Thread: Sven Co-op 4.0 Trailer, Contest Winner Announced!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Manager

Re: Sven Co-op 4.0 Trailer, Contest Winner Announced!

The circular wave attack never makes anything explode, at least not from my observation. Monsters are usually damaged and thrown into the air, where they fly away from the center of impact. If the falling distance is great enough, they could techinally explode on impact with the ground.

Manager

Re: Developing instead of making videos: I'd agree, but the thing holding SC back is code at the moment, and no coders were involved in making the video.
    Sven Viking

Well if its true what JPolito told me about alien grunts then it will really suck I mean he told one alien grunt can easily take out two players at close range who are unloading mp5 clips into it , like they were practically entirely bullet proof
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Manager

Cyberdaemon: That's been rebalanced recently. They're still more aggressive and somewhat tougher than before, but not /too/ much tougher. Headshots take them down pretty fast.
    Sven Viking

I liked the shotgun with stock better.

Grats, DinamoXP!

Nice trailer too!

It looks great DD cannot wait to get eaten !!
    I hope it is finished till x-mas!
    btw
    Is there a kind of recoil integrated, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bustamove View Post
    Is there a kind of recoil integrated, isn't it?
    Recoil like cs? That would be awesome!

Yeah^^, i think so too!
    I just noticed that he made little breaks when he shots

Yeah^^, i think so too!
    I just noticed that he made little breaks when he shots
    Yes, but it totally looks like a 3 shot burst fire mode, if you pay attention to the bullet count in the hud you will see that it goes 3 by 3 flawlessly.

Eighter we got a sharp mouse shooter there or its a burst fire, which would be fine for a M16A2 or M16A4.

Although that looks like an M16A1 which is only semi/fullauto:

Wow, that Tor looks just as good as it did 4 years ago lmao, can't wait to see it in another 4!!

Manager

There's no denying that it has been a while, but there is also no denying that you're being an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaccino View Post
    Yes, but it totally looks like a 3 shot burst fire mode, if you pay attention to the bullet count in the hud you will see that it goes 3 by 3 flawlessly.
    I noticed that, but if there is a burst mode, it would only make sense if there is also a recoil at the auto mode.
    You know what i mean, why should anybody use a burst when it hits the same like shooting regularly, just slower

Hey Sven Viking, a little question shortly:
    Will you adding this weapon from Opposing Force into svencoop? (Entitie » weapon_eagle)
    I love this weapon really, I wished this gun was included in your wonderful game. Maybe you can do it?

Thanks for this video.

Entitie » weapon_eagle in Sven Co-op:

Edit: Here are others pictures if the first one is to small...:

Last edited by Ip. Config; 21-09-2008 at 01:48 PM.

I noticed that, but if there is a burst mode, it would only make sense if there is also a recoil at the auto mode.
    You know what i mean, why should anybody use a burst when it hits the same like shooting regularly, just slower
    Indeed, but a M16A2 has only semi or 3 shots burst mode, no full-auto which doesn't leave much choice. But I don't think that's the case.

Just did this in ms paint:

Actually, I don't think the MP5 that displays in the weapon bucket is... well, an MP5. I know the mod FireArms had an smg that looked just like the one in the weapon bucket -- the supposed "m203" is actually the gun's clip from what I know of off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Ballblue View Post
    Actually, I don't think the MP5 that displays in the weapon bucket is... well, an MP5. I know the mod FireArms had an smg that looked just like the one in the weapon bucket -- the supposed "m203" is actually the gun's clip from what I know of off hand.
    You are probably talking about the Bizon:

Its a smg based off on the AK-74.
    It does quite resemble that silhouette, but its not. I'm almost 100% sure that it is the combination shown above. Maybe in the development they weren't quite sure which weapon to choose so they mixed the two, but ended up with the MP5 SD3 (maybe SD6) and in the HD pack they put the M4 (Basically a short M16).

