Thread: SVEN CO-OP VERSION 4.5 RELEASED !

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Opher <--find me

Re: SVEN CO-OP VERSION 4.5 RELEASED !

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    I think I've played all the maps a thousand times, and no I've been fed with many more. You guys are LEGEN - wait for it - DARY!
    But tell me, can I play the originial Half-Life 1 campaign, coop with a friend now ? Or more friends ?
    Not sure what u meant in the changelog.
    Yes you can, if you install the half life 1 support when installing your sven coop it should work without a problem. then just host a listen server and your good to go

Quote Originally Posted by gotdeagle123 View Post
    Yes you can, if you install the half life 1 support when installing your sven coop it should work without a problem. then just host a listen server and your good to go
    Okey, nice ! Thanks
    But how does it work when saving and loading ? Do we start at the same place with same ammo and HP ? I doubt it

Sven Co-op animator, beta tester, halfway decent modeler WAR_Nuker's Avatar

play map -HL_OpFor_SP_Portal.bsp to select a chapter. requires a minimum of two players.

no saving of weapons or health. just run through it. the maps were balanced to compensate for no health/ammo saving.

Dear Sven co-op team.

I am a long time fan of your work - I'm not sure I've ever said it, but the work is great, and I have wasted many an evening/day/weekend playing it (well, its not really wasted).

4.5? Best yet. When I was back at school my friends and I had a regular thursday evening Sven night, every week, and it often got played plenty more besides, sitting in a cramped room with a LAN and not enough seats.
    When a new release came out we eagerly downloaded it, and would spend a while configuring it.
    We also rated every map we played - and I think we played most of them (not anymore mind, there appear to be thousands of maps now - which is no bad thing!)

Many years later, some of us are hundreds of miles (and countries) apart, but with the beauty of Sven (and skype) we are still able to come together to crowbar some zombies.

So thanks guys - keep up the good work!
    I dont why i bother

Where is 3.0? It was much better than 4.5. Graphics wise. Community wise and gameplay wise.

No, I'm not trolling you on graphics. I feel strongly that HL1 Graphics are much better than this fancy fancy high definition shit.

Ent mod doesn't work on 4.5 properly. Theres no servers for it. XP Mod doesn't work on it theres no mod support anymore and barely any maps are being released. Face it Sven. 4.5 killed Sven Coop. Release 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    No, I'm not trolling you on graphics. I feel strongly that HL1 Graphics are much better than this fancy fancy high definition shit.
    There is a LD model pack available here.

Release 3.0.
    It has already been released.
    http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/..._Install;21902

Tester

Where is 3.0? It was much better than 4.5. Graphics wise. Community wise and gameplay wise.

Ent mod doesn't work on 4.5 properly. Theres no servers for it. XP Mod doesn't work on it theres no mod support anymore and barely any maps are being released. Face it Sven. 4.5 killed Sven Coop. Release 3.0.
    I see, not updating the game gets you more players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf View Post
    I see, not updating the game gets you more players.
    Yeah. Releasing shitty updates that almost entirely consist of a high definition pack that was looming around for ages tends to lose you players also. The more you know~

Sven killed off his own mod and he even jokes about it in his april fools jokes. Donations are just him turning sven into a cash cow. This game won't be fixed. Not by Sven.

Yeah. Releasing shitty updates that almost entirely consist of a high definition pack that was looming around for ages tends to lose you players also. The more you know~

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
    There is a LD model pack available here.
    RELAX

Quote Originally Posted by WAR_Nuker View Post
    RELAX
    Face it man 4.5 killed off Sven Coop. We used to have 80+ servers all populated at one point. Now we just barely populate 10, and even at that...thats peak times.

Maps rarely come out. Little to no mod support and the playerbase is extremely inactive. 3.0 was MUCH better.

Even releasing this killed off 3.0's community.

Manager

Yup, us sevencoop devs are just swimming around in donation money.

Tester

Face it man 4.5 killed off Sven Coop. We used to have 80+ servers all populated at one point. Now we just barely populate 10, and even at that...thats peak times.

Maps rarely come out. Little to no mod support and the playerbase is extremely inactive. 3.0 was MUCH better.

Even releasing this killed off 3.0's community.
    Or maby, just maby its becouse this mod is freaking old and its a mod to a game that is old and the community is slowly moving to other games. If sc4 would not have been releasd there would be less players than there is now.

3.0 did not have any mod support. It was all up to the mod creator.

Also, XP mod is the problem. It's pretty much on all servers. When players get tired of it they have few or no options left and so they stop playing.

Oracle, when did v. 4.0 have 80+ servers all populated? And when did v. 3.0 have 80+ servers populated?

Manager

By the way, I think you need to put things a little in perspective. At the moment Sven Co-op is the second most popular non-retail Half-life 1 mod. Seen this way, Sven co-op has never been more popular.

I'm sorry you don't like it. Can't please everyone.

troll'd

but if youre serious theres like 4 people that play 3.0 on WON2 so try that

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
    3.0 did not have any mod support. It was all up to the mod creator.

Also, XP mod is the problem. It's pretty much on all servers. When players get tired of it they have few or no options left and so they stop playing.

Oracle, when did v. 4.0 have 80+ servers all populated? And when did v. 3.0 have 80+ servers populated?
    v3.0 was more in the era of Half-life's hayday, you know, when Half-Life 2 and other modern games were still being developed (or not yet developed).

v4.0 came after the zerg rush in Half-life and Half-life modding was in progress of ending.

Do you smell what I smell? Walter's Avatar

IM SVEN COOP 3.0
    SON OF A B**** 4.5
    4.5 IS PIG
    DO YOU WANT REVIVE?
    DO YOU WANT GRAPHICS?
    4.5 IS PIG DISGUSTING
    SVEN VIKING IS MURDERER
    F***ING DEVELOPING TEAM
    Last edited by Walter; 14-05-2011 at 02:11 PM.

no-one commented on the beauty of SirSnake's post, glad you have so much fun with SvenCoop, tis grand fun indeed.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

Post Re: SVEN CO-OP VERSION 4.5 RELEASED !

The old map packs are not working well, lan games consecutively loaded and never enter, no way to fix it? I have to use compulsory or new maps?. What is the answer you want does not matter!, is a wonderful game, congratulations, I have years playing it. Greetings!

could you be more specific kurtrock, what maps are giving you the error and what error.. also where are you downloading the packs from?
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

The post #116 of mine have been updated. I weren't aware of the problem that 32-bit 7-Zip couldn't understand a 7z made by 64-bit 7-Zip if the dictionary size exceeded the max 64MB available in the 32-bit one, for which I created the packs again (in Maximum compression instead of Ultra since the latter takes ages and makes 0b-1KB difference, rarely many KB) on LZMA2 and dictionary size 64MB, and also will from now onwards make MD5 checksum to verify the files. The files' size didn't change much.
    Jouni "Rautamiekka" Järvinen
    - ClanLeader of PlusLINE ServerClan
    - Main Admin of ZoltanSoftware

Quote Originally Posted by Nih View Post
    Yup, us sevencoop devs are just swimming around in donation money.
    Technically speaking, can you buy me a 1000$ worht a games and 10 000$ computer, because technically you are a millionaires who live in a mansion or even space ship hovering above the earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nih View Post
    By the way, I think you need to put things a little in perspective. At the moment Sven Co-op is the second most popular non-retail Half-life 1 mod. Seen this way, Sven co-op has never been more popular.

I'm sorry you don't like it. Can't please everyone.
    Actually whole Half-Life and goldsource is losing pupularity due to new games coming in. This is not 2004 or something. Besides how many years can you play the same game, eventually it will be only a hardcore gamers left. And even they fade away. Eventually it will be like doom that kind of a vegetates on, still having some players left. But has so little players, that you can probably know most of them by theyr nickname by yourself if you start memorizing them!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Exclamation Re: SVEN CO-OP VERSION 4.5 RELEASED !

Quote Originally Posted by BMT View Post
    could you be more specific kurtrock, what maps are giving you the error and what error.. also where are you downloading the packs from?
    Sorry for not responding in time, the error is that when a player tries to enter the play of another, when this "loading" and the line reaches the end, enters the game for 1 second, then starts to reload a and again, and never enters the play. Understand me?, Excuse me explain a strange way, I am using a translator that does not speak English. The pack's official page download, and were as follows: "RE: Covert Operations" - "RE: The Awakening part 1" - "Resident Evil Outbreak 1" - "Classic Map Pack". Greetings!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456