Thread: Mod_NumForName: sprites/voiceicon.spr missing

Mod_NumForName: sprites/voiceicon.spr missing

Yeah. I just downloaded svencoop 3.0 yesterday and now I'm getting this error. I also don't see voiceicon.spr in the sprites folder so it's missing.
    I could just copy a random sprite and rename it, and I intend to, but I'm wondering why it's missing in the first place?

Re: Mod_NumForName: sprites/voiceicon.spr missing

Quote Originally Posted by *L*E*O*N*
    Yeah. I just downloaded svencoop 3.0 yesterday and now I'm getting this error. I also don't see voiceicon.spr in the sprites folder so it's missing.
    I could just copy a random sprite and rename it, and I intend to, but I'm wondering why it's missing in the first place?
    I had that once myself.

Tried reinstalling Half-Life?

I believe I had this error after installing some sort of model pack. If you cannot find a sollution to it as of yet, a temporary sollution could maybe be to copy another sprite and just name it voiceicon.spr?
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

More fun problems have arised.

I noticed that neither svencoop nor rcbot or probably anything else that involves internet works. So far they have all crashed to the desktop with no error and I get the good old windows "Send Error Report" thing.
    I noticed microsoft diagnosed the error and it said Sierra (not Valve) no longer supports the product "Half-Life".

I might go back to my other crappy computer. Or maybe try Steam. I'm no fan of Steam with dial-up though.

More fun problems have arised.

I noticed that neither svencoop nor rcbot or probably anything else that involves internet works. So far they have all crashed to the desktop with no error and I get the good old windows "Send Error Report" thing.
    I noticed microsoft diagnosed the error and it said Sierra (not Valve) no longer supports the product "Half-Life".

I might go back to my other crappy computer. Or maybe try Steam. I'm no fan of Steam with dial-up though.
    Oh. The WON-compatible version it is. Did you still try to reinstall Half-Life? If so, did you update it to patch 1.1.1.0? Since Sven Co-op more or less needs the or one of the latest Half-Life patches installed in order to run.

(And if I remember correctly, the sprite error is actually what may come when this has not yet been properly done.)

Do try Steam if this keeps failing, though. I am no big fan of Steam myself, but it plays the game well. :3
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

This can cause many problems with ANYTHING you download. Never use a Download Manager called FlashGet. It corrupts downloads. It corrupted the Half Life full patch 1.1.1.0 (hl1110.exe) twice and svencoop30full.exe once. And on dial-up, that's about 3 days of life gone to waste.
    I redownloaded with Free download manager. The game works perfect so far.

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

This can cause many problems with ANYTHING you download. Never use a Download Manager called FlashGet. It corrupts downloads. It corrupted the Half Life full patch 1.1.1.0 (hl1110.exe) twice and svencoop30full.exe once. And on dial-up, that's about 3 days of life gone to waste.
    I redownloaded with Free download manager. The game works perfect so far.
    I had a hunch about a "reinstallation" being the thing. Good thing that it is fixed now, I believe that I or at least someone I helped earlier had the same issue.

Grab a better connection soon and come play with the rest of us!

Contributor

The installers should detect most corruptions when run, which is odd because they did not for yourself.