Thread: [Pack] Low-Def models and sounds for Sven Co-op 4.8

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
+ Reply to Thread

Re: [Pack] Low-Def models and sounds for Sven Co-op 4.8

Really? I'm testing this out with several friends and I've not heard of this issue.

What map were you playing on?

Been playing since 2000, Joined the threads late, Still killin and having fun even. Better late than never. Darkassassin198's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendostar View Post
    I decided to go ahead and fix this pack up for Sven Co-op 5.0. There aren't many outstanding issues with this pack in SC5.0, but I noticed a few things.

Here's the download link.

To install, simply place the contents of the .zip into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop
    I ask could you fix up the HD one too? kinda weird to pump the shotgun when it's not pumpable but now fullauto.
    Did you know...if you touch a wall you run faster?

now try it with crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkassassin198 View Post
    I ask could you fix up the HD one too? kinda weird to pump the shotgun when it's not pumpable but now fullauto.
    The HD shogun appears to be modeled after the irl SPAS12 which is both pump action as well as semi-automatic.

Been playing since 2000, Joined the threads late, Still killin and having fun even. Better late than never. Darkassassin198's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Pingwin View Post
    The HD shogun appears to be modeled after the irl SPAS12 which is both pump action as well as semi-automatic.
    I know but it's weird to pump it and not hear the pump once you fire it full auto once.

now try it with crates.

The HD pack on the main page is not intended to be used with Sven Co-op 5.0. If you want to revert back to HD, verify the integrity of Sven's game cache on Steam. That will restore the HD content that you want.

The HD pack on the main page is not intended to be used with Sven Co-op 5.0. If you want to revert back to HD, verify the integrity of Sven's game cache on Steam. That will restore the HD content that you want.
    By going to the default sven weapons? I never really liked them. never liked the look of them nor the hands, felt...weird really, thanks though.

now try it with crates.

Updated pack seems to work, thanks!
    It has one issue though.
    The Heavy weapons Grunt has a sidearm now for when he needs to dash away when hurt, and the model in the pack doesn't include a model or animations for it. At least functioning ones.
    Thanks for the rest though, woulda been a pain to fix em myself.

In addition to what Crack said, it appears that both the HECU and Black Ops Apache, as well as the Black Ops Osprey, have a HD model in Sven Coop 5.0. Care to update the fix so that it has all three of these aircraft converted to LD? Thanks.

Oh, and also, I noticed that Evil Otis is in HD, too, so he'll need his LD alternative (unless that was already addressed in the fix above).

I'll get to work on these issues soon.

Evil Otis SHOULD be fixed with the latest update. Otis and Evil Otis did not have HD models in SC 4.8 but they do now so I provided the model from Opposing Force. I also made my own Evil Otis texture, it shouldn't look too different from original Evil Otis textures.

I think if I want to continue working on this, I'll need to start porting up models from SC's earlier versions instead of making my own, so downloading older releases to do that will be the next course of action.

Please inform me of any additional issues you find and I will try my best to fix them.

func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

Thanks for updating this pack Nintendostar! I look forward to using it once the remaining issues are fixed.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    Thanks for updating this pack Nintendostar! I look forward to using it once the remaining issues are fixed.
    hello,
    please create news file name (5.0 LD Model Patch) & (5.0 HD Model Patch)
    thanks

i host your files
    http://tu3sday.svencoop.org/
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

A new update. This fixes the minigunner, apache, and osprey, as reported to me here.

Here is the download.

The minigunner's pistol animations are temporary. If you notice some nasty distortion when you're up close to the heavy weapons grunt's right arm, I am aware of this bug. It will be fixed in the next update. I just wanted this bugfix out there as quickly as possible so that it is playable.
    Last edited by Nintendostar; 27-01-2016 at 01:16 AM.

A new update. This fixes the minigunner, apache, and osprey, as reported to me here.

Here is the download.

The minigunner's pistol animations are temporary. If you notice some nasty distortion when you're up close to the heavy weapons grunt's right arm, I am aware of this bug. It will be fixed in the next update. I just wanted this bugfix out there as quickly as possible so that it is playable.
    Thank you very much!
    By the way, you can install this pack by placing it into svenco-op/svencoop_addons instead of sven co-op/svencoop in order to not have to replace anything. Just delete the files when you're done and it'll auto revert without any re-installation! Might want to change the readme

Thanks, I'll do just that.

More bugs.
    Some of them subtle.
    The grunts, both Rgrunts and Hgrunts, sometimes use the wrong gun model.
    Furthermore, Rgrunts sometimes don't play the correct die animation, and instead start a walk cycle when dead. Rgrunts also use Mp5 firing sounds no matter what gun they're using, M16 or MP5.
    Edit : Also, sometimes the skin color of a grunt's body and head won't match. Black head on white bodies or vice versa.
    Edit 2 : Lastly, this isn't much of a problem, more a request. Could someone convert the Op4 grunt models to work as hgrunts/rpg grunts too? So they're not distinguishable from one-another? I ask because a lot of maps mix them and they clash pretty bad.
    Last edited by Crack; 29-01-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Exclamation Re: [Pack] Low-Def models and sounds for Sven Co-op 4.8

Hello,
    So I'm using the up to date Low-Def model pack (Nintendostar) and it seems to cause Sven Coop to silently crash on the map crystal right at the starting area.
    I tried it without the pack, map works fine. Then with the pack, it crashes.

It also crashed for me on another map, but can't remember the name of it but you teleport into a small room, double wooden door infront, vent/hole above it. It crashed as I was going through the vent/hole, which of course blocked other players.

On that map I think I remember there being an Otis on the other side of the door. Also on crystal there's a dead Otis just in front of the starting area, by the chair.
    I tried to see if Good Otis and Bad Otis would crash on stadium4 but they seem to work fine there.

Anybody else have this Otis problem?

Edit: Little update, Still crashes with the new Sven Coop update, however, I removed the Low-Def otis.mdl and otisf.mdl and used the Sven-Coop models instead. crystal seems to work fine again now. Have not crashed since.
    Last edited by Darkvapour; 30-01-2016 at 07:21 AM. Reason: adding more information.

So, I did some stuff.
    I changed the default Hgrunt to use the Op4 grunt mesh, so they match for the most part.
    However; op4 grunts have green helmets, half-life grunts have camo helmets that match their fatigues to have a subtle way to tell them apart.(Also a callback to HL1 standard grunts)
    I couldn't quite fix the issue where heads sometimes mis-matched skin colors, so I just made all the grunts white.
    Also, Sven co-op added support for hgrunts to use the sniper rifle, so I added the LD sniper rifle to his weapon group. The lack of which could've been causing weapon errors.
    Friendly and enemy versions included.
    Screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/Bs9yt0M.jpg
    Edit : Added a few missing sequences
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Crack; 30-01-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Thank you, Crack. I'll include your hgrunt model in the next release as a fix, if you don't mind.

Darkvapour, I'll look into this Otis issue for the next update.

Sorry for the delay, I got a big batch of models to include in the next release but my friend has been busy with some work so we haven't got the last bit done as soon as I thought. There'll be an update soon, promise. Beyond the batch of models, there's some minor issues with yet a few more missing LD item pickups, which is something I'll work on within the next day.

Just fixed the Rgrunt.

Was missing a death sequence and MP5 model.
    It has both now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nintendostar,

For the upcoming version, could it be possible to make the HeavyWeapons Grunt look like the sven 3.0 version? Including the player minigun v/w/p models.

I believe we can all agree the 3.0 version is the "stock" version we have all learned to know and love, regardless if the model quality is way more advanced than the LD standards.

Not some half-life beta-esque monstrosity that came out of nowhere. (apologies to whoever implemented these models)

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-met View Post
    Nintendostar,

For the upcoming version, could it be possible to make the HeavyWeapons Grunt look like the sven 3.0 version? Including the player minigun v/w/p models.

I believe we can all agree the 3.0 version is the "stock" version we have all learned to know and love, regardless if the model quality is way more advanced than the LD standards.

Not some half-life beta-esque monstrosity that came out of nowhere. (apologies to whoever implemented these models)
    I'll look into it.

I'll look into it.
    I got a question, could you possibly include a alt mp5? In the files there is a p_mp5 but there is no V model for it, could you make that a alt for the ld mp5 if people would want it?

now try it with crates.

Heya
    About the Hgrunt.
    Maybe could be something like this? (Opfor ones with HL heads) Opcional of course (Crack ones looks cool)
    http://puu.sh/n8JmB/1f4af0f51a.jpg
    I still have this but can't remember from who or where since i got it years ago.
    Last edited by VitorHunter; 15-02-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Contributor

To anyone currently working on models, plz if you can include mouth controller:
    http://the303.org/tutorials/gold_flappyjaws.htm

Fun fact, many old sven playermodels models Ive seen actually already have mouth bones and skinned geometry but lack to controller to use it!

Found a problem with LD otis from the pack.
    http://puu.sh/napgq/84de5c796b.jpg Also it took me some seconds to take that picture because that otis was making my game freeze.
    I'm afraid that other models can have similiar problems.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
+ Reply to Thread