Thread: 5waystodie RipEnt

5waystodie RipEnt

Author: James Archibald AKA The Hunter
    Ripented by: CubicVirtuoso

Going on with my ripent collection todays release is 5waystodie series. This was originally two separate maps, but I have converted them into one series. There isn't much to say... you are posed (in each map) with five different traps... if you pick the wrong door you die... if you don't you live to move on. It's a pretty basic map nothing TOO exciting; don't look at me I just ripented it :P

I added some other things though too like an end_game condition. In this version you have to kill the BigMomma at the end to finish the maps (sorry if I just ruined the "surprise" ending).

Once again I take no ownership over this map. I simply want to increase the map library for SvenCoop

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.cvirtuoso.com/5waystodie.zip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5waystodie0000.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	361.9 KB 
ID:	13109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5waystodie0001.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	13110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5waystodie0002.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	341.6 KB 
ID:	13111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5waystodie20003.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	338.8 KB 
ID:	13112  
    --- www.Podcast17.com ---
    Podcast 17 is a weekly audio show in which William and a selection of co-hosts discuss mods and news from the Valve/Half-Life sphere.

Re: 5waystodie RipEnt

More images
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5waystodie20004.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	13113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5waystodie20006.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	412.0 KB 
ID:	13114  
    Podcast 17 is a weekly audio show in which William and a selection of co-hosts discuss mods and news from the Valve/Half-Life sphere.

Qwerty is such a good boy plus I have just noticed Qwerty your names is the top 6 letters of the letters on the keyboard, weird.

Anyway,
    I will have a look at this map as soon as I get Half-Life(STEAM) working again :S
    Yes, that why I havent been on your server for a while.

This map would certainly be welcome among the plefora of fun and unusual maps developed during the early mapping boom of this mods history but unfortunately it fails to entertain better than say, maps included in the old 2.0 release, let alone nowadays! I'm sure you put every effort into improving old maps Cubic, but perhaps your skills would be better used in more recent mapping attempts?

On a side note, surely a room that spawns about 12 female assassins in your face when you're only equipped with a pistol is something that could've been changed? As i said that kind of annoying gameplay element has faded out since the early days, it could put people off a map completely.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

I didn't make the map I just ripented it :P

I am not picking maps in a chronological based order... I am going down an alphabetical list.

Manager

Honestly the map does sound pretty bad judging from the screenshots and BMT's comments. Wouldn't it be better to pick out some of the best singleplayer maps and ripent those instead of going in alphabetical order? It's a well known fact that 90% of maps that start with a number are horrible.

I'm well aware you ripented it, my points are still valid (ie you could ripent those bloody female assassins out of the room). I'm just saying instead of doing them all at least check them out first and if certain ones aren't worth improving then don't use up your time on them. Focus on the hidden gems.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]