Thread: Warcoast Pt.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Warcoast Pt.1

People should read what I posted. I've already said that I've fixed the critical bugs, also I added one more area on the map wich will have some combat, anyways, I'm not releasing it, I see that I failed in Sven Coop mapping and I'll discontinue this and get back on single player mapping, sorry for wasting your time. Bye n' cheers.

If you indeed fixed the critical bugs then get the map posted. I was referring to the present map that is posted. We are more than willing to test a map that will be worked on. No one is going to play a map that crashes a server everytime.

Thumbs up Re: Warcoast Pt.1

I rather enjoyed what you had made, thought it was a cool map. Being a fan of sandstone myself leading friendlies around to complete objectives. Seeing lots of potential, there will always be a bit of critiquing here, some can be a bit harsh. Most with good intention. Keep on mapping an don't be discouraged..
    heal to be healed....

kill or be Killed!

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Ag3nt-X View Post
    People should read what I posted. I've already said that I've fixed the critical bugs, also I added one more area on the map wich will have some combat, anyways, I'm not releasing it, I see that I failed in Sven Coop mapping and I'll discontinue this and get back on single player mapping, sorry for wasting your time. Bye n' cheers.
    Oh for fuck's sake, you have not failed in SvenCoop mapping. You've made something that most other mappers would never even be able to accomplish. It just needs a small amount of effort to perfect it. This map that you have here would be BOMS worthy if you would just take a bit more time to work on it. You don't have to waste your skill on SP mapping, which is the biggest waste of time I've ever heard anyone even consider over SC.

Sorry for being so straightforward with you, but you really need to stop being so depressed and upset about this map. Your delusion is getting in the way of your success.

Quote Originally Posted by Ag3nt-X View Post
    You feel offended and act like that for absolutely no reason.
    Noone tries to offend you. All of the people posting here want to help you improving your map.

Yes, you should probably go back to single player mapping then, if you lack the ability to take and appreciate reasoned constructive criticism and bugreports.
    Without it you won't be successful at Sven Coop mapping.

Again, try some reading before posting non-sense posts.
    Constructive critcism?, bugreports?, yeah, I can't take'em all without any problems, please, read my WIP topic and read this one from the start.
    Anyways, you'll see some guy asking me to increase the map size, wich would require me to delete almost everything on the map and redesign the whole town again, I do work, I have a job and you see that I don't post frequently on this site, also I was going to lost every entity set I did, wich most of them took me weeks to make. Then my post said 'I don't have time and patience to do it'.
    Now you appeared and said 'You should fix the critical bugs n' stuff', after you, the Goanna guy appeared saying that he wasn't going to waste his time on a buggy map and also I don't bother to fix bugs...
    For making the things easier to you, I'll quote my post, few posts back after you said that (I'm not sure if you're going to read tho).

Anyways, I've fixed these things on the map.
    * Spawnzone isn't unsafe anymore, you can get weapons and ready yourself before reaching the warzone.
    * Reduced the Terrorists SAW's spawnzone to 2.
    * Increased the time of respawn of the Terrorists on the upper streets, now the Engineer have some more seconds to reach the mortars and blow'em up.
    * Clipped the whole map due to a Skill mod, players with AntiGravity Skills could cheat the map.
    * Fixed the bug where players could bug the Enemy (and Friendly) spawnzone by entering quickly when the doors open.
    * Deleted the Fake Sea model, should fix the weird sky error.
    * Reduced Turrets Strenght from 760 to 450.
    * Grammar erros fixed tho.
    In this list, you can see the bugs I've fixed, most of it was reported by people, and it was the 'Critical' ones that you're telling me to fix and the ones wich Goanna was saying that I don't bother to fix.

Now, read your posts. You call that bugreports?, you call that Constructive Criticism?
    When shit hits the fan, its easier to say 'Wow, you lack in the ability to take constructive criticism', I've got a lot of people wich act like you.
    You don't know my past, you just think that I born with those maps skills I have, I maybe don't have many released maps out there, but I have experice of mapping counting 8 years, I DO had THOUSANDS of constructive criticism and bugreports on my maps, I can accept all them until people start to get harsh and saying things like I'm getting paid to do it.
    I just wanted to keep the things calm, I hate flamewars and I hope this topic doesn't start one.

See my point.

Cheers;
    Last edited by Ag3nt-X; 27-05-2008 at 02:52 AM.

Indeed, better stop this discussion and call it a misunderstanding. No one else needs to comment on this either ...

On topic now!

Hmm, yep - I think it is a misunderstanding. On both sides.

I'm sorry if something that I wrote seemed harsh to you. That wasn't my intention.
    I'm just not someone to "flower" every word I say. You might be a little over-sensitive there.

I wouldn't post if I didn't really like and appreciate this map. It looks great!
    My first sentence when I played it was: Wow, amazing to see how good the HL1 engine can still look.
    Ways better than many Source Maps.

Unfortunaly my friend couldn't share this opinion, as he had weird graphic errors.
    Thats why I thought, that you should probably just release a small fix for this first, that you can release right away, so the map is playable already.

And not-so important Gameplay and Design changes, which would take more time to complete and test too, at a later time.

Nice, I'll release an updated .bsp with bugs fixed, I also added some new area wich will have some combat. Unfortunately I didn't finished it and I have some priorities to get rid right now, so the update will take some time, nothing like a month, just few weeks and I think I can finish it, playtest it and do a proper release without any bugs and a fun gameplay, I'm not sure if it will have any sequels, I'm very busy these times, so I'm not promissing anything but the update of this map.
    Also sorry for any misunderstandings.
    Cheers;

Remember too that these are just thoughts and ideas from players. It's not necessary to apply every single comment you read; make the map bigger for example, screw that. That was just a "wishful thinking" comment, just ignore it. Glad to hear you're going to fix stuff. I will check it out and maybe even add it to my web site with a link here.

Hey guys sorry for the delay, I was too much busy and I couldn't finish this as fast as I tought, anyways, shit happened while I was doing more objectives trough the map, well, the map itself got corrupted and I couldn't finish the new area that I said about, anyways, I had a backup of the .Rmf of the previous version, then I fixed again all the bugs, re-textured the Npc's and here is the final version, this time I've playtested with people who was getting the Sky bug error, now it seens that it was gone, also the other bugs was fixed too, I think its bug free now, here's the download link:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/53476

Cheers;

Contributor

I've had a quick look through and it all looks brilliant, I hope to find a server playing this at some point

a.k.a Sgt_Waffles

Looks spiffy! We will give this a run in our next session and see how it goes.

a.k.a Sgt_Waffles

We gave it a go, just two people, and the first phase worked just great. It was just hard enough that we could accomplish the objective without pulling our hair out. The engineer's AI was alittle retarded, but we still got him there. I really like the way the intro works with the chopper; has anyone made a run with a larger crew to see if the single doorway causes a telefrag fiesta?

We made it as far as a couple minutes into the turrent phase before a barrel got destroyed. It might have been the one Cody pounded with a crowbar at the beginning because it was blinking at him. Either way, probably would not have happened otherwise, or if we had a third person to keep the battlefield calmer. Good map all around, I'll play it again when we have more people on a weekend. The architecture and texturing is top notch by the way, eye candy means alot in a map where you're not going anywhere for a while.
    Didn't see any troubles that weren't already addressed. Good work.

Gorgeous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12