Name:	polar_rescue-2017-05-05-0016.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	288.9 KB 
ID:	17723
    ALL the pipes.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Re: Polar Rescue

Hey, I love your map/s, this one in particular I play a lot. I want to be brief so I'm only going to report on bugs, which I guess at the end of the day are objective in and of themselves. There are a few critical things that prevent people from finishing this map:
    1. Since the last major update, and the subsequent update fixing some problems with it, you cannot get the scientists (hostages) to follow you. Hitting the use key does not work and they walk around freely and generally congregate near the lift. This is the most critical point and prevents (as far as I know) anyone from being able to complete the map in its current state.
    2. Prior to this, in my experience, there is a high likelihood that either the lift or the dome for the landing pad get stuck and are unable to move preventing the map from being finished. I believe it just reports back that the lift/landing doors are busy, from memory.

That's all that I remember for now, everything else works fine. Thank you.

Manager

1) This would be code level. Something may have been changed in the A.I. to make friendly NPCs less "followy", which we'll need to look into. (Not sure if someone may have adjusted the node searching.)

You can however aid this in game by using commands "npc_return" and "npc_moveto". The former will instruct all following NPCs that they should immediately try their best to get back to your location. The latter lets you instruct following NPCs to move to where you are pointing. (You'll see a spark.) -- "npc_moveto" is definitely useful for getting NPCs to go somewhere specific in a tight place.

Those commands are both bindable (mine are C and V respectively), and can be chosen in the game options or set via the console.

2) I think one of our other team members amended this for the current or previous release? It might need more work though. -- That's the landing pad cover.

I've not known the lift to become stuck so that it becomes completely unmovable. It'd be interesting to see how to get that to happen.

Unfortunately I don't have a good quality map source for the current 5.0 build, and other team members have done entity work (RIPENT) since... My only good RMF is for the new experimental one, so I'll definitely work any fixes into that.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Hi my friend. Thanks for replying and your work.

For point 1 I think maybe you misunderstood what I said, not sure, but I will try to write it more verbose to make it clear:
    The bots do not even respond to hitting the "+use" command (default key 'e'). What I mean is, when you usually hit "+use" on a bot they say something like "I hope you know what you're doing" or "yes sir!", and then follow you, but they don't even do that, you are completely ignored. Because of this they are not even capable of responding to those commands you mentioned which I am fully familiar with and use on a regular basis. In this case no bot related commands are applicable because you can't even activate the bots in the first place. I may have made this report confusing by adding the extra detail of the fact that consistently, without any user help, the bots will generally congregate near the lift, but this is of their own accord and really nothing to do with the problem, just an extra detail I mentioned. We usually just end the map by blowing up one of the nukes. This problem happens both on my listen server and on dedicated servers I play on. I have managed to box one of the bots inside the lift but didn't have anyone there to hit the button, besides, you have to get all five bots on at once or risk a scientists falling into the hole underneath which could be considered a bug itself. Maybe it needs a little automatic gate like at the start of toonrun... except one that doesn't crush people

For point 2 I haven't had this problem lately, maybe something changed on that but I've been meaning to report that in my next set of feedback to the team and took this opportunity to mention it here. Because we can't currently get the bots to the end, we don't get to use the lift much and never the landing pad cover. This specific report pertains to the map function prior to the major NPC update (the one that fixed medic revives), where it was possible to make it to the end of the map.

Thank you.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    For point 1 I think maybe you misunderstood what I said, not sure, but I will try to write it more verbose to make it clear:
    The bots do not even respond to hitting the "+use" command (default key 'e'). What I mean is, when you usually hit "+use" on a bot they say something like "I hope you know what you're doing" or "yes sir!", and then follow you, but they don't even do that, you are completely ignored. Because of this they are not even capable of responding to those commands you mentioned which I am fully familiar with and use on a regular basis. In this case no bot related commands are applicable because you can't even activate the bots in the first place. I may have made this report confusing by adding the extra detail of the fact that consistently, without any user help, the bots will generally congregate near the lift, but this is of their own accord and really nothing to do with the problem, just an extra detail I mentioned. We usually just end the map by blowing up one of the nukes. This problem happens both on my listen server and on dedicated servers I play on. I have managed to box one of the bots inside the lift but didn't have anyone there to hit the button, besides, you have to get all five bots on at once or risk a scientists falling into the hole underneath which could be considered a bug itself. Maybe it needs a little automatic gate like at the start of toonrun... except one that doesn't crush people
    Ohhh, you're saying you can't even +use the hostages to make them follow you at all? That sounds like a much more serious issue, which might not be related to the map, particularly as none of them have scripts.

Have you tried to make the late arriving backup soldiers follow you? These have a random chance of appearing: One is on floor B1 repelling from a ceiling vent outside of the office, and the other two blast through a wall in the bridge control room on floor B2.

Also do you run any plug-ins or map modifications?

I only ask as this issue would have definitely been picked up in our internal testing if there was one with the vanilla map/game.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

• I will get back to you with the "backup soldiers" if they ever appear while I'm playing (I have seen them and they do appear just not always as you said it's random).
    • As far as plugins, for my listen server I only use the teleport plugin that ships with the game where you can save your location with a command like "/s" and teleport with "/t" (I know I changed one of these from the default) and this plugin which I use to give more ammo reserve for 9mm and 357. I also make small mods in the skill.cfg: shockroach damage, medkit heal amount and NPC hive hand damage.
    • The dedicated server I played on is vanilla with maybe a mod of increasing medkit heal amount and no actual plugins that I'm aware of. It's called "Sven Co-op 5.0 server" and their MOTD says "www.ArtexGaming.net". I'm pretty sure I've played Polar Rescue on one of these servers.
    • To be clear, I have been playing this map in the past and completing it before the major patch I mentioned. I can 100% guarantee I had those plugins activated/installed before the major patch. I can't 100% guarantee if I was completing the map since installing the ammo plugin on the 24 June 2017 (which is fairly close to the patch), but I think it is HIGHLY LIKELY, since the servers I was playing on never played that map and suddenly it came up and I was like, damn I miss that map and was playing the heck out of it and that's why I noticed the problem because after the patch this problem came up.
    • With all respect, the testers didn't pick up the bug where medics weren't healing until much later so in my opinion they aren't as reliable as you may think, but after all this is the nature of software and part of the process.

Okay, so to test further and try and answer the question about the "backup soldiers" I voted polar rescue onto the server "[ES] Vanilla Sven Co-op [www.ES.FXGaming.org]" which is much like the other dedicated server I described above, no crazy mods but I have a feeling the guy uses ripent to make some small mods. The results were different to what I have experienced before and described above so it's very noteworthy. Only the second set of "backup soldiers" arrived on level 2 (bottom most floor) and they were able to respond to my commands and worked as they should. When we got to the scientists there were mixed results. The scientists this time would actually reply to the "+use" command but they would mostly say "Oh no!" and even if they started to say something else it would cut back to "Oh no!". Despite this, one bot was able to follow me and I was able to issue "move to" commands to it, but the others were unresponsive. This particular bot was still saying "Oh no!". This was NOT limited to my interaction, another helpful player reported to me that he couldn't move the bots and they were just saying "Oh no!" for him as well.

I hope this helps, thank you.

I figured it out. Just remove keyvalue "classify" "11" from all "hostage" entities.

Manager

11 is player ally. That shouldn't be needed as those NPCs should already be player allied. This might be doubling up ending with them not being allied to you, which would explain why you can't +use them.

Nice find though, I'll take this out of our internal version, if it's there.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12