of the version of Half-Life. On some computers it occured a great deal more, while other computers had it rather not so often. Some computers even did not experience it at all.

When Half-Life was melted into Steam, this error was "fixed" by increasing a sound based limit from 512 to 1024 or somewhat near that. It still occurs for some, while never occuring, not at "Won", neither at Steam for other.
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

well,I have a new problem ! (yes you probably already hate me!) I just opened the internet menu when I see no server,I press update and after it was completed it still didn't appeared any server.

Cisco Network Engineer Prototstar's Avatar

On Steam or WON?

Won,I have the steam version too but I can't join any multiplayer game so I use the steam version only when testing maps without having to worry about sfx_t.

Quote Originally Posted by tudosiealex
    I have the steam version too but I can't join any multiplayer game so I use the steam version only when testing maps without having to worry about sfx_t.
    Steam blocked by firewall? If you are using peerguardian it'll block some steam content servers. If you are using a NAT you have to open the ports for steam client. http://www.portforward.com/

well not really,I just click join server but nothing gappens so I can only make servers that nobody joins.

hi

i dont want to open up a new thread, and this 1 seems 2 be 4 nearly everything ^^
    just installed sc 3.0 final, edited my options, everything ok....
    i wanted to join a server, the loading screen appears, ok
    then i am already hearing ingame sounds, but the loading screen does not disappear
    so i press escape, get back to main menu and can see me staying in the servers map, like everythings ok
    when i hit "return to game", the loading screen starts blinking heavily and thats all...anybody know which problem i am talkin about?
    would be verx nice if someone could help ^^

thx

Quote Originally Posted by scplayer
    hi

i dont want to open up a new thread, and this 1 seems 2 be 4 nearly everything ^^
    just installed sc 3.0 final, edited my options, everything ok....
    i wanted to join a server, the loading screen appears, ok
    then i am already hearing ingame sounds, but the loading screen does not disappear
    so i press escape, get back to main menu and can see me staying in the servers map, like everythings ok
    when i hit "return to game", the loading screen starts blinking heavily and thats all...anybody know which problem i am talkin about?
    would be verx nice if someone could help ^^

thx
    You really should've made a new thread. Have you played any other mods on steam? Could be that your video settings aren't right. Change to opengl and pick a resolution that your screen supports. Also try alt-tabbing out of the game back to your desktop and going back to the game.

its already done, but thx anyway

also had that problem with 2 or 3 other mods, but it works now
    no it wasnt my video settings, its everything nice (got very very nice graphics accelerator)

so anyway thx and peace

I think there was a solution posted by Sven Viking somewhere, let me search.
    EDIT: i didn't find it, but i think it was like this:
    Open the menu with ESCape, click resume game. I don't know if it was exactly like this though.
    Last edited by Solokiller; 26-08-2006 at 08:01 AM.