Thread: Certain maps

Certain maps

Some of the maps i play dont open. It either says cant open "mapname".wad or your map differs from the servers. Even though i just downloaded it from there.

Re: Certain maps

Well, I figure that not all files got downloaded correctly. Like the .wad file.

Quote Originally Posted by x.Kill.Em.All.x
    your map differs from the servers. Even though i just downloaded it from there.
    Sounds like the server admin has updated the file on the game server and not the content server, or the other way around.

So what i should do is delete the whole map? then download it again

Try joining other servers that are running the same map. If you get the error, you might as well just re-download the map (no need for deleting).

It could be that the server admin used ripent, ripent doesn't really change the map but if you change to many things with it it causes the map to have new .wads or be different
    CS player:OMG!!!!! I DIED!!!!!
    Tired of the same old servers? Cmon down to cy's server/ {OF} Clan's server, check out the site HERE we have tons of good maps and if you want a map that you like in the server I WILL ADD IT

Quote Originally Posted by x.Kill.Em.All.x
    Some of the maps i play dont open. It either says cant open "mapname".wad or your map differs from the servers. Even though i just downloaded it from there.
    it is possible that you downloaded latest release of map and server has one of the previous version . some mappers here like jpolito "work" like that , they keep the same names for all files even then it is a new one . read the topic of black messa serial to understand ;]
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus108
    It could be that the server admin used ripent, ripent doesn't really change the map but if you change to many things with it it causes the map to have new .wads or be different
    ripent can not lead to had wads , it can add monsters or models so map needs that the res file to be updated .

Donated 15NS$ for Sven's Holiday at the Bahamas Puchi's Avatar  
    Artist

if all fails:
    Sven Co-op Central
    Do it with passion, or not at all.
    Do not say everything you know. Know everything you say.
    [ MarySP ][ nacl-h2o ][ The next SC Version ♥♥♥♥ing pwns! ][Puchis Maps ]

Manager

Typically the latest version of a map will be either on Sven Co-op Central or the forums.

Honestly, I don't know why we don't just put a link to both of them in the game menu. Then we wouldn't have such problems.

Also, cyrus, if a server is using a ripented map, the player does not get a 'map differs from server' error. Ripent makes such minor changes that they are able to be seen without downloading anything. And as far as I know, if you get a missing wad error it won't be because of ripent. As George said, ripent can really only change custom models in the map that you would have to download.