Thread: Good News And Bad News About Sven Co-op 4.1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Sven Co-op animator, beta tester, halfway decent modeler WAR_Nuker's Avatar

Re: Good News And Bad News About Sven Co-op 4.1

Im not coder, but im pretty sure the coders added cvars to disable the features that you mentioned, Cocyx. they are on by default, but they can be turned off.

Deep underground in Snark Cafes TOP secret reserch labs

shockroachs...
    Do they still crawl towards you and leap-attack or do thay just drop as weapons now?
    or do both,
    or do the first one till they die and then become weapons!

and can you turn the weapon drop off (like Cocyx asked)
    since i can think of a few maps where that would seem very odd.

the Starwars ones for example which use a custom mdl (stormtroppers)
    would look a bit wierd a storm tropper droping a shockroach!

Two new weapons
    does this mean a higher base entity count again !
    SnarkCafe Admin / mapper
    We're back http://snarkcafe.net/

Quote Originally Posted by TheBard108 View Post
    shockroachs...
    Do they still crawl towards you and leap-attack or do thay just drop as weapons now?
    or do both,
    or do the first one till they die and then become weapons!
    Yes. Everything is the same, you just have the option to "pick up" the roach before it dies and use it as a weapon for a short time..

does this mean a higher base entity count again !
    We (hope) that infact the brush "base entity count" will be lower, and should allow some older maps to work again. We hope...

Deep underground in Snark Cafes TOP secret reserch labs

and should allow some older maps to work again.
    Hmm the only map i,ve found that dosn't work right so far is reo1 ( and i can get that to work for a couple of mins on snarkcafe (and you know the problems we have on there with ent limits!!!))
    SnarkCafe Admin / mapper
    We're back http://snarkcafe.net/

I was wondering, what's the player model on the right side behind the scientist in this screenshot?

http://www.svencoop.com/screenshot_pics/41/dsn2.jpg

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkaskar View Post
    I was wondering, what's the player model on the right side behind the scientist in this screenshot?

http://www.svencoop.com/screenshot_pics/41/dsn2.jpg
    It's RNG's personal player model, also seen here:
    http://www.svencoop.com/screenshot_pics/45/dsn2-2.jpg

I could be mistaken, but think it's a "drunken rat-bird".
    Sven Viking

func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

That's one of RNG's creations. You could have posted this on the latest news post because he's in one of the screenshots there, too.

Edit: Oopsies, I lost the game ^
    Love,
    w00tguy

Ah, okay. :P I didn't click on the newer screenshots, just looked at the thumbnails so I didn't realize it was there as well.

Since it's a personal model I assume that means I can stop digging through model packs to try to find it.

Manager

There was a post about it on the forums somewhere (maybe search for threads started by RNG), but don't know if the files were released or not.
    Sven Viking

Yeah, I found an art thread which--unless I'm sorely mistaken--is related to it. Not a model release, but still interesting.

Hmm the only map i,ve found that dosn't work right so far is reo1 ( and i can get that to work for a couple of mins on snarkcafe (and you know the problems we have on there with ent limits!!!))
    reo1 and ragemap were broken as of 4.0. they both now work. however, reo1 will need to be ripented or modified. there are some looping sounds that dont stop when they are supposed to.

Manager

Do they still loop incorrectly in the most recent development version? That should have been fixed already. If it still happens, could you create a bug report with details, thanks?
    Sven Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Sven Viking View Post
    Do they still loop incorrectly in the most recent development version? That should have been fixed already. If it still happens, could you create a bug report with details, thanks?
    reo1 is a 3.0 map so .wav files were probably used. i dont know if our fix handles anything with looping .wav files. RECO also has sound problems. Nih says its due to bad mapping, but who knows.

Would converting them to MP3 solve or help anything?

Manager

In theory WAV sounds should be working as they did in HL1/3.0/etc. Discussed and confirmed fixed in issue #1260. Something could have been missed or re-broken, though.
    Sven Viking

the RE maps are really the only maps i can think of with those issues. granted they seem to be the only 'total conversion' 3.0 maps that i can think of.

in any event, if theres someone with time...maybe someone can ripent the .bsp files for fixing after release and upload them somewhere.

also qwerty, that mp3 idea might actually work lol. still, someone would have to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyNinja View Post
    The shockroach bites back? Kinda like
    "zzzzzzzzzzzzzz nom"?

Sorry, I had to.

Sven Coop's very own pet Wonkehcheetah! wonkehcheetah!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    *A bunch of awesome pictures*
    Sorry, I had to.
    Is that your car?

Yes.

Contributor

what if rains, or cops easily remember your driving licence when you happen to overspeed

Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    what if rains, or cops easily remember your driving licence when you happen to overspeed
    Must mean my license plate is unique.

I would say that personalizing your license plate results in an inherited familiarity to local cops. Especially if you have [more] stickers on your car, like my volleyball on the back bottom right, an OpenDNS sticker on the back bottom left, and an OpenDNS sticker on the front upper left. And of course the paint of the hood and trunk.

Up until now, I thought your reply meant: what if ..., [excuse when] ... cops easily remember your driving licence when you happen to overspeed [and get pulled over]. I thought about it for a while and thought I realized what you meant, which is that my license plate would imply I'm driving while sleeping.

But if you ever get pulled over, this is what you should do immediately upon parking your car wherever you stopped:
    1. Turn off your radio completely.
    2. Turn off your car; shut the whole puppy down!
    3. Take the keys out of the ignition
    4. Roll down your window (and leave it down)
    5. Place your keys on the roof of your car, above you, clearly visible to the policeman who will be approaching
    6. Place your hands (or palms) on your steering wheel; not under or around it
    7. Usually at this point, the policeman is getting out or already out of his car coming to you, and if so, then just wait for him; otherwise, I would assume you have a brief moment of time more, and if you think you can do it before he gets out of his car, then grab your insurance card, drivers license, and vehicle registration and place it on your lap (resume to position #6)

If the cop says you were speeding at x mph or whatever, just say 'okay.' Simply, and with understanding. Don't be arrogant, ignorant, angry, frustrated, emotional, or anything. If you sped, you sped; you know that, so understand it, and so be it. If you didn't speed, then you know it, and so you can dispute it at court date (and there is a good possibility you might win because the cop failed to show up), so you understand it, and so be it. If you "walk with or go about with understanding," then you, as a wise person, will not go around like a "fool" (if you understand what I am trying to say here).

If he gives you a ticket, then so be it. Don't worry about it because there is nothing to worry about it. It's just a piece of paper, and whether you have to give the county some paper (which it requests -- it's just green valueless paper!) or not, it's just a piece of paper. It's not like your spouse died; it isn't the end of the world. Show up at court date and hope the cop doesn't show up, otherwise plead for either (1) a lesser fine or (2) no points penalty, possibly at a slightly greater fine.

Be courteous and respectful.

I can't guarantee that will get you out of every pullover, but so far it has gotten me out of like 3 or 4 pullovers; two for speeding and two for my left headlights being out (lol).

Naturally resume the position of your hands over your steering wheel when necessary.

Psychologically, it eases the police officer that is approaching you and your car. He sees that your keys are on top of the car (plus your car is off as a result thereof): he knows you won't be trying anything funny -- first step to you surrendering to him. Second, your windows are already down, and as he approaches notices that your hands are clearly and visibly on your steering wheel: you aren't hiding anything, you are making it clear, and further reinforce the previous psychological factor (you won't be trying anything funny).

When he speaks to you and you simply acknowledge what he accuses you of, he has nothing to say because you aren't presenting an argument of any sort. Ah, the taste of complete surrender -- well almost. He will ask you for "the usual" (drivers license, insurance, possibly registration), and simply just give it to him. Remember, he's just a human being, and/but with the authority of his clothes, badge, equipment and interceptor, and you're in no position to yield opposition (noob).

If he asks you to get out of the vehicle and do whatever, and/or to inspect your vehicle, it should be your desire to allow him. After all, if you've got nothing to hide, then you've got nothing to fear (and if this is the honest truth with you in that situation, then so be it!). If you have something to hide, you would be better off admitting it / letter him know in the first place; all details he asks for, etc. Just be sincere, honest, and humble about it.

Anyway, then he will return to your vehicle and probably let you go. If not, then so be it. If your everyday goal is to be humble and sincere, getting pulled over and dealing with it should be cakewalk, regardless of the end result.
    Last edited by Qwerty; 18-10-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Contributor

what did i just try to read. anyways i dont even have car, imsocool

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234