Thread: Vacation? Oh?

Manager

Post Vacation? Oh?

Hi everyone. I'm still alive; I haven't gotten into any car accidents recently. I've only been in the emergency room about two times within the last four months.

You're probably wondering what's going on with the mod. Well, there's good news. A lot of features have been finished, even though progress has been slow. I've been held up frequently by college and work, and I apologize for that. We're not trying to act like 3drealms.

Currently, we're in need of additional weapon model artists. In all likelihood, we'll be looking for even more team members once we continue working on Sven Co-op 2.

A few other co-op mods have started working on Half-Life 2, and you're welcome to try them out. Turtle Rock Studios has also begun work on some sort of retail zombie slaughtering co-op game with the source engine. I guess we jump-started the co-op gaming industry.

Just keep in mind, Sven Co-op 2 will play much differently than what is or what will be available. We have a lot of fresh-as-muffins ideas.

Half-Life 1 isn't dead yet, but we're not stupid either. As what was said before, we'll be sure to move to the Half-Life 2 engine when we're properly finished with the first.

We'll be showing off a small new feature for v3.5 Bronze soon.

Edit: It looks like the Sveney Sven Co-op Server is back online. Visit their new website at www.sveney.com

Re: Vacation? Oh?

Is it safe to say then that this will not be a 2006 release or are you planning on something good?
    Im refuse to ask the obvious but i'm sure many are still wondering

I am sure everyone will be looking forward to your next news post.
    ½

Great, it's nice to see another update . Seriously though, take your time on 3.5 because the longer it takes you guys to make it, the better it'll be. I would help you guys out, but I don't know how to make weapon models, only to map :P. Looking forward to the next mod update!

That's good and bad to hear. It's good to hear you're ok, but it's bad to hear you've been in the emergency room a few times already. I wonder what feature you're talking about.

thnx for the head up. we are a whole company here playing svencoop whenever we have a break in work

Thanks for the update. If I saw that "Bug Slaughtered" news one more tiem I thought I was going to scream. Either way, I hope you can keep yourself safe Sniper, and maybe a Q1 2007 release? Eh? Possible?

That said, don't rush the project at all. I would rather be playing 3.5 in 2008 than 3.crap in 2006.
    "Run! Go! GET TO THE CHOPPER!"
    ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger, Preadator

Horray, an update! Go, Sniper! Go!
    It is good to hear that progress is being made, even though it is not so fast.

Post the next one in Norwegian, as the language of vikings was the Norwegian language.
    Hawt?
    Somewhat unsure about which country the actual comic came from, though.
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

Yay thanks sniper for posting about sveney. Thats right we are backzors.!
    --- www.Podcast17.com ---
    Podcast 17 is a weekly audio show in which William and a selection of co-hosts discuss mods and news from the Valve/Half-Life sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by ^DiZnEy^
    Horray, an update! Go, Sniper! Go!
    It is good to hear that progress is being made, even though it is not so fast.

Post the next one in Norwegian, as the language of vikings was the Norwegian language.
    Hawt?
    Somewhat unsure about which country the actual comic came from, though.
    That's Hagar the Horrible. I get it in my newspaper here in the U.S.
    "Run! Go! GET TO THE CHOPPER!"
    ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger, Preadator

Let Vengeance Be Mine! CozmicShredder's Avatar

And I thought I was just be ignored for nothing!

Well this is great news so I can go ahead and get the bonfires ready?

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help other then sitting here waiting every four months for a news post!

How many more features does bronze need? I'd understand if you were working towards a gold only release, but surely there's more than enough features already for bronze.

Manager

I don't think Sniper is currently adding any features to bronze. It's mostly bug fixing and finishing models.

Well, it's good to hear everything is coming along good.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosFire90
    That's Hagar the Horrible. I get it in my newspaper
    The funnies are the only thing the newspaper is good for.