Thread: how do i get online

how do i get online

how do i get online with it and i have a won account but i dont know hoe to log in on it

Donated 15NS$ for Sven's Holiday at the Bahamas Puchi's Avatar  
    Artist

Re: how do i get online

won was shut down several years ago. please use Steam.
    Do it with passion, or not at all.
    Do not say everything you know. Know everything you say.
    [ MarySP ][ nacl-h2o ][ The next SC Version ♥♥♥♥ing pwns! ][Puchis Maps ]

Quote Originally Posted by Puchi
    won was shut down several years ago. please use Steam.
    no way thats gay that they shut down why did they and is there any way i could
    with out steam or ill eat you with my garg and my special ops and my scientis and my gruntss see and my gordon freem man arg and my medic and my pie see my pie

Donated 15NS$ for Sven's Holiday at the Bahamas Puchi's Avatar  
    Artist

give me a reasonable explanation why steam is gay, and do not use bugs and/or teething problems from 4-5-6 years ago or when steam was beta.

on another note: your little army cannot defeat me, i have access to sc 3.5 beta, with far better AI than your squad has
    Do it with passion, or not at all.
    Do not say everything you know. Know everything you say.
    [ MarySP ][ nacl-h2o ][ The next SC Version ♥♥♥♥ing pwns! ][Puchis Maps ]

Hmm i think we got a fight here. Nice...Well i dont know if this helps you but i have half life and mods and all that s***. I always click on internet games and all works fine. Try to get the last patch i think is the 1.1.1.2 look for it and then tell me. And won its far better than steam because won is for the true gamer that plays with the last 5 dollars it has. Steam is for people that have money and bla bla bla

NVM dont take care of my opinion im crazy no im ruin yes that. XD

Note:won its better

Contributor

Half-Life costs like 5 dollars (well maybe a bit more, but cheap anyway). You can play it on Steam if you buy it.

1 dollar in argentina is 4 times expensive beacuse this country sucks bad thats why many people that i know wont have steam. And worst than that steam is no longer compatible with win98. Thats a shame.

If you REALLY want, you can try WON2, however, you will run on to many problems (no servers, bugs, some maps wont work and 3.5 will require steam) and you dont find much help for them. Saying that WON is better, you are basically fooling youself.

I have won since i remember and i got no problem with it and once i probe steam and i must tell you i dont like it at all and the servers thing you said its all lies because there were servers but all empty or with 1 player or non player WTF. So thats why i dont like and i wont have steam, thats all.

Note:im not calling you liar just the steam thing.
    WTF

stean sucks for one because you cant play half-life on it and put mods and junk on it because you have to go throo all this shiw to buy it or put it on steam manualy

Contributor

Do you guys have any idea what you are talking about? I don't.

doesn't post here often an8bitwarlock's Avatar

yeah, honestly. anti-steam is stupid.
    names i go by on sven: [An8BitWarlock], [IceBlueDeer] (or [IceBlueTheWingedDeer]), Syphon The Raccoon, Squarepusher, [Cinema], Vanilla Blue Dragon, [RJD2], -X-Venetian-x-Snares-X-

stean sucks for one because you cant play half-life on it and put mods and junk on it because you have to go throo all this shiw to buy it or put it on steam manualy
    y do ppl say taht WON sux? rite a 5 page esay wiht cumplet citatons and a biblographi pretty plz. I wud lik 2 convert ovr 2 ur kind!1

i hop u spek englich well bcuz if u dun, den i dun. if u du, den i r jus lazi 2 rite good. sry!!!

btw, kewl smilis RAWR1

i fink i forgut, but duz steam rly suk? y????? :O :O:O shud i swich ovr 2 it?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty
    y do ppl say taht WON sux? rite a 5 page esay wiht cumplet citatons and a biblographi pretty plz. I wud lik 2 convert ovr 2 ur kind!1

i hop u spek englich well bcuz if u dun, den i dun. if u du, den i r jus lazi 2 rite good. sry!!!

btw, kewl smilis RAWR1
    agreed.

People who don't have HL and for some retarded reason can't afford the 10 bucks it is for steam will just go against it, most likely these guys downloaded HL and then found Sven, were happy now finding out they have to pay the almighty 10 bucks for a Steam game they can't handle it xD

Not really, If you don't have steam you wont like it, if you have it with all the games you'll like it, it's organised, it's internet works and soon all mods will require it so go pay 10 bucks.

And to the comment about it's too hard to set up mods? it's exact same as Won just put it in your HL folder in steam and it will show in your steam list.

А ну, чики-брики и в дамки! Scotsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devile
    And to the comment about it's too hard to set up mods? it's exact same as Won just put it in your HL folder in steam and it will show in your steam list.
    Don't forget you have to restart Steam (Exit Steam and start it up again) for mods, sourcemods, etc. to appear in your steam list.

I seen Steam before when my dad first got it in 2004, and I was like, what the hell is it? But then my dad moved back to WON, then once we had got Half-Life 2 we had to move back to steam.

If your trying to use WON now...the one thing all I can say is, Why?
    Only one way to find out

Contributor

Not if you still have your Half Life CD Keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack5296