Thread: Stable Metamod

Stable Metamod

Hello guys! Maybe someone has a stable metamode for Sven Coop 5.16?

Re: Stable Metamod

There's nothing wrong with the Metamod-P build pinned at the top of this forum, it still works fine on the latest build of SC5.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the Metamod-P build pinned at the top of this forum, it still works fine on the latest build of SC5.
    I understand, but with this metamod, I'm terribly hampered by some maps. Increases ping, falls FPS. What could be the problem?

Low client side frame rates is not a server problem. It's either related to the map (poor design, bad optimization or styles lights) or because the client's hardware isn't up to the task of running the HL engine. Intel and AMD GPUs are known to have issues in the HL engine, especially with styles lights. You can try the console command "r_dynamic 0" on the client to see if your frame rate stabilizes.

High pings may be related to a recently discovered engine bug that Metamod exacerbates, but there is no known fix yet.

If you're using a linux server, metamod causes major lag on many maps since version 5.12 I believe. On windows it works as normal. Had to disable all my linux servers after a recent update and switch to windows for all of my servers.

You can basically recompile normal metamod, but to my knowledge, no one has 'maintained' it by manually adding the new entities and things to the hardcoded linked ent list.

I agree there are some things normal metamod does more stable, but metamod-p grabbing ents dynamically has been the future for mods (especially ones like this with custom ents being introduced constantly, and not having them could cause huge issues).

Tbh a good project to do is to combine metamod-p onto metamod's stable base and then dynamically loop through ents, adding any one that is not already added. It's something I could probably get done in a few hours but not sure if the reward/want is there except for like 1 or 2 people lol.
    BLEH. BLEHEG
    BLEHHEGLAH!!!!!!!!! O.o

Banned

There are more than a few people who need a stable version of meta mod, apparently its impacting lots of servers? If this is the same issue that was being talked about a few days ago.

I am also told that this metamod thing, only has these nasty side effects on svencoop, not other mods. Probly the NPC loop thing? idk. Hail Sven Co-op.