Thread: Good News And Bad News About Sven Co-op 4.1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Manager

Re: Good News And Bad News About Sven Co-op 4.1

That is the best MS Paint Rambo stick figure I have ever seen.
    Sven Viking

Quote Originally Posted by CryoKeen View Post
    It's as "complete" as we can make it, it was designed for single player so it took a bit of work to fix it so people don't cheat using like boost to get to areas they aren't supposed to, or just have it so more then 1 person breaks a map. Nearly all of the maps are there (I would say like 98%) and there may still be some bugs. Otherwise it's pretty much just op4+coop
    Ah alright, good to hear! Can't wait!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sven Viking View Post
    That is the best MS Paint Rambo stick figure I have ever seen.
    that's pretty much all i paid attention to

Contributor

what did it even have to do with this thread

A zombie-summoning device?

Puzzling.

How look new scoreboard with donors? Can you put here screen?

The shockroach bites back? Kinda like
    "zzzzzzzzzzzzzz nom"?

Hello Sven Viking. I have question.
    I see new weapon "Shock Roach". This weapon use monster "Shock Trooper".
    My question is: Can I use "Shock Roach" weapon If I kill "Shock Trooper Monster" ?

Manager

Dedomil: Yes.
    Sven Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Cesar View Post
    I'm surprised using the shock weapon in the water didn't discharge 9999 volts and instant-gib the wearer or anyone in the water. Quake does this. It would be a nice feature though.
    Was wondering about that...

Isn't the half-life engine (gold source) an advancement of the quake engine. I'm guessing the code for the above effect is in there somewhere. After thought, could this work, presuming player has battery charge for it to work:

Player A has an electrified crowbar.
    Player B has shock roach weapon.
    Both players in water,
    Player B secondary fires into water, then

Electrified crowbar gets a brief energy boost / discharge (think hl2 enhanced gravity gun effect) nearby enemies take damage & then players in water die. Obviously only works with donor status.

I kinda figured either everyone in the water would either explode immediately, or nothing would happen to them at all, but I like your idea more.

Banned

on a completely unrelated note; i wish sven developers would actually publicly play the mod they're updating to know what would break maps and what wouldn't

Publicly play the mod? Can you be more clear about what you mean by that? I and others on the team play 4.07 every now and then, and can tell you very well what things crash and what things don't. I don't know why Sven or Sniper don't play in public more often tbh, I assume they would just get constantly nagged by people OMG YOUR SO COOL1111 like I tended to do to Sven back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Cocyx View Post
    on a completely unrelated note; i wish sven developers would actually publicly play the mod they're updating to know what would break maps and what wouldn't
    Lol!

I wish you knew how much time and energy is being used to satisfy your needs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CryoKeen View Post
    Publicly play the mod? Can you be more clear about what you mean by that? I and others on the team play 4.07 every now and then, and can tell you very well what things crash and what things don't. I don't know why Sven or Sniper don't play in public more often tbh, I assume they would just get constantly nagged by people OMG YOUR SO COOL1111 like I tended to do to Sven back in the day
    i mean, publicly associate yourself with the mod, play on servers, look at the new maps, etc etc. it took sniper about 7-9 months to figure out that fmod crashing wasn't a soundcard issue, you should know that more then anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by LemonSoda View Post
    Lol!

I wish you knew how much time and energy is being used to satisfy your needs.
    what does this have to do with publicly playing on sven servers to know how the current community is like?

Manager

Usually use a different name on public servers. No time lately though, tough keeping up as it is.
    Sven Viking

what does this have to do with publicly playing on sven servers to know how the current community is like?
    Sounded as if you were referring to the time the team uses for testing by saying the team members don't play to find bugs. To be honest, you can't even know what nicks they use.

/EDIT Well Sven was faster.

Banned

i'm glad if they do, i'm just constantly genuinely terrified that they're gonna do something that'll mess up the balance of all the sven maps leading up to that update or something

i'm glad if they do, i'm just constantly genuinely terrified that they're gonna do something that'll mess up the balance of all the sven maps leading up to that update or something
    stuff like mp5grenades giving people guns, amirite

or aliengrunts being blatantly overpowered and unfun to fight against

naw, that wouldn't happen

Banned

YEAH WHAT AM I THINKING

lol

Sven Co-op animator, beta tester, halfway decent modeler WAR_Nuker's Avatar

really that ought to put it in perspective though. we have to make decisions based on time constraints, which always sucks (particularly for a free mod). we named this previous version a beta because we didnt quite have enough time to investigate every single issue that might come up versus the quantity of things that were added over five years.

for this patch however, it is definitely more stable - and we are more used to our new way of doing things. with a handful of well known mappers on the team, we are getting a lot of input on their concerns and making adjustments accordingly. it wont be perfect, but we are doing as much as we can.

Banned

that didn't really address my concern for adding new features that'll break balance, or not even showing any sign of caring about the balance of all the maps leading up to the update

all im asking is that someone should acknowledge that issue and maybe have cvar commands to turn off certain enemy attacks/various other weapon stuff (like picking up the shockroach)

the problem there cocyx there is that with more players comes more shotguns to make the alien grunts fly across the map. If you were an invincible superhuman that could plough through a map without dying then whats the point of playing? You'd get bored a hell of alot quicker. Maybe have a sort of mechanism that if theres just one player facing the alien grunt he will only melee and wont use his hornet gun, but if he is surrounded he may decide to use a more effective way to dispatch his opponents. The main reason that everything is so hard is because you either don't have everyone working with you, or the maps are from 3.0 where they just stood there and shot at you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kyle6513 View Post
    The main reason that everything is so hard is because you either don't have everyone working with you, or the maps are from 3.0 where they just stood there and shot at you.
    you didn't really read what i posted did you

Is it a good or a bad sign that I did not think "You must be kidding me!" while reading the beginning of this newspost?

Anyway, when you release SC4.1 please make a new full installer and please remember to include msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll this time. Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast