Thread: Half life source and SVEN?????

Post Half life source and SVEN?????

Well i easly got SVEN installed on my labtop with original halflife, but........ me and a freind wante to play so bought a copy of hl 2 for my pc, but it came with Half-life source, i got hl1 installed on my pc but i can only use it with the account i use on my labtop, how can i get sven to work with half-life source, when i put it in the folder it says it could mess some stuff up.. if any one has resolved this problem before and could help me, it would be much appretiated, thx

Re: Half life source and SVEN?????

No no no no no! Sven Co-op does NOT work with Half - Life : Source. Half-Life Source uses the Source - Engine while the original Half - Life uses Goldsource.

Its quite the same question '' Can Sven Co-op 3.0 work on Half - Life 2 ? ''.
    In heaven all the interesting people are missing.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
    German philosopher

You have to instal sven on original Half-Life. If you want to play sven with your friend, you have to buy HL1 for him.

Champion of the Seventh Archive RothGelen's Avatar

Is there something stopping you from logging into your steam account with Half-Life activated from your main pc? If not, install the already activated half-life, which you should be able to do.

I think the better question is, Sven Coop 2 and Black Mesa: Source?

Quote Originally Posted by RothGelen
    I think the better question is, Sven Coop 2 and Black Mesa: Source?
    Well, when SC 2 comes out, maeby someone will be nice enough to port the maps from BM : Source to SC 2.
    In heaven all the interesting people are missing.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
    German philosopher

Half-Life runs on the Goldsource engine, and Half-Life2 runs on the Source engine. Both engines are entirely different and not the same. It's like trying to say that 571 = 168 (which is not true). Sven Co-op was written on the Goldsource engine, not Source engine. Half-Life: Source is a modification written on the Source engine.

I like Goldsource mods more than Source. It reminds me old times of hours playin' on durga, gmantowers, toonrun* etc...
    Was I really that much moron once?

Post Re: Half life source and SVEN?????

U'mmm Guys i think i mighta lost you, lol Half life - Source is not Half life 2 source
    i was afraid it might run on a source engine but it's not HL2 is number 1 i thinks just some backrounds and models are re-done........ it's for my pc, not my freinds(Just him to use)
    also i had hl1 but sold it cuz the HL2 i bought is holiday 2006 Collection and it comes with

Halflife 1 Source
    Half life 2
    half life 2 - Episode 1
    Counterstrike - Source

Thanks for responding so quick guys i mightaswell buy another HL 1

......also is there a way to deavtivate a game from steam my freind i sold preiviosly hl 1 to doesnt use it he just usses CS source thats what the steam acc i sold him came with hl1 and css source
    once again thx again

Truly yours - The Real NPH - AKA - Ill Bill Murray

Also i agree Some source mods JUST SUCK sometimes. u guys gotta get synergy outta the mix and take over with SVEN 2 not that synergy sux SVEN is just better.
    Synergy is hl 2 coop like sven but not!
    Last edited by NPH; 14-08-2007 at 02:53 PM.

i think i mighta lost you, lol Half life - Source is not Half life 2 source
    Game-wise (because they are two different games):
    (Half-Life: Source) != (Half-Life2)

Engine-wise (because they both run on the same engine):
    (Half-Life: Source) = (Half-Life2)

Engines (because they are two different engines):
    (Goldsource) != (Source)

Halflife 1 Source
    Half life 2
    half life 2 - Episode 1
    Counterstrike - Source
    Bad news: you don't have Half-Life according to that list.

......also is there a way to deavtivate a game from steam my freind i sold preiviosly hl 1 to doesnt use it he just usses CS source thats what the steam acc i sold him came with hl1 and css source
    Nope. If he has already registered the CD Key of that copy of Half-Life then you are fresh out of luck.

Synergy is hl 2 coop like sven but not!
    Synergy has its own style and so does Sven Co-op. Sven Co-op is more blue and chrome themed, with clean and (over-)adequately tested before release. It's a product of a professional team. Synergy is obviously not as cutely cuddling as Sven Co-op is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty
    Game-wise
    Synergy has its own style and so does Sven Co-op. Sven Co-op is more blue and chrome themed, with clean and (over-)adequately tested before release. It's a product of a professional team. Synergy is obviously not as cutely cuddling as Sven Co-op is.
    Ahhhh Biased remarks!!!!!

Lets face it Synergy is trying to fill the huge hole where SvenCoop 2 was suppose to go and its doing a piss poor Job.

Your right though Sven Has its own feel and flow

Most of us Coopers out there have been spoiled on Sven and expect Sven quality from non sven mods.......

Then we get pissed and bitch when its nothing like what we are use too........

SC is the standard for Coop game play.

Blame the SC Dev team for spoiling us with quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt .T.
    Well, when SC 2 comes out, maybe someone will be nice enough to port the maps from BM : Source to SC 2.
    Actually BM: S team are making their own coop version of the game, so it would be useless I think to convert it to SC2, if not illegal. And I expect that what they do is a nice working, almost no bugs and no maps missing coop version.

Any version of Sven Co-Op at the moment will NOT work on Half-Life: Source, or any game that runs off the Half-Life 2 engine (HL: Source). But if you want to get a mod for HL2 thats similar to Sven, try Obsidian Conflict. If I'm not clear yet, tell me so I can hit myself over the head with a brick.