Yea, that's the one. There are some definite differences between that and the weapon bucket image (such as stock.) Not too sure what to make of it, really

This may explain why the original weapon was an SMG and why the HD pack uses an assault rifle, since it does look like some rather interesting fusion of the two weapons. One thing I have noticed on the weapon bucket, however, is that there's no trigger for what looks like the "m203 part" (which is part of the reason why I concluded that the gun in question was a Bizon.)

Quote Originally Posted by G.Ballblue View Post
    Yea, that's the one. There are some definite differences between that and the weapon bucket image (such as stock.) Not too sure what to make of it, really

This may explain why the original weapon was an SMG and why the HD pack uses an assault rifle, since it does look like some rather interesting fusion of the two weapons. One thing I have noticed on the weapon bucket, however, is that there's no trigger for what looks like the "m203 part" (which is part of the reason why I concluded that the gun in question was a Bizon.)
    Yeah, you're not the first to think it could be a bizon, also note that it misses the magazine. Well, the trigger and trigger guardy are sorta a "thin" to appear in such a low res. pic. But we all now Half-Life is not realistic regarding weapons, from the top of my mind I can name a few big flaws:

The shotgun (suposelly a SPAS 12) does not have 2 barrels (no double barrel shot), and it should also be able to fire in semi-auto.

The 9mmAR should do more damage than the handgun - both are 9mm but the first has a longer barrel. Or maybe it does less damage because the MP5 SD series have a special barrel that reduces the velocity of the bullet into subsonic speeds in order to make the suppressor more effective, not sure how the final balistics are affected.

The .357 shouldnt do so much damage, a 9mm doesn't stand too far .

But those are minor flaws compared to the uber fast magic M203 that sprays 40mm grenades without any reloading action.

more wpoly = more fun Tuesday's Avenger's Avatar  
    Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaccino View Post
    Just did this in ms paint:
    Mind = blown

The MP5 weapon bucket is most likely based off the old SMGs hgrunts carried in the Alpha and Beta stages of Half-Life, if you take a good look at the SMGs the hgrunts are holding in that picture you can see it's resemblance.

Edit: Theres another hgrunt picture from the E3 Demonstrations that resembles the weapon bucket even more, but i couldn't find it.

Take cover!

Regarding the weapons, my main concerns:

1) The weapon origin for the shotty is really off. Compare HL2's SPAS-12 to HL1's MP5. You will see a radical difference, and I highly prefer the MP5's position (though the other HL1 weapons aren't too bad either).

2) The arms. Will they be released so we can swap them in Milkshape to make custom weapons easily? By making your own v_ arm style, it'll make all custom weapon models quite inconsistent.

3) A while ago you mentioned a grenade launcher. If you use TFC's model YOU BETTER CREDIT IT. Lots of people steal from TFC and not credit it because they think nobody cares anymore. Well I do. :P

Quote Originally Posted by StoneFrog View Post
    Regarding the weapons, my main concerns:

1) The weapon origin for the shotty is really off. Compare HL2's SPAS-12 to HL1's MP5. You will see a radical difference, and I highly prefer the MP5's position (though the other HL1 weapons aren't too bad either).

2) The arms. Will they be released so we can swap them in Milkshape to make custom weapons easily? By making your own v_ arm style, it'll make all custom weapon models quite inconsistent.

3) A while ago you mentioned a grenade launcher. If you use TFC's model YOU BETTER CREDIT IT. Lots of people steal from TFC and not credit it because they think nobody cares anymore. Well I do. :P
    No offense but, TFC's default Grenade Launcher model isn't that great when it comes to overall quality. You can get a very good one here

Quote Originally Posted by MetroCop View Post
    if you take a good look at the SMGs the hgrunts are holding in that picture you can see it's resemblance.
    It looks like an MP5 SD to me, only with crude fore grips. It lacks the AR-15/M-16 style front sights as well as the tip of the barrel, muzzle flash and M203 front sights which can definitely be noticed:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast