Thread: SVEN CO-OP VERSION 4.5 RELEASED !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Manager

Re: SVEN CO-OP VERSION 4.5 RELEASED !

Not a very great upgrade? *chuckles*

We're not here to support the WON version of Half-Life. The mod is designed for STEAM Half-Life only.

I'm sorry two bugs have ruined your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Not a very great upgrade? *chuckles*

We're not here to support the WON version of Half-Life. The mod is designed for STEAM Half-Life only.

I'm sorry two bugs have ruined your experience.
    OK, but as i said before, -num_edicts 4096, much ppl can't or don't want to use it. It will follow much "Help, i droped on this map" or "Drop these maps from serverlist pls", it's not very interesting for server creators.
    Anitalink.com
    Жизнь порой несправедлива... но любовь придаёт этой несправедливости смысл...
    Life is unfair from time to time... But love gives a sense to this injustice...

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by @n!t@ View Post
    Anitalink.com verdict:

In SC 4.5 much problems fixed (very good), but it got very much new problems like uzis unstopable shooting, fast reloading of uzis wasn't fixed, new maps with unknown crashes (like Jumper) and, of course, new crappy limit -num_edicts 4096, which can't work in 47th hl protocol and much ppl can't or don't want to use it.
    So, not very great upgrade, but playable for some ppl...
    OK, but as i said before, -num_edicts 4096, much ppl can't or don't want to use it. It will follow much "Help, i droped on this map" or "Drop these maps from serverlist pls", it's not very interesting for server creators.
    lol, move away from WON then. Our product is neither designed or intended to work on the WON system, so don't come here complaining when it goes wrong.

This setting works fine in Steam. You're just going to have to upgrade like the majority of us already has.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    lol, move away from WON then. Our product is neither designed or intended to work on the WON system, so don't come here complaining when it goes wrong.

This setting works fine in Steam. You're just going to have to upgrade like the majority of us already has.
    You're not hear me. i speak about all players, and of course, about steam players too.
    Anitalink.com

You're not hear me. i speak about all players, and of course, about steam players too.
    Doesn't matter.

Sven Co-op v4.5 officially supports only Steam and strictly not WON. Period.

Microsoft won't do anything for you if you're still using Windows 95, support for which has been long deprecated.

If you have a problem with that, then grow up and get with the program, because reality will not work the way you would like it to.

Eh... you see only what you want... I said "Steam users too". If you don't want to speak about problem, i will stop help to support. See ya guys and good luck.
    Anitalink.com

Contributor

bugs or not, thats normal. still being the best sven ever

edit: wait what, for which i posted onto
    Last edited by RNG; 11-09-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Alright, so if we talk about Steam, what is the problem? Yes, admittedly there are some bugs in v4.5, as there are in every version (and probably a couple still remaining from the previous version). Sorry about that.

The -num_edicts 4096 is not a "crappy new limit" because it extends the limit. If you don't have this, some maps won't work because they are way over the normal engine limits.

Yes, I agree it is an inconvenience to have to place that in the launcher, and yes, I would agree that there would be some clueless people as to what "-num_edicts 4096" is and how to use it. Unfortunately there is nothing more that can be done other than to have picture-based and video walkthroughs as to applying that, right now anyway.

Valve is supposed to implement a feature into liblist.gam file where num_edicts could be set there, but because Valve is slow and they do not have priority on older games (ie. Half-life, which is what Sven Co-op runs on), it might take several weeks to several months for Valve to actually update the game. When this happens, Sven Co-op will be updated so that you do not have to put -num_edicts 4096.

As far as WON, if you get any problems there, officially there is no support for it (however, it does not hurt to ask, just incase there happens to be someone on the forums or reading these forums that knows the answers and whatnot). Related to bugs and glitches caused mainly because you're using WON and not Steam -- can't help you there. :X

Manager

As people have already highlighted:

1.) We gave people simple directions on how to add -num_edicts 4096 to the launcher.
    2.) It only has to be done one time!
    3.) It extends the limit from 900-1000 entities to 4,096 entities!
    4.) After the next Half-Life engine update by Valve, no one will ever have to enter -num_edicts 4096 to the launch options again.
    5.) The -num_edicts parameter doesn't exist on the WON version of Half-Life. Adding it to the WON version of Half-Life will result in the following: absolutely nothing.

If Sven Co-op works for you on the WON Half-Life engine, that's great. Happy day. If it doesn't: the entire development team does not give a flying crap because we've said over and over and over and over and over Steam Half-Life is required to play the game.

Huzzah!

Contributor

You probably should talk to arg from steamlessproject. He helped me reverse engineer WON version once to fix a minimum required memory false positive bug.

Manager

and, of course, new crappy limit -num_edicts 4096, which can't work in 47th hl protocol and much ppl can't or don't want to use it.
    So, not very great upgrade, but playable for some ppl...
    Note that -num_edicts 4096 has been required since SC4.0B (see 4.0B installer message). We just drew more attention to it this time because we can no longer set Steam launch options automatically.
    Sven Viking

Sven Co-op animator, beta tester, halfway decent modeler WAR_Nuker's Avatar

no reason to use WON these days, but if you are hellbent there are probably workarounds and you can probably get a good amount of maps working. just dont know who will play it with you.

is there a reason you are still using WON, @n!t@?

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    You probably should talk to arg from steamlessproject. He helped me reverse engineer WON version once to fix a minimum required memory false positive bug.
    Thank you

is there a reason you are still using WON, @n!t@?
    Hm... It's not correctly WON, it's just previous protocol version of half-life. The reason: very much ppl in russia, ukraine, poland, some ppl in germany, armenia, romania, chezh republic etc play standalone version of half-life or mostly counter-strike 1.6. some of these ppl find some info about sven coop, install it and... they see 6 servers: my server of sc 4.5, sc 3.5, dimaxa's 4.07 and some patan.ar servers (if you try to run hl or cs 1.6 on 47th protocol, you can find something like 2000 servers for this). Why so much ppl play cs.16 & hl on 47th protocol? When steam release their 47th hl, much ppl find what steam is not very interesting because they need to pay for games, because steam need much resourses, you need fast internet connection for downloading their upgrades etc. and some groups like cs.rin.ru & csmania.ru start their standalone projects: standalone hl & cs 1.6. After very long time steam release their update - 48th protocol, but standalone hl & cs 1.6 was very popular, so much ppl don't want to find any way for upgrades, they just play on 47th servers. but some ppl like me got some interesting way to for servers for playing it from 47th & new 48th or steam 48th clients. Now these servers most popular because there play much ppl from steam and non-steam (you can find some statistic of my anitalink.com & aimaster.ru hl & cs servers and you can see what my hl2 & hl steam\non-steam server have 1st or 2nd place in the world)... So, you got answer to your question?
    And what about old non-fixed problems: i'm just show you what you may try to do, i'm sorry if it was very hard shouting (sory & sorry again ). And what about -num_edicts:
    Valve is supposed to implement a feature into liblist.gam file where num_edicts could be set there
    OK, thank you for answer, so now you can't use this parameter in liblist, right? OK, let's waiting for this, because it will be great what players no need any more changes in running shortcuts (as i said before, some ppl can't or don't want to use it). Now i'm experimenting with updates for standalone hl client part and now it looks perfect: player need to update his client from 47th to 48th standalone and voila! -num_edict parameter work! But other side of this medal what not all ppl want to update their hl\cs.16 because some of cs\hl servers where they like to play have 47th protocol only. So thank you guys for your answers and good luck, because big project like yours need it Thank you!
    Last edited by @n!t@; 11-09-2010 at 05:18 AM.
    Anitalink.com

much ppl find what steam is not very interesting because they need to pay for games
    hmmm......

Manager

Basically he's admitted he pirated the game.

He is complaining that he can't play Sven Co-op properly because it doesn't work on his pirated version.

LOL. Half-Life costs $10, buy it.

Contributor

nah he/she has a legal half-life, some people still dont or have a decent internet connection to run steam
    Last edited by RNG; 11-09-2010 at 02:14 PM.

still, the following holds true for just about everyone:

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    LOL. Half-Life costs $10, buy it.

Banned

if you can play on WON servers you have a decent enough connection for steam

???????

it basically comes down to "i don't want to spend 10 bucks"

TOUGH SHIT

the REAL pwnage

Some people happen to live in the poorest areas of Africa you know, not everyone is well off like svenviking
    Thus spoke Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Some people happen to live in the poorest areas of Africa you know, not everyone is well off like svenviking
    I would be surprised if someone of such poverty even had a computer capable of running a Half-Life, let alone Sven Co-op (a tad more demanding on CPU, memory, GPU, and HDD).. oh, and let alone decent internet to play it online, but I suppose there would be neighborhood LANs.. wait, where do you get the cabling and find that many more computers? Ugh.

Contributor

but I suppose there would be neighborhood LANs.. wait, where do you get the cabling and find that many more computers? Ugh.
    by having IRL friends?

ahh I love it when people decide they need to resort to stereotyping >.>

Banned

pretty sure if you can afford a computer and internet you can afford an extra 10 bucks for a video game

pirating a 10 dollar game is unjustifiable

Quote Originally Posted by Cocyx View Post
    pretty sure if you can afford a computer and internet you can afford an extra 10 bucks for a video game

pirating a 10 dollar game is unjustifiable
    So why do you pirate audio cd's?

Banned

because the record industry is incredibly corrupted in comparison to the video game industry

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast