Thread: flush entity packet lag

a.k.a Sgt_Waffles

flush entity packet lag

I haven't honestly seen the CL_flush_entity_packet thing since like 2000; I just assumed it either didn't happen anymore or was a dial-up thing. We're getting getting this error on just one computer connecting to a lan game via secure 802.11g, an intel Q6600, 4gb, 8800GTS, XP SP3 computer (steam), and the error seems to be so rare nowadays that I can't find any help on it with google where the problem isn't the dial-up internet connection. I suspect the router, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Re: flush entity packet lag

Have you tried hooking the computer up to the router instead of having it go over wireless? I've never gotten the problem my self, but I've had friends that have had horrible connection problems or high amounts of lag with using wireless.

a.k.a Sgt_Waffles

I don't know whether it would fix the problem or not, but the wired ports on the router are already full so I'm trying to avoid adding a switch until we upgrade to wireless N. The next time we play we're going to try a hardwired connection just to see, but it wouldn't be an acceptable fix if the problem goes away, it'll just indicate that the lag has something to do with the wireless since the plan long term is to go all wireless anyway. The cords are nasty to work with behind the server since it's with the stereo and all sorts of stuff. I may also try wiping and reloading Sven also. I haven't seen this error in years, so I'm gonna have to refamiliarize myself with it. It was alot easier to trace the problem back in the days with a ping of 300 was good...

I viewed this thread only because of the title I remember looking at that message frequently in the past, back when I played TFC a lot.

I havnt had any problems with wireless. I think the best thing to do, is try how the computer acts with different games. Maybe its one of the rare 0,01% of all computer who have problems with HL.