Thread: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 105
  1. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    What the F*** is up with these comments?? All this over a clever play on words? How the hell do you play on words?

    Back on topic, I'd be glad to help. I guess I should apply when you guys are done 3.5 since I'm useless with HL1 and I don't even think its on my computer atm. By the time your done I'll hopefully have the stuff I'm working on now for various source games done and polished to show you guys. BTW if your that short of staff why not team up with the other coop mods out there? I'm sure the good folks at Synergy, Obsidian Conflict etc would want to join forces with the creaters of such a well known mod.

  2. #27
    Retired BlueFeena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Considering that most of the people here, myself included, generally consider Obsidian Conflict a Sven-Coop ripoff, I highly doubt the sven team is going to join forces with them.

  3. #28
    Registered User Aurora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,470

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Overlord
    You're fast to judge World of War"crap". You have your opinion, but why state in in such a rude manner which we're assosiated to? Why not state the reasons why you hate World of War"crap"? I'm not too fond of it either, but I don't go around typing "It's crap!" on mesage boards.
    It's repetitive waste of time that some poor people get addicted to, putting their money into something useless, rather than things like education. WoW is trash. I have no tolerance for any other opinions. Disagreeing with my opinion of WoW is a mental loss. I will not argue about it either, because I don't think WoW-addicted people are worth discussing with. Therefore WoW's crappiness must be stated as a fact. Whether WoW-addicts have a problem with this or not, I don't care at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroFish View Post
    Hey guys remember when maps/games were made because the creator wanted to make them, and not because of what people wanted to play?

    That was great.

  4. #29
    Crazy Swede Lurid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    776

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Aaaaanyways, to get back on topic...

    What kind of texture artist are you looking for?

    Clicketh or be doomed!

  5. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vantaa
    Posts
    25

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    World of Warcrap sucks \o\

  6. #31
    Administrator JPolito's Avatar  
    Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,555

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Enough with the WoW discussion...

  7. #32
    Administrator Hezus's Avatar  
    Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    9,063

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Quote Originally Posted by arsis
    WoW is like being molested by your uncle. There's something off about him, but everyone regards him very highly, so you trust him, and then on a family camping trip out at Montauk Point he takes advantage of you. Years later, you accept and acknowledge what happened, but you still refuse to believe that he's scarred you, because that would put him in control, not you, and the last thing you want is a molester in control of your life -- but your denial doesn't make it the truth. You want to believe that deep down inside, WoW is a good person, and you see that WoW has very redeeming qualities, but you sit down to try and program WoW and all you can think of is that camel's hard, throbbing cock.
    Ok, that just made my day

    It's fun to see how everyone here has such a great oppinion about WoW as soon you put the name somewhere in your writings. I think I'll rewrite some Microsoft manuals and put in "World of Warcraft" or "WoW" somewhere, and watch the whole world freak out because they all suddenly have to share their oppinion even though it's a totally different topic.

    So, to solve ALL THE CONFUSION, here I post the corrected version of Snipers qoute :
    Sadly, the newer team members that join usually get hit by a bus, get a job, or get addicted to a PC game that no way has to be a popular MMORPG by Blizzard Entertainment(tm), so don't bitch about it.
    Now all go home.

  8. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Quote Originally Posted by G.Ballblue
    Considering that most of the people here, myself included, generally consider Obsidian Conflict a Sven-Coop ripoff, I highly doubt the sven team is going to join forces with them.
    I highly suspect the sven coop team is having a bit of internal trouble (well ok, more than a bit) and they need all the help they can get. And its not like coop for halflife is some insanely original idea, so multiple teams with similiar goals shouldnt be locked in some eternal feud but should join forces for the greater good... The greater good being of course allowing me to play a cooperative HL2 campaign (as well as the other thosands of people who would like this too).

  9. #34
    Donated 15NS$ for Sven's Holiday at the Bahamas Puchi's Avatar  
    Artist
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Akihabara, Bochum or Sailune
    Posts
    5,618

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    the only problem i have with obsidian conflict is this:
    http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/image/44824/
    http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/image/45479/
    uzi and akmbo uzi. and they look quite familiar.
    additionally they have a sniperrifle and medkit and look at the hud.
    dont tell me they have a hud with changeable colours, some screenshots are from before.
    however, medkit and sniperrifle isnt quite a "svencoop" idea so its fine for me.
    but still interesting
    Do it with passion, or not at all.
    Do not say everything you know. Know everything you say.
    [ MarySP ][ nacl-h2o ][ The next SC Version ♥♥♥♥ing pwns! ][Puchis Maps ]

  10. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Missouri, US
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Sadly, the newer team members that join usually get hit by a bus, get a job, or start playing World of Warcrap.
    Hahahahaahhahahahaha...how I hate that game (rather how I hate all games of that genre).

  11. #36
    Lazy writer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    301

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    I would love to help, but I just recently started learning about video game development. It seems that this mod is going down too.
    So I can't spell.
    Bite me.
    I have a gun for that case.

  12. #37
    Banned Solokiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,314

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Modeling is one of the harder parts of making a game/mod, especially because you need a modeling program that costs a lot of money( 3DS Max). If only you could model with the hammer editor.

  13. #38
    Retired BlueFeena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Solokiller
    Modeling is one of the harder parts of making a game/mod, especially because you need a modeling program that costs a lot of money( 3DS Max). If only you could model with the hammer editor.
    MS3D is 40 dollars, and that's a pretty versatile modeling program

  14. #39
    Donated 15NS$ for Sven's Holiday at the Bahamas Puchi's Avatar  
    Artist
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Akihabara, Bochum or Sailune
    Posts
    5,618

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    i dont know what you saw, but 3ds costs 3500 bucks....
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=5573082
    or arent you talking about 3ds? :x
    Do it with passion, or not at all.
    Do not say everything you know. Know everything you say.
    [ MarySP ][ nacl-h2o ][ The next SC Version ♥♥♥♥ing pwns! ][Puchis Maps ]

  15. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    160

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi
    i dont know what you saw, but 3ds costs 3500 bucks....
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=5573082
    or arent you talking about 3ds? :x
    MS3D=Milkshape.

    So, no, not 3DS

  16. #41
    Donated 15NS$ for Sven's Holiday at the Bahamas Puchi's Avatar  
    Artist
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Akihabara, Bochum or Sailune
    Posts
    5,618

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    okay then
    however, its said earlier in this thread i think, at least somewhere else, the sven def team doesnt use milkshape - all files seem to be in 3ds format.
    Do it with passion, or not at all.
    Do not say everything you know. Know everything you say.
    [ MarySP ][ nacl-h2o ][ The next SC Version ♥♥♥♥ing pwns! ][Puchis Maps ]

  17. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    One version of Maya is like 1200 dollars or so.

  18. #43
    Registered User cSMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Frozen Wastes of Canadia
    Posts
    1,548

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Damn that world of warcrap. Seriously, that game is like a drug.

  19. #44
    `,> SilentSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    LA, California
    Posts
    1,541

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    I call it World of Warcrap because it has ruined many people's lives. It's a very addicting game, and the addiction reaches a rancid level in many people.

    My professor at school got hooked into it too. He had to get off of the game because it was taking so much time away from his normal life.
    It's addicting because it's fun, if Sven Co-op was that addicting i'm sure you'd have no problem recruiting new developers.


    Yeah, I went there.


  20. #45
    Banned sixcentgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    351

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    as they are working on it untill 4 years , sure svencoop 3.5 is addicting ;]
    in my opinion i do not understand the way the dev_team manages svencoop . if you watch the professionnals like id_software with quake engine that made hl by valve or doom3 that made quak4 by raven , you see that engine and maps are not done by same team ;] .
    at least i find it really true for svencoop [see the big map pack of svencentral ], why you do not send pm to those who created nice maps : opr1a , tox-surface , osp386 , sc_tetris , hlplanet , ....

  21. #46
    Administrator Sniper's Avatar  
    Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    7,120

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Being in an office isn't the same as trying to manage people over the internet.

    We don't need more level designers, the community is quite good at producing maps. We need additional 3d artists to work on models.

  22. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    Give a year or so, then i'll have some l33t 3d artist skills.

  23. #48
    Administrator JPolito's Avatar  
    Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,555

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    They don't want to wait another year.

  24. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    its probably going to be another year

  25. #50
    Administrator JPolito's Avatar  
    Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,555

    Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

    for 3.5? No.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •