Thread: Momma Mesa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Manager

Re: Momma Mesa

Quote Originally Posted by G.Ballblue View Post
    Also, stop renaming .bsps :/

Some players are getting disconnected from my server with this error. Happens once every few times the map is played. I use the -num_edicts flag instead of the 32 max players on my server for the extra entities.

Host_Error: CL_EntityNum: 1103 is an invalid number, cl.max_edicts is 1095

Manager

Do the clients who are attempting to connect to your server have the edicts fix applied as well?

no, at least I don't, does the -num_edits when used in the client increase the cl max as well while not running a listen server?

Manager

Pretty sure that both the server and the client must have the fix applied in order to not receive a max_edicts error on either end, though I may be misunderstanding your question. From the looks of it, the server is able to support the edicts count, but the players have a lower maximum number, thus they are unable to join. Might want to leave the allowed players at 32 to eliminate any issues. The edicts fix will be applied to all clients and servers in 4.0, so this won't be a problem once it is released.

it works on the client.

The map is pretty unstable on my server though. The map crashes like 30-40% of the time it's played, in either the second camera scene or the camera scene after saving the grunts.

MOS 6510 @ 1.02 MHz /w VIC-II Cesar's Avatar

This is a fun mission map. I wish the mission routes were random. The server I play on always crashed at the tank part.

Regarding the tank part, where are the RPG ammo? Does the tank take regular ammo damage, too?

Anything will hurt the tank, assuming you hit the the main turret. RPG ammo shouldn't be an issue, since the players should be able to pick up the various RPGs lying around to serve as ammunition.

On another note, I would like to state that the AI changes in SC 4.0 have left this map rather BROKEN. The tunnel mission, where the players must protect the grunts, has tons of pathfinding issues with the enemy monsters, and the waves are pretty much broken because the monsters no longer spawn and attack correctly.

I really don't know how the other missions are performing, partly because I've never seen a server really get past the tunnel mission without everyone getting irratated on sc 4.0 -- either that, or the grunts just magically die and the lab mission is loaded instead. As it stands, run this map at your own risk, because it probably isn't going to work correctly.

Another thing: the bullsquid will fuck you up
    [I stoled it from GB, who stoled it from JP][I had the first 4.0B server available to the public]
    [Я достигнул 200 постов в Советском Ко-оп]

Pwner/Owner of Stixsworld Stixsmaster's Avatar

You know to get this and ragemap to work on a server properly...without having to set max players to 32+ you can easily alter the mp_decals cvar to be 4096 instead of simple 1024 in your server.cfg and there you go you can have max players set to 4 and have that many peeps in this or ragemap and it shall not crash the server or anything...

Of course still recommend also having in launch options for both server and client the -num_edicts 4096 code...which by default on a fresh install is there...

Hope this help those that like those maps like I do...and well my server pwns because I got both these maps running on it perfectly fine...even tho only 4 peeps tops can play on it...

---Stixsmaster
    Last edited by Stixsmaster; 22-02-2009 at 02:11 AM.
    - Sig removed. Read forum sig rules here:
    http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1578

Manager

What exactly does mp_decals do that would prevent a server from crashing due to excessive entities?

Pwner/Owner of Stixsworld Stixsmaster's Avatar

http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36406

Go there for your answer...

---Stixsmaster
    Last edited by Stixsmaster; 22-02-2009 at 02:01 PM.
    - Sig removed. Read forum sig rules here:
    http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1578

Manager

I've been wondering about the tunnel mission, but thanks for confirming it. Played this map on an AMXX and mod-less server now, same issue. As you said, the monsters sometimes stay at the portal and don't take any damage. Doesn't seem possible to complete the mission without letting the soldiers die. If I keep them alive too long, eventually the server-side will crash.

Also couldn't work out what the hell was attacking the portal mission. Failed that within seconds.

Shame really - first tried this map out a week ago due to it looking EPIC.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

has anyone tried fixing this map yet? Still broken with sc4.5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12