Thread: A problem with even getting to the server selection screen

A problem with even getting to the server selection screen

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a glitch or a bug, but if I get banned for posting in the wrong forum, so be it.

I recently purchased Half Life 1 off steam and decided to give your mod a go. (After reading from friends that this may be the best hl1 multiplayer mod around) After downloading 3.0 and installing it to my half-life directory in steam, the game will boot up just fine, but when I click "Find server" (Or whatever it is), the game gives me a sound and won't load up the server selection menu. The other selections work just fine, such as start my own game or set my options. I've tried re-installing sven co-op many times and have searched for answerers to this problem, but I have found nothing, so here I am.

Can you tell me what is wrong with my copy of sven?

Thanks.

Re: A problem with even getting to the server selection screen

Don't worry, you wont get banned for posting in the wrong forum. And: hooray, you posted in the right one.

Ok, I never heard about this problem before. Can't you find servers through the Steam menu (so, not ingame)?

Just go to View -> Servers. Then in the Internet tab click on Change Filters below and you can select SvenCo-op from the Game menu. That should show you all SvenCo-op servers.

Re: A problem with even getting to the server selection screen

Ah! This worked! Thank you.

(Odd it doesn't work in game... Oh well)

EDIT: Ahh.... My eyes are bloodshot, my back hurts, and I'm out of energy. That was a good solid 5.5 hour round. I'll be back tomorrow
    Last edited by DR. DOS; 05-04-2008 at 03:43 AM.