Thread: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Bad entity in IndexOfEdict()

FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Bad entity in IndexOfEdict()

Hello guys, i'm just interesting, anybody have this problem too? Using SC 5.0 version of metamod-p 1.21p37 with amxx 1.8.3 dev 5000 (for experimenting tested 1.8.2 stable too) on Win serv 2008 R2 x64 and on the same maps in same places got server crash with FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Bad entity in IndexOfEdict(). May be anybody knows the source of this problem? For example, AOM's "city2" map, "6doors" after opening last door and entering teleport. "airport_beta" - after turning off steam from the tube by explotion of grenade one of the players getting high ping and trying to reconnect, then server crashing with this message too.
    Last edited by @n!t@; 01-02-2016 at 07:27 AM.
    Anitalink.com
    Жизнь порой несправедлива... но любовь придаёт этой несправедливости смысл...
    Life is unfair from time to time... But love gives a sense to this injustice...

Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Bad entity in IndexOfEdict()

Could you try producing it without metamod?

Thank you for pointing... It's metamod...
    Anitalink.com

Are you sure it's metamod itself? I think it is more likely that some amxx stuff is crashing metamod. I had the same errors with some recent amxx 1.8.3 development snapshot and reverted to an oder snapshot after I got exactly the same errors and it works fine now. There must have been a change in amxx at some point which causes that. If you want I can hand out my current amxx files/installation but I only have the Linux version so it might be uninteresting to you. My working version is 1.8.3-dev+c99a518,maybe you can check out that revision on the amxx github and give it a try or even check the commits from there on for the change probably causing the crashes.

Edit: Probably not, the version I use is some 1.8.3-dev-hgXXX-base.tar.gz version.
    Last edited by nico; 01-02-2016 at 09:07 AM.

It's possible to check by "meta list" console command
    Anitalink.com

Now that the Metamod-P source code using our headers is publicly available, you can add in a check in its EntIndex function to validate the address. Then you can generate a backtrace to see where it's coming from. We'll look into this when we are able to.

Hey @n!t@

You're not the only one that has encountered this, I have has well with metamod-p/amxx, I am finding only certain plugins are causing it like GHR_ghw (grab hook rope).

Hello. Eh, but i disabled amxx and got this error just with metamod enabled... Hook plugin was removed by one of my admins, so, there's just defalt amxx plugins installed and scxpm disabled... So, now i'm trying to find a way for stable working of metamod 1st...

To Solokiller: i've tried trace metamod plugin from this place: http://sourceforge.net/projects/meta...mod%20Plugins/ but if i'm trying write to console "trace set IndexOfEdict" - server is crashing... May be i need new compiled version of this plugin from sc metamod-p source?.. If yes - i need to lookin for some help with compiling it...
    Last edited by @n!t@; 02-02-2016 at 05:36 AM.
    Anitalink.com

Not in the circlejerk S. H. Lynx's Avatar

I had this problem with AMXX 1.8.3

Downgraded to 1.8.2, and it worked fine afterwards, for most of the time.

Servidor Hispano de Sven Co-op

Current HN: Luces en Babel / Babylon (Steam) - I no longer use S. H. Lynx on my work.
    SteamID

1.8.2 stable or one of the snapshots?
    Anitalink.com

Stable release.

Current HN: Luces en Babel / Babylon (Steam) - I no longer use S. H. Lynx on my work.
    SteamID

OK, thank you, i'll try to recompile scxpm back to 1.8.2, may be it will be better...

So, The results of testing: After reinstalling of amxx to 1.8.2 i got just crash witjout any message on airport_beta and no one crash on other maps... The next step will be rewriting of SCXPM code. Thank you all guys for your support! "Taking cover!"

PS: Got one crash without any messages with SCXPM enabled on escape_series_1a, but after restarting is everything fine. I think, it's SCXPM problem, but strange what there's no any messages in logs of game and amxx logs...
    Last edited by @n!t@; 02-02-2016 at 03:11 PM.
    Anitalink.com

Do you use Wrd's SCXPM?

SteamID

Tomorrow i'll make a debug version for Metamod that logs invalid edicts in IndexEnt. You should have better luck finding the cause once that's in place.

Quote Originally Posted by S. H. Lynx View Post
    Do you use Wrd's SCXPM?
    Of course no... Rewrited 17.0 by me (added registration system), Silencer (some changes in code, optimisation of data saving to file & to sql db) and GmanRus (added new weapons classes, fixed ammo reincarnation and changed stats). The last time only GmanRus is working with this plugin. So, that number 18.2 is officially approved by the first creator - Silencer

Quote Originally Posted by Solokiller View Post
    Tomorrow i'll make a debug version for Metamod that logs invalid edicts in IndexEnt. You should have better luck finding the cause once that's in place.
    It will be great!
    Last edited by @n!t@; 03-02-2016 at 03:32 AM.
    Anitalink.com

Here are debug versions of Metamod-P. All this does is log invalid edicts passed to EntIndex to the server console (not to the log file).
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-P%20debug.rar

Here's the changed source file, in case anybody's interested:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ebug%20src.rar

The server should no longer crash outright, but using 0 as the index might cause problems. Adding a backtrace here would help.

Probably console output:
    Code:
    If passed a null pointer:
    ERROR:  EntIndex: Null edict
    If passed wordspawn's edict - 2:
    ERROR:  EntIndex: Invalid edict: -2, max 8207
    Last edited by Solokiller; 03-02-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Thank you! but... i'm running servers without win users, so, i can watch logs only
    Anitalink.com

Updated to use at_logged instead of at_error, so the messages are logged now.

Thank you!
    Anitalink.com