Thread: create giant city maps or maps that have can use func_vehicle! 5.0 release soon!

Explosive Crate create giant city maps or maps that have can use func_vehicle! 5.0 release soon!

just a reminder that I was assured, all but promised, that func_vehicle will be included in the next update of Sven Co-op! so please work on your city maps that have laid dormant! start them from scratch! be inspired!

please see the video below for an educational video about the vesitility and usefulness of this entity:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdo9HZTgr6s

(mods please make it so I can embed videos in Mapping, thanks!)

Re: create giant city maps or maps that have can use func_vehicle! 5.0 release soon!

Func_vehicle counter strike global offensive needs func_vehicle

Artist

Re: create giant city maps or maps that have can use func_vehicle! 5.0 release soon!

yo

well done Mr. Mazur, well done. well ahead of the class

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mazur View Post
    Grand theft auto: svencoop edition xD

Contributor

Would there be a way to parent/replace a model to in the place of func_vehicle? My brushwork is awful but I can 3dmodel fine.

set_origin

item_generic

Tester

Quote Originally Posted by The303 View Post
    Would there be a way to parent/replace a model to in the place of func_vehicle? My brushwork is awful but I can 3dmodel fine.
    As per CryoKeen use trigger_setorigin but I would think about the consequences.

Players & NPC normally cannot ride in models.mdl (need "brush models" to support them, similarly func_tank is brush based, so you will need AngelScipt to make a model.mdl "shoot bullets etc.")

Edit: Having said the above, you could for theoretically for example build a Osprey.mdl with the correct bbox and collision hulls that would allow players to travel inside the cargo area. (Not sure how well it would work but it would be very interesting.)
    Last edited by wolf-3d; 14-11-2015 at 03:07 PM.
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

Contributor

In source engine I would make the collision of a shitty physcar out of brushwork for the collision, set the texture to invisible and then move a prop_dynamic overtop of it and parented to the brush phys entity. So I would be fine with a vehicle ent done in brushes for collision, and I take it that would be the best route?

Tester

Quote Originally Posted by The303 View Post
    In source engine I would make the collision of a shitty physcar out of brushwork for the collision, set the texture to invisible and then move a prop_dynamic overtop of it and parented to the brush phys entity. So I would be fine with a vehicle ent done in brushes for collision, and I take it that would be the best route?
    Yes that is one way to do it.

I did this as you suggest for a WIP map.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F2QnxV_gsY (SC 4.8)

But then a "new osprey.mdl" was made and saw that NPC's can stand on a models bbox/collision hull.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7js0CUSK6cc (SC 5.0)

Same map but it loaded a different default "osprey.mdl"
    Edit: Players need the "invisible brush" to stand on though.
    Regards
    Wolf-3D