Thread: Howto Fix SvenCoop30 HLSP maps:(Play The Half-Life storyline co-op)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Linux development & test edman747's Avatar  
    Programmer

Lightbulb Howto Fix SvenCoop30 HLSP maps:(Play The Half-Life storyline co-op)

Tools:
    (a)ezpatch. (b)enabler. (c)hdpatch.

Options:
    You installed the SvenCoop30_hlsp_update.
    (a)download ezpatch.

You did not install the update.
    (b)download enabler.

You installed SvenCoop30full with HLSP support. You have a pak0.pak
    (c)download hdpatch.

If you don't know what you did and nothing works.
    use the enabler. (uberfix)

http://uberfix.zoomshare.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ezpatch: small less than 50kb (differences. badmaps from the update --> goodmaps)
    hlsp_enabler: approximately 1mb (extracts maps from half-life.gcf, updates ents, cfgs)
    hdpatch: small less than 40kb (differences. badmaps from pak0 install --> goodmaps)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's come to my attention that some people did not understand previous post related to HLSP support fixes. Thus the simple version.
    The process of developing this fix, like software development, is both iterative and incremental. It was previously documented in a series of related post.

Edit: newest, best'est, fastest. whatever, it is the best I could do. Work in progress. Just for fun, try this one! http://edman747.hlrse.net/svencoop/maps/svn-hlsp17d.rar
    Sry, error in svn-hlsp1.7d One map is missing you can get it here: http://edman747.hlrse.net/svencoop/maps/c2a4a.bsp
    Last edited by edman747; 06-06-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: update link

lickmytaint

Re: Howto Fix SvenCoop30 HLSP maps:(Play The Half-Life storyline co-op)

You are my hero.

Good attempt I might say, with the singleplayer maps, but now with a listenserver the minigun crashes map when you shoot crates or breakables and a few of the maps have the sniper error when you kill the sniper the map crashes to desktop.
    Last edited by Stoked; 25-09-2006 at 06:23 AM.
    heal to be healed....

kill or be Killed!

Programmer

Smile Re: Howto Fix SvenCoop30 HLSP maps:(Play The Half-Life storyline co-op)

Re: listenserver minigun crashes shooting crates and sniper error

I'm happy to look into this..
    Can you tell me what maps you are having trouble with?
    Did you use ezpatch, hlsp_enabler or hdpatch?
    Did you download from? http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showt...263#post382263

Have you tried sixcentgeorge's redone maps?
    Do you have the same problem with them?

Please feel free to contact me via pm or email if you have questions.
    Last edited by edman747; 10-08-2007 at 06:41 AM. Reason: update link

i think he talks of the map where you start from elevator and finish in the elevator to reach surface . it happened to me in this map as a client [ crash ] of a dedicated server [ no crash ] and in others too . i think it comes from minigun's sprites that put the number of entities too high .
    the problem with sniper only happened to me with complex.bsp because their guns do not fall on the floor of their tower ;]

@edman747 : post your feeling ;] , thanks to advice my work

Programmer

Have seen the sniper crash in map c2a2g only on a listening server and tested it several
    different ways. it has something to do with the rifle. as you know in sc3 players cannot pickup
    weapons from most dead enemies. dead and weapons fade.

there is no crash when using ripent or bspedit to change monster_male_assassin to
    monster_human_assassin (she has a pistol, jumps down and becomes very annoying.) in half life
    the sniper on this map was similar to a mounted gun. no player model and no rifle for players to
    pickup after the kill. no crash

use cl_noclip 1. then fly right up to him and use the crowbar. the second he dies I pick up the rifle,
    no crash. using impulse 203 instantly removes him and the rifle, no crash.

I can change it to be like half life. or change the monster_male_assassin to
    monster_human_assassin.
    sometimes ripent -import c2a2g (with no changes will fix the sniper crash?)
    Not sure what to do with this sniper crash. maybe someone else can help.

I really like what sixcentgeorge did. cool Idea. make sc3 play hl1 maps smoother. for a
    listening server each map needs a nextmap statement in the configuration file for that map. Or
    it will not change maps, when player reaches the trigger_changelevel. Am looking at Georges
    maps and adding a nextmap statement to the configuration file for each map.

Blast Pit. wow Barney is immune to tentacle. nice touch George. Barney makes a good distraction for the tentacle.

have an idea to make the lights in control room brighter like they were in half life. when I
    look at the entity information for c1a4ibsp I can see that the lights for power, oxygen, fuel
    are no longer linked to the global variables or switches like they were in half life. here are
    the before and after snapshots. You can see the lights are brighter. and one with just power on.

plus it helps with the problem of making this section work on listening server. it must be
    single threaded. each map goes only to one other map. using the nextmap statement in the config
    file so that map_a goes to map_b and map_b goes to map_c but map_a cannot go to map_c.

using the nextmap statement forces the maps to be a sequence a,b,c. in half life I could turn on
    the power and then turn on the oxy and fuel. or do the oxy and fuel first.
    this makes sense to me. power first, then fuel and oxygen. fire the rocket!

Also, looking at other mods like TOT and Azure Sheep.
    They change maps with no problem and do no require elaborate work arounds like nextmap.
    it looks like sc3 does not correctly set the value for map in a trigger_changelevel
    example from Azure Sheep, asmap02:
    {
    "model" "*82"
    "map" "asmap01"
    "landmark" "lmk00dto01"
    "changedelay" "0"
    "classname" "trigger_changelevel"
    }
    sample from sc3, hl_sp_portal:
    {
    "model" "*6"
    "map" "c1a0"
    "classname" "trigger_changelevel"
    }
    tried something really bizzare like putting hl_sp_portal.bsp in asheep\maps.
    yes the doors work in hl_sp_portal it will changelevel to c1a0. but player spawns at map origin 0,0,0

begs the question: is it possible that a small patch could fix this? maybe sc3.1, sc3.2a? whatever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i post some captures where you see that sniper is here and moving ;]
    the secondshould explain the crashs some have with him : he is on the border of map so his weapon can fall " out of map "
    the oxy and fuel can be skipable , i let it as it was . i think that barney takes a good place so he is not hurted by tentacles : it should come from the fact i optimised the ent file so monsters are really more intelligents and fasters ;]

the nextmap is not needed for me with any kind of servers , i wrote it in the config_file of maps with ## because many ones complain about this issue .
    with the original hlsp support i saw the problem with some finals xen maps if i were using d3d as renderer . it comes from the point in space of the changelevel that needed to be moved and so i did it . for me now it works under d3d and opengl
    may be the problem of nextmap comes from xp that uses too much memory . i mean that i stopped many services that are started by default install in the xp i use to play .
    nice idea to make azure sheep , what is TOT ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Programmer

still don't know what causes snipercrash.
    am working on a revision to include the bright lights. painful adding nextmap & nomaptrans
    want to know how you made barney into super barney?

am very interested in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixcentgeorge
    the nextmap is not needed for me with any kind of servers
    not sure I understand this:
    with the original hlsp support i saw the problem with some finals xen maps if i were using d3d as renderer . it comes from the point in space of the changelevel that needed to be moved and so i did it . for me now it works under d3d and opengl
    will you list exactly which services you stopped?
    may be the problem of nextmap comes from xp that uses too much memory . i mean that i stopped many services that are started by default install in the xp i use to play .
    TOT, times of troubles. small fun singleplayer mod.
    thanks,
    . What are you looking at?

Ive used 2 hours sitting and trying to get the HLSP maps to work... I LOVE DUDE

the second capture shows the snipper in the border of map , from this position may be the gun falls " out of map " , you can see the position with noclip , it is behind his spawn place .
    the barney : i did not do any change , as the ent is optimised : he is more " intelligent and faster " so he calculates and gets a nice place for his life .

for nextmap : you can see in config of map i writed ## behind .
    for your " work " , i also see it is possible to use 2 [ and may be more ] nomaptrans in the map.cfg

for the d3d nextmap trouble , if you want to see it , use bspviewer from nems [ gcfscape ] in those maps there is 2 changelevel box's : one is at normal position , the other is in space .
    in my ents i moved the bad placed to match the good one . i used origin on bad one to move it . map starting xen finishing in cavern and map with flying delta_wing_aliens .

services i stopped : regedit access from networks , spooler , dhcp , dns and some others .
    first try to stop a service then put it in manual start , do it for one and restart xp .if it bugs windows you will save you with previous workng config .

Programmer

Exclamation Re: Howto Fix SvenCoop30 HLSP maps:(Play The Half-Life storyline co-op)

i also see it is possible to use 2 [ and may be more ] nomaptrans in the map.cfg
    this is misleading.
    the system only works for the last nomaptrans in the map.cfg
    on a given set of maps (a,b,c,d) if I want to prevent players from going back to the previous map I would put nomaptrans map-a in the map-b.cfg file.

but if I put
    nomaptrans map-a
    nomaptrans map-d
    in the map-b.cfg file
    then the server will changelevel to map-a and will not changelevel to map-d

thanks,

Hello there,

I'm trying to fix the singler player maps for hours now, but it isn't working. I think I'm doing something wrong, therefore I'll write down what I have done.

- I installed Sven Co-Op 3.0 without Single Player support
    - After that I visited http://www.uberfix.zoomshare.com and downloaded the enabler
    - Then I extracted the contend somewhere and executed the SC3_HLSP_enabler.exe
    - The installer is asking me "Easy or Hard" , I chose Hard
    - Then I have to choose my folder - D:\Steam\SteamApps\<myaccount>\half-life\
    - The .bat says "please press a button bla" I pressed space and waited
    - After 10 seconds the .bat has finished everything ... but I have seen a lot of "could not bla ...??"

When I'm trying so select a level in hl_sp_portal nothing happens, as if there were no triggers.

My Question is, where is my mistake?
    Did I do something wrong?

Please help me :/

Programmer

Hello,
    If you see messages like: Couldn't open file ..\..\..\half-life.gcf: Failed to map GCF to memory
    You may have forgotten to exit steam before running the hlsp_enabler

The hl_sp_portal seems to only work on dedicated servers.
    If you click the desktop icon "Play Sven Co-op!" and click on "start new game", that is a listening server. I would start with map c1a0.

Also, for a game the half-life.gcf file is in the directory path where half-life is installed. the hlsp_enabler extracts the single player maps from the half-life.gcf
    to use the hlsp_enabler on a dedicated server. just put a copy of the half-life.gcf in the steamapps directory in the path to half-life. you can delete it after.
    dedicated server example D:\hlds\valve\steam\steamapps\user\half-life
    Last edited by edman747; 02-12-2006 at 09:21 PM. Reason: fix typo

Quote Originally Posted by edman747
    Hello,
    If you see messages like: Couldn't open file ..\..\..\half-life.gcf: Failed to map GCF to memory
    You may have forgotten to exit steam before running the hlsp_enabler

The hl_sp_portal seems to only work on dedicated servers.
    If you click the desktop icon "Play Sven Co-op!" and click on "start new game", that is a listening server. I would start with map c1a0.

Also, for a game the half-life.gcf file is in the directory path where half-life is installed. the hlsp_enabler extracts the single player maps from the half-life.gcf
    to use the hlsp_enabler on a dedicated server. just put a copy of the half-life.gcf in the steamapps directory in the path to half-life. you can delete it after.
    dedicated server example D:\hlds\valve\steam\steamapps\user\half-life

Thanks a lot, I really forgot to exit Steam The hlsp_enabler worked now.
    And I have to start the HLSP in Sven Coop per console?

like Start new Game -> <insert here a map> then open console --> changelevel c1a0 ?!?!

Manager

Can someone confirm that this fix works? If it does I'll sticky it.

Programmer

made a mini howto for the SC3_HLSP_enabler with screen shots of the installer steps.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-the-Half-...n-Sven-Co-Op-3

If this will help anyone.

Programmer

NOTE: general information.
    In the fix I included the map, c2a1b which was previously skipped in the official HLSP maps. Also added a couple of info_player_deathmatch spawnpoints, to reduce telefrag. They look like this:
    Code:
    {
    "origin" "-458 1430 -25"
    "angle" "347"
    "classname" "info_player_deathmatch"
    "targetname" "sventarget"
    }
    When testing this map with a bunch of bots, they kept spawning in my head. So I raised the Z axis of the spawn points to -25. But I have seen this can cause a problem on some servers where players will spawn with their heads stuck in the rafters or in steel beams. This maybe caused by limited resources on the server. I did see this problem once But I do not see it now on my dedicated server.
    It is an old (pIII, 1.ghz, 512mb). Used gameXP to turn off extra services under xp. Launch serverdoc with automap as a scheduled task at boot time.
    I don't have to login to start HLDS. This gives me a very smooth and fast five or six slot server. using serverdoc remote to start/stop different configurations for a two or six player game.
    This problem can easily be fixed if the server operator is willing to ripent that map and change the -25 to something like -55
    Have seen this at "LOL!" but not at "warnick's sp maps uberfixed"

Sorry I did not catch this before. Am willing to adjust this and release uberfix v1.2 with other minor updates if there is any interest.

www.game-addiction.net DataMatrix's Avatar

edman747, good work. I'm about to create a HLSP dedicated server along side my normal server.

Would you like hosting for your files and website (http://yourdomain.game-addiction.net)?
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2GHz (400MHz x 8)
    ASUS P5K Deluxe WiFi-AP
    4GB GeIL PC2-6400 Ultra Low Latency Dual Channel @ 800MHz 4-4-4-12
    BFG GeForce 8800GTS 640MB @ 621MHz Core, 1.8GHz Mem
    6 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB on HighPoint RocketRAID 2320 RAID 5
    Tagan TG700-U25 (700w)

Hi guys. Iam instal sc3.0 full and all patches from this site but i found one big bug.
    Changelevel is not next hlsp map but changlevel loaded from server maplist :-/
    Have anybody fixed version this map?

Dedomil , how can you consider you play sc3 ?
    606 hp ;[
    can you go higher ?

I have managed to install a FEW of hlsp maps. But some of then are just 0kb in size. Can anyone help me. Maybe making an installer like Sven did in 2.0. Please help me. Everytime i joined online play (map c5a1 or something) the game crashed. Please help
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

Exclamation Re: Howto Fix SvenCoop30 HLSP maps:(Play The Half-Life storyline co-op)

working anyone nextmap from c2a1a to c2a1?
    iam instal HLSP fix 100000x but this bug is here always.
    Pleas post here fixed bsp file. Many time thanks

Programmer

Hello, I have looked at the c2a1a.ent file. It does not use a trigger_changelevel entity. But a game_end entity, which causes the intermission/score to be displayed then loads the next map in the mapcycle.txt

Unless there is a nextmap command in the c2a1a.cfg file. something like: nextmap c2a1 usually does the job.
    Also, have tested this on both a listening server and a standalone dedicated server:
    1. svencoop30full with HLSP support (a pak0 install)
    2. svencoop30_hlsp_update
    3. SC3_HLSP_enabler (both easy and hard mode)
    All of them have a c2a1a.cfg file with a nextmap command.

I am only able to duplicate the problem you describe by doing one of the following: remove the nextmap command from the map config file or delete the config file.

Is it possible you have renamed or deleted the map config file? If you have a c2a1a.cfg file. Then make sure there is a nextmap command in it.
    A workaround is to list c2a1 in the mapcycle.txt [start with a blank mapcycle.txt and only put c2a1 in it]
    What type of server are you having this problem on? If you are running a bunch of plugins. Try reducing the number of metamod? plugins?

Maybe I can update this map. replace the game_end entity with a trigger_changelevel. Using something like the dynamic changelevel described in http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34091 One that does not count dead monsters. And only triggers the map change after the respawn and power on.
    Last edited by edman747; 13-10-2007 at 08:18 PM. Reason: add link to dynamic changelevel

Programmer

It is easy to fix the display of score/intermission screen on map c2a1a. The simple fix: Use ripent. Edit the c2a1a.ent, search for game_end. Change it to trigger_changelevel. Add this on the next line: "map" "c2a1" It works! Fine, even with no nextmap command in the map config file. Although I like to leave the nextmap in the config, that way in a game people can type nextmap in the console and it will display the real nextmap in the HLSP series. Not the nextmap in the mapcycle.txt file.

Quote Originally Posted by edman747
    type nextmap in the console and it will display the real nextmap in the HLSP series. Not the nextmap in the mapcycle.txt file.
    not so sure : as nextmap order is changed by cfg and not by changelevel (if i remember well ; i stopped servers : waiting good dlls to turn them back on ;])
    Last edited by sixcentgeorge; 13-11-2007 at 03:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast