Thread: notes 4 uberfixII

Linux development & test edman747's Avatar  
    Programmer

notes 4 uberfixII

Have started looking over the uberfixed HLSP maps want to fix little quirks and just plain annoying stuff. Not sure if I can make it more like half-life exactly, some parts are just too slow or clunky for a multi-player game, ie. gorden's capture or on a rail with no cart and an electrified rail. plus, am not sure how to make players spawn in a vent like the way half-life does. Or how to force a non working elevator to appear on some maps. where in half-life gorden had to ride the elevator to that map.
    ===
    c1a0 - remove odd spawnpoint in another part of the map near a barney.

c1a2 - office complex - in hard mode there is a gonome that runs out into the hall through a red metal door, then no one wants to climb into the vents. but the first player goes through the door then the door is broken and cannot be opened. I have a fix for the gonome door. the gonome does not spawn until after a player goes into the vents. also setting the spawnflags on the door and it's wire mesh window are 8 and 0. now the door does not get broken. it stays open. add a secret.

c1a2a - maint access disconnect mini-turret power off. it's to easy with four players when someone turns off the turret.

c1a2b - trigger_auto render on after a few seconds - now the barney's are visible. trigger_auto doorgetter after six seconds. so the door to the upper part is open! trigger_auto the extra zombie in the second area. there is no item_longjump in the hole in the wall. so no fool will try to climb the ladders in the elevator shaft. no changelevel in the vents.

c1a2e - same triggers as above. the door to the weapons stash is already open. but none of this matters there is a item_longjump in the hole in the wall. and in less than a minute some player will be at the top of the elevator shaft. to trigger changelevel --> c1a3 no changelevel in the vents.

c1a3 - no changelevel in the vents. add a secret.

c1a3a - would like to enable a fast run on the server. if I can remember what the settings are. will make the long halls a little more fun. disable lift button at the begining. stupid rcbots keep jumping in the shaft.

c1a4 - would like to reduce or eliminate damage to team caused by the tram. but it is fun to run over the hounds, bullsquids, gonomes. reduced fall damage. so ya don't have to wait for the lift after respawn.

c1a4b - remove lower level spawnpoint. some player always triggers the changelevel within seconds of the map loading.

c1a4i - no lower level spawnpoint. same as above.

c1a4f - fix second spawn area. reduce telefrag. would like to increase volume on the call button for the cart. some players don't send the cart back and you have to jump in the little loop to call the cart. you cannot jump back out and the cart runs over you.

c1a4z - nifty-z-fix the door at the spawn. so no goob will be able to use it for teamkills.

c2a1b - eliminate rafter head. oops, my bad.

c2a2b1 - remove the changelevel at the begining. someone always runs the wrong way triggering a map change within seconds of the map loading. remove changelevel on the second level.

c2a2d - move spawnpoint where you will not be stuck in the red rail.

c2a2e - fast run will make this more fun.

c2a2g - snipercrash patch
    c2a5 - found the invisible grunt "weapons" "16". after downing the apache he would be killing everyone on the dam. move his origin a little to -1540 -668 34. now he can be killed.

c2a5b - would like to link the trigger_changelevel to killing the two hwgrunts not the door.

c2a5f - hard mode four gonomes spawn outside. not 3 and a grunt. oops, my bad.
    c0a0e - Played around with adding a Barney to open the train door and the airlock. add a few deathmatch spawn points. I have to put "map c0a0e" in console or there is no train.

c1a3e - adding this map back to the sequence of maps helps with the game flow. add a few deathmatch spawn points.
    It really is a do nothing map, spawn in a vent, climb down ladder, crawl in vent, climb up ladder, crawl in vent, see scientist, push silo access button to open silo door, run through silo door. It is the last map before the blast pit. Could add some monsters. Lurking around inside the silo.

maybe some other stuff. any ideas?
    Last edited by edman747; 10-10-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: weapons 16 invisible grunt
    . What are you looking at?

Programmer

Re: notes 4 uberfixII

Found a fix for the bizarre door in the first part of lamda core, where you take the lift with the truck on it. The strange door that sometimes blocks the path.
    There are lots of assassin in the big room. If they bump the big door it slides over and seals off the passage way. You can't get past it.
    Forcing you to changelevel or reload the map.

c3a2e - change model *40 and *41 add spawnflags 512 monsters can't then npcs can bump it all day, nothing happens.

c2a5g - Has a scripted_sequence with a gargantua breaking 3 cars. With a trigger_once in the passage way where freemen enters the parking garage. Sometimes garg is stuck. May change this to a trigger_auto after three seconds, then garg will not get stuck.

If any of the dev team are interested in looking at or testing these maps, feel free to pm me.
    Anyone who is aware of problems or exploits with the fixed maps, please pm me.

Well I'm a little disappointed at the lack of interest.
    Maybe no one ever plays the HLSP maps. I'll just use them on my server.
    Last edited by edman747; 20-04-2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: add spawnflags 512

Manager

Sounds good! Didn't realize many of those problems still existed in the latest SP patch.
    Sven Viking

I had noticed quite a lot of these bugs after how long I had hosted my "Half-Life Mission Server" in the past. Looking good!
    Also known as "Sahkolihaa"...

Programmer

Thanks, for your reply. Wonder what it would take to include some of these fixes in the official version of the "latest SP patch"?

Here is another one that I have seen.
    c2a5f - Where a grunt opens the hatch and throws a satchel charge in the pipe with you. Sometimes the hatch will get broken and never open again. The hatch is model *75 targetname flame_boiler_door. Not really sure what causes this. So I plan to add an 8 to the spawnflags. This will make the hatch passable even if it won't open. And it will not have a bad effect on game play.

hmm,

Great that someone is still invlolved with fixing the last bugs and errors!

Quote Originally Posted by edman747
    Well I'm a little disappointed at the lack of interest.
    Maybe no one ever plays the HLSP maps. I'll just use them on my server.
    Well, the real power of SC are the custom maps so don't be too disappointed. There will always be people who want to play the SP maps.