Thread: RCBot for 4.5 Released!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

RCBot for 4.5 Released!

Cheeseh has just released RCBot for SC 4.5! Here it is:

rcbot_mm.dll (SC 4.5 only)
    rcbot_mm.dll (SC 4.6)

Since the above link is just the new .dll file. I made a little pack that'll install metamod-p and RCBot without you having to figure it out yourself. This pack also includes 41 bot profiles, 437 waypoint sets and some useful command binds:

Bot pack

Extra waypoints

If any one has waypoint requests for maps then post on the RCBot forum here.

Edit: Added new version for 4.6
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 11-08-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Re: RCBot for 4.5 Released!

Uh, so this is for v4.0x and not v4.5?

It says SC4 so i kind of assumed it was for 4.0x also but it works just fine with 4.5. They don't crash when wielding the new weapons, but they don't use them either.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    However, there is either something wrong with metamod-p, SC 4.5, or this new RCBot because I haven't been able to complete a map without the game crashing yet (only tried 3 so far though). Maybe someone else can test this, because I might be a special case.
    It's going to be RCBot. I've got 5 servers, soon to be more, all running SC 4.5 or 4.6+ and Metamod-P. None of them crash on every map.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

lolz, RCBot developer lagging behind by 1 release.

Ok after some more testing I've gotten some positive results. I was able to completely waypoint a couple maps and have the bots play through it without a crash, and also have 23 bots complete megamonstermassacre with me (quite intense, actually). The crashes seem to come out of nowhere, usually when not that much is going on. A few times I crashed 10 seconds into the level, and replaying it I was able to finish without problems.

Anyway, these bots are great for testing your own maps to see how they would play with a few players, or even dozens of them. Sometimes I prefer playing with bots to playing online because you don't have to deal with xpmod, lag, dumb players, etc.

I'll bet this could help with your 2000 ping situation, Qwerty :P
    Love,
    w00tguy

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    Ok after some more testing I've gotten some positive results. I was able to completely waypoint a couple maps and have the bots play through it without a crash, and also have 23 bots complete megamonstermassacre with me (quite intense, actually). The crashes seem to come out of nowhere, usually when not that much is going on. A few times I crashed 10 seconds into the level, and replaying it I was able to finish without problems.

Anyway, these bots are great for testing your own maps to see how they would play with a few players, or even dozens of them. Sometimes I prefer playing with bots to playing online because you don't have to deal with xpmod, lag, dumb players, etc.

I'll bet this could help with your 2000 ping situation, Qwerty :P
    Please produce a wootman123's Bot Kit with waypoints already generated for all teh maps, and install instructions. :P

I'm pretty sure my.. *brags* 3.6GHz 2cpu 2core / quadcore 12MB L2-Cache w/ 4GB 1066MHz RAM VM server could handle it.

RAM is my bottleneck from reaching 4GHz and beyond. It's running on air with a 120mm Delta fan pushing air through the megahalems and the heatsink doesn't even get warm.

Wootman123's Bot Kit:

-RCBot for SC 4.5 (the RCBot folder comes from the 1.3 version. 1.4 Beta exists, but I doubt the RCBot folder is much different)
    -41 bot profiles (which means you could have 41 bots playing with you... if the max for any server wasn't 32).
    -342 waypoint sets (I'll bet most of them are poorly done, incomplete, etc.)
    -Useful Binds (a diagram and a file including the commands that you can copy into your config.cfg file)

Download Today!
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 22-09-2010 at 03:10 AM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Thanks!

FYI, I always set maxplayers to 32 and then sv_visiblemaxplayers to 6 (or whatever I want the maxplayers to "look" like); then I couple this with Admin Mod's reserve slot function by doing maxplayers - sv_visiblemaxplayers. Potentially gives me extra entity slots (not sure how this is affected with the edicts 4096 thing), plus I can "change the maxplayers" any time I want to during gameplay.

^ hehe, that should be fun. I suggest megamonstermassacre for mass bots.

So I found out why RCBot is crashing! It is because they cannot use the crowbar, wrench, or the barnacle grapple. They are fine if they're just holding it, but once they make that first swing/grapple the game locks up. Make sure they don't run out of ammo or edit the .cfg files if you really want to play a map. Hopefully Cheeseh has time to fix this.

Edit: oh, and the bots can fire the new weapons after all.
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 15-09-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

SvenCoop Bot AI Developer Cheeseh's Avatar

I've made another DLL which should fix the problem

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloa...SC45_fixed.zip
    - Cheeseh :P

Get SvenCoop's little helpers!

http://rcbot.bots-united.com RCBot

http://rcbot2.sourceforge.net RCBot 2 files + sources

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseh View Post
    I've made another DLL which should fix the problem

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloa...SC45_fixed.zip
    WOO! Straight from Cheesehboy!

Argh! Trying to dl it but I keep getting a corrupted file! Could you post a mirror if you succeed Qwerty?
    Love,
    w00tguy

Thanks, but after failing with that link also I found out that my connection was preventing me from getting the complete file somehow. I connected to through my phone's internet and was able to get it that way.

Anyway, now RCBot crashes as soon as I add a bot...
    Love,
    w00tguy

How do the bots cooperate? Can they even do that or will they just fire at monsters?

Bots explore waypointed paths to waypoints labeled "objective/end of level". They can assist you in making human towers to reach places and you can create squads of bots to follow you. They heal you if you're low on health but can't revive you (...yet). Playing with bots feels like playing with really focused players, but they can be pretty stupid depending on how the waypoints are set up. Oh, and you can talk to them in chat!
    Love,
    w00tguy

Cheeseh just fixed the crowbar/wrench/grapple crashes! RCBot is now completely stable in SC 4.5!

All links have been updated.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Very nice! Thanks Cheeses! The bots seem to be very interested in cockroaches, any possibility to make the bots ignore them?
    miittinki

Contributor

seems even regular npcs seem to be too attracted on roaches, its pretty funny to watch when grunts try shooting and kicking roaches in map and yell ALIEN ALERT TAKE THIS IMA NATURAL BORN ALIEN KILLER

I just finished waypointing the Opposing Force campaign. Bots can complete 20/34 maps without human aid. The maps they can't complete just need a pushable or grunt to be positioned or something (it's all in the .txt file in the .rar). See the first post for the dl link.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Contributor

create list map svencoop RