Thread: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    a.k.a Sgt_Waffles

Re: Still looking for additional team members. Yadda yadda.

Sven-coop's got all those MMORPGs beat in the social gaming sector at least. We tried guild wars lately and we're already kinda sick of it. Main reason is that we played it for a month and now have max level characters and best weapons in the game, so we kinda lost interest in seeing the end. The best thing about SC is that you can sit down for a 30 minute quickie before going out somewhere too. We don't play Guild Wars much now because we know we can't accomplish anything at all without 2 hours of running and 2 hours of slaying beasts that don't even give us anything anymore.

Plus, no other cooperative game in existence let's you be nearly as creative with total negligence to your own teammates when someone deserves it.

And if you can get as addicted to SC as you can to WoW, you need some friggin ritalin.

Quote Originally Posted by K7a
    Sven-coop's got all those MMORPGs beat in the social gaming sector at least. We tried guild wars lately and we're already kinda sick of it. Main reason is that we played it for a month and now have max level characters and best weapons in the game, so we kinda lost interest in seeing the end. The best thing about SC is that you can sit down for a 30 minute quickie before going out somewhere too. We don't play Guild Wars much now because we know we can't accomplish anything at all without 2 hours of running and 2 hours of slaying beasts that don't even give us anything anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7a

Plus, no other cooperative game in existence let's you be nearly as creative with total negligence to your own teammates when someone deserves it.

And if you can get as addicted to SC as you can to WoW, you need some friggin ritalin.

WTF? Has nothing to do with the topic of this post!

Sven Co-op animator, beta tester, halfway decent modeler WAR_Nuker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sph!nx
    There are. I know there are many decent moddellers out there.
    I think I can produce better models than I have previously done so far
    and I know that does not only count for me. I know there are some great
    MS wizards out there who would like to help them out.

It's just the "proffesional software" part of the request.....
    I meant on the team. JP says there are currently no active professional modelers on the team.

...and I don't know why the hell professional software is a must in times like these. You really have to take what you can get. However your models Sph!nx are really great looking...and those came out of MS3D if im not mistaken. So when it comes down to it...what difference does it make what software you use? It all comes out as .mdl.

"The ends justify the means"

Manager

Why is it a must?

Because we don't want or need a bunch of no-skill hacks on the team. Okie?

hey whatever man...have fun.

Manager

Don't take it as an insult, I'm just stating the facts.

We can not have clueless people on the team.

hey its all good....but in the last post we were talking about professional software not professional modelers.

me and a few others were jsut curious of why using professional software was a prerequisite when milkshape is a damn fine prog to use. i myself prefer 3ds max...but ive seen the kind of work that comes out of using MS3D and theres a lot of good stuff out there.

i guess im just asking you to cut some slack and open your range a little...cause finding a pro modeler to model for a game this old for free is going to be pretty hard to come by.
    Last edited by WAR_Nuker; 30-09-2006 at 01:10 AM.

Pro modellers are needed because sven-coop 2 is a professional mod. Not a mod for newbies to test their skills in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubemario
    Pro modellers are needed because sven-coop 2 is a professional mod. Not a mod for newbies to test their skills in.
    You have no cleu to what you are talking about.

I can deffenetly see Snipers point of view taking his experiences in the past with modellers... but I have to agree with War_Nuker here.

This is no self promotion or something but you and I know there are many good MS modellers out here. I think you might wanna focus a little more
    on dedication to the mod than "proffesional" experience. just mho.

I guess sven coop won't be coming out too soon will it? BUT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG!!!
    http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23333
    Do not break these rules again or you will be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubemario
    well my argument has been geared towards 3.5 getting released...im not even really thinking about SC2 at the moment. one step at a time i say.

hmmm...if we were talking about both mods this whole time i can see where you guys are coming from. for 3.5 you can make something in milkshape and have it pass off as really good....but for SC2 milkshape probably wouldnt be a very good tool.

but yeah i was arguing about getting 3.5 released. for SC2 you would definitely need professional software and modelers (but then again i havent seen a HL2 model built from milkshape).
    Last edited by WAR_Nuker; 30-09-2006 at 01:14 PM.

a.k.a Sgt_Waffles

First off, sorry about my previous post, I was delirious from fever and just sorta decided to yap about nothing.

My question is this:
    Have any of the guys who've made the massive sets of models, sounds, and whatnot for the more complex sven coop maps out there been contacted to see if they're up for creating content for SC? There's 2648 files in my models directory alone under Svencoop, and I bet not all of those guys have lost interest in making new things. Alot of them should be discoverable by their readme files. Just a thought.

I wish I could help, but my skill is in mapping, and mappers are everywhere. Of course, new maps have been sparse the last 6 months so i've decided to start doing work again. We'll see how that goes.

Well, most of those models are made by many diffirent people and most of them are not really of that high of quality.

There are also some very impressive models out there
    but I bet most of them are also made with non proffesional software.

strange topic : it is not possible to post files ;[
    it would be cool for a quick view and a feedback .
    it is hard to apply to a job when you do unknow it ;]

Insain psycho run! Cyborg_boba_Fett's Avatar

I think to finish off 3.5 you should hold modeling contests.
    Then you can focus on sven 2

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg_boba_Fett
    I think to finish off 3.5 you should hold modeling contests.
    I was considering something like that, too... just difficult to find the time to arrange it right now :/.
    Sven Viking

Insain psycho run! Cyborg_boba_Fett's Avatar

Well, what needs arranging? just post a topic with everything that needs to be modeled+animated, then have a point based system, then once everyone posted something of one of the models then the dev team decides what one is best and the winner of that one gets a point. then after all, or most of the models are done then you tally up the points, and the one with the most points wins. that way people can get points on things that they think they can do better than others.

But thats just something that i came up with in this last minute.

Manager

Might manage that once I'm finished with filming in a few days' time (still lots to do after that, but less immediate)
    Sven Viking

Maybe it's getting old but since i never seen the kind of question in this forum, i wanna ask it or smth like that... I mean, still lots of SC fans are really waiting for this 3,5B to be realeased ASAP, ofcourse by saying ASAP i ment to say that it's like as soon as possible when every details is finished, but... since i think this waiting is becoming a true routin, cause if you take me i try to visit this forum every time i get near the PC that has an internet access to it, it is always these threads, then i read them then it takes up some time and then still lets say get bit disappointed. Now I know you can say something liek "We don't owe you nothing, so just stfu". I am truly aware of that. So therefor i DO NOT INSIST on getting exact or more information about your work because it's your matter but still why then to do it if not for the fans, huh ? ANyways, what i wanted is to suggest (dunno how dumb it may sound) lets say some sort of proggress bar, to be kind of entertaining to observe how much the SC3,5 is finished... )) but still, i am just suggesting it so no offense

Manager

A progress bar would be annoying to look at when it constantly increases and decreases randomly.

why randomly ? and how can something decrease when it's at the state of progress... i mean it may be stuck for a while at some level.... i imagine it like those gradually filling up bars when you order to build something in strategy games ))

Manager

Because the progress is never measureable. It may look like its going to be released soon and then they want to include something else that they forgot to put in. A few weeks ago it looked like it was going to be released soon, then they forgot that the models werent done. That would be a drop in progress.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by JPolito
    Because the progress is never measureable. It may look like its going to be released soon and then they want to include something else that they forgot to put in. A few weeks ago it looked like it was going to be released soon, then they forgot that the models werent done. That would be a drop in progress.
    How would one forget that the models weren't done?

The answer is that noone forgot the models weren't done.

Manager

I once forgot to put on pants and went for a ride on my bicycle.

The point is that the progress bar would be useless because no one would be willing to update it for every minor update and it would just give more fuel to the people who think that the developers have no lives and absolutely must finish svencoop for their personal pleasure.

Besides that, it would just add more stress to the developers.

PS noone is not a word.

The Masked Mapper ])rStrangelove's Avatar

I check these forums 2 times a year, can't believe you guys are still on 3.5 :P

Must've been a LOT project demons really.
    Last edited by ])rStrangelove; 09-10-2006 at 11:52 AM.
    Artist/MapDesign
    SWars Project for SvenCoop!

Click if ye dare!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast