Thread: Need huge crosshairs

Hybrid View

a.k.a Sgt_Waffles

Need huge crosshairs

I run svencoop in 1920x1080, the native resolution of my monitor, and although it looks fantastic and I can see forever, I can't see my crosshair anymore since it's been scaled down so small by the resolution. I've found replacements online, but new design can only help so much. Is there anyway to scale up the crosshairs, say, 4X so I can see what I'm shooting at? I'm assuming that simply resizing crosshairs.spr is going to put everything off kilter, if it works at all, but it's getting pretty tough finding tutorials on this anymore so I was wondering if any of you guys know a solution.

Re: Need huge crosshairs

Well, I use a CD pen to mark a crossair on my screen for using sniper weapons in CS without the scope.

D:

last man on earth compressed-worrior's Avatar

there used to be a cmd in counterstrike that changes ur crosshairs to the size they should be like if you put in 32x32 they were massive i dont know if its in svencoop because all of svens xhairs are different
    just saying lol

a.k.a Sgt_Waffles

Hmm.. maybe there is a setting in some cfg somewhere that'll do it. CS, I think, does this automatically. At least CS source does, I haven't touched original CS. Just out of curiosity, you can't be considered to be a cheater by any of the automated stuff out there if you replace these files and then play online, can you?

Я коммунистиче к, камрад! mod man 8's Avatar

Editing dlls: Yes.
    Editing clientside cfg's: No.

VaC just reads dll's ect for changes. Doesn't bother seeing what it does, just ban's you if you do.
    Cfg files, are for a number of reasons. Like saving your sven binds. Steam uses these, but wont check them, because each one is going to be different, for many different people.

last man on earth compressed-worrior's Avatar

yeah i had my dlls changed by a virus i got awhile back and got vac banned :o
    it sux because there are no non-vac servers on sven anyone who has a server make it non vac! lol

http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums...p?topic=8573.0

I don't want to advertise or anything, but this custom HD pack includes larger crosshairs for HL weapons. Just download that package and extract sprite files to your "half-life/valve/sprites" folder.

a.k.a Sgt_Waffles

Awesome! This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for (at least I think it is, I'm at work now and can't try it yet). Thanks!