Thread: danger_of_collapse (part 1 of 5)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Contributor

Re: danger_of_collapse (part 1 of 5)

They yell for more detail and then cry because their
    10 year old PCs cannot handle that just find that funny.

Also, words like bullshit do not explain much and you should not post here
    anyways if you are going to use tokens that everyone has to look up at dict.cc.

Also, why the hell do you link to some old Map that has nothing to do with this one?
    And I called them "Members of an unknown organisation" not "Members of the unknown GORVERMENT agency".

OMG I LAG!!11

It is my post #300 so I do not care! Hahahaa^^^kwkwkwkekekekelololoool...

asdf
    Last edited by St00pid; 19-10-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Tester

Well...I didnt lag in that map anywhere. And I even have Super Definition models for everything. So with the normal models there shouldn't be a problem when you can run rainbow six vegas.

However,
    did you mean bullshit because the turret has limited ammo?

Well I say it is something new and the turret is strong enough. Grenades for mp5 are also in that area.
    Born to Fight,
    Trained to Kill,
    Taught to Survive,
    and told to take no Prisoners.
    Visit http://www.youtube.com/NostalgicGames

Contributor

Maybe post your PCs specs. Since I have a 4.8 GHz CPU I lost my feeling for r_speeds and such.

It's nothing great, but I can handle ANY other Sven map out there.

3 ghz with HT (need a fucking dual core soon)
    1.5 gb ram
    350 gb hd
    ati x1950 pro

I can pretty much run any game out there pretty well, so don't give me some "ten year old" shit. Regardless of the fact that my PC is not exactly a benchmark winner, it doesn't negate how the turret area is very, very retarded.

I don't even know why I'm posting here, probably because it was so fucking atrocious. I don't think I'll reply anymore, because I left my "constructive criticism" and I feel it's enough.

Cheers!

Manager

R_speeds do not apply to computer specs. It is the engine, not the computer running it. That being said, if there is lag being caused by high r_speeds, everyone playing the map will experience it at the same place regardless of how freaking awesome their computer is.

Because he actually has a good computer, I would assume that the lag was either caused by a poor connection / loss of packets (for example, this happens if you are downloading torrents while attempting to play on a server), or it was caused by high r_speeds in certain areas of the map.

Contributor

Well the world polys, those that are not from ents, do never go above 3000. and the ent polies
    go kinda high. So the problem is that your pcs cannot handle that much or are badly configured.
    For me there was always 60 fps. (OpenGL Maximum - cannot get higher)

asdf

Contributor

This is weird since you cannot get any fps higher than 60 with OGL. 60 is a maximum set by it. Look for newest graphic card drivers.

Manager

High r_speeds for me usually still show 60fps when I have net_graph on, however it is actually fluctuating extremely fast. If you hit high r_speeds in a map, you will know. I already told you where I hit them.

As for you saying that our computers are badly configured, I can tell when it is the map causing the problems and I can say with absolute certainty that it was the map and not my computer. As I've already said, if a map has high r_speeds it doesn't matter how great your computer is. It will lag everyone in the same way.

asdf

Manager

Welcome to the wonderful town of Overreaction. Population: 1 - St00pid.

asdf

Manager

Yeah, don't bring that 'this is the internet' bullshit here. I don't care if you don't take this serious, but if you want to act like an idiot and try to piss people off for the only reason being 'THIS IS INTERNET' then you're doing it wrong.

If you don't like the map then why the fuck are you still posting here? Yes we get it, you think the map sucked. Go review a different map. You already got your point across. No need to continue attempting to cram it down the mapper's throat.

Oh, and congratulations on considering yourself an e-thug you massive nerd.
    Last edited by JPolito; 11-07-2007 at 04:49 PM.

asdf

Manager

Unfortunately the use of smileys doesn't get the point across that you aren't being an asshole.

Oh, and the last part of my post was 'SERIOUS BUSINESS'.

Rather than going on about how the map sucks, why don't you throw some simple goddamn logic into your post and make it something a little more than just an insult next time? Then instead of appearing as though you are flaming him, he might actually listen and try to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer
    This is weird since you cannot get any fps higher than 60 with OGL. 60 is a maximum set by it. Look for newest graphic card drivers.
    This is wrong. There was a time when 60Hz were the maximum fps you could get under win2k and XP systems indeed but this was solved long time ago.

NVidias Drivers offer an override tab to adjust the correct Hz values for your resolutions in OpenGL since (at least) Forceware 6x.xx.

There is also a tool called "ReForce" to do this job on any graphics card.

I am playing with 100 fps in OpenGL on my Geforce 4200 Ti (Forceware 66.72) since many years. I would get eye cancer if SC (and other games) would run with 60Hz only (on a CRT).

stOOpid=but that one area was complete and utter bullshit

If this is the best you can come up with for constructive criticism then I guess your name says it all!

Stoopid, please show some respect to the mapper. He did not made this map specially for you, understand that. Also it's not what you said, but how you said it.

Let's make this a showcase thread again, shall we?

Contributor

@ Sph!nx: Thanks, please!

@ JPolito: That is true, however, what you are saying is only applyable for the VIS, however,
    the VIS does not suck in this map. There is a big load of work in the map to prevent the VIS
    from causing lag. You just do not see this. Remove all func_walls. Many off the Cave Walls
    and ceils will be missing and you see null textures. (nothing) The proof is that it runs with
    60 fps on my machine all the time. You say the computer makes no difference then. I guess
    that either the epoly or the func_walls like the metal props for the grates (wpoly, but have nothing
    to do with VIS) are causing low fps. You must consider this map as graphically intensive, not
    as a newbies first map who has forgotten to enable VIS on compile.

@St00pid: Turn vertical sync on. It might be possible that your graphics card reacts better when
    it is enabled. I am not an hardware expert, but I have experienced that some options do not
    decrease the cards efficiency or even increase it although those make the graphics better. The
    reason probably is that the card is not constructed for specific things being disabled. Oh and who
    cares for 100000 fps if your monitor can have a maximum of 100 Hertz and the human eye cannot
    even recognize 50 fps (without drugs).

The area in question may be causing problems for some due to the high number of monsters visible at one time+player models+any high poly weapons(being used by players)+any func_objects=lower fps and lag. This may not occur on everyone's machine either. Player models can also cause problems. Can't please all the people all the time, or their computers, hehe.

Contributor

According to the time a map needs to become popular I just ignore
    this since until this map is well known everyone has an 8 Gigs PC. ^^

Level Designer at Streum On Studio Skacky's Avatar

I played the map this morning with Master-Poda.
    I like it, nice texture usage

Sme complaints tho :
    - In the shortcut at beginning, you could have provided more light sources, cause its very dark
    - I had a fps drop in the room with a lot of turrets.
    - The wind sound at beginning doesn't really fit with the ambience.

Otherwise I like it. Keep it up !
    Visit my website

Level Designer at Streum On Studio : http://eye.streumon-studio.com

Contributor

Yeah the wind sound is not good for that place but I was too lazy for making a custom sound just for that.
    I also tried to raise the pitch to 200 but that crashed my brothers game cauz he has a very unpopular sonud card
    with old drivers and little support.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123