Thread: netchan_transmit unreliable overflow problem

netchan_transmit unreliable overflow problem

Me and a buddy are currently playing SvenCoop over LAN or Hamachi to be specific however every quite so often (Would give a rough guess to 5 or 3 minutes) my buddy gets disconnected from the server with a "netchan_transmit" unreliable overflow error, he reports that the game totally bugs up on his end an example is that the health and ammo counters hits zero and the character moves around randomly despite his inputs.

This problem is persistent for any map we play, regardless if it is low on enemies or we are in a spawning hell so to speak.
    Anybody else had a similar problem? It may be a SvenCoop bug as other mods works nicely except the occasional lag every now and then, I am bothered with controls input lag in other words, they tend to stick so prescision movements aren't really that precise anymore, I have often sailed off cliffs despite my inputs in the opposite direction.
    However, I doubt it is a SvenCoop bug however, as a google on the error message returned mostly Quake results which is understandable as the HL engine is a Quake developed engine...

Any clues on how to fix it?

Re: netchan_transmit unreliable overflow problem

I don't know much about server/client bugs but... How long has it been doing this, did this annoying error just start? Does it only affect LAN and not connected to other servers? Also does it affect any other mods on LAN?

Re: netchan_transmit unreliable overflow problem

It has been like this for some time, it just recently escalated and got worse.
    It seems to only affect SvenCoop with the overflow, however the keyboard lag I am experiencing and the lag my friend feels every now and then comes with the HL engine in general.
    Even single player gives me the same keyboard issues, I have tried installing the most recent drivers for my keyboard in a hope it would solve my problem, but it didn't.

As for online, I don't know, I don't play online anymore but the last time we did try it seemed to work out ok but that was before it all escalated, we had other disconnect issues such as connection losses back then between us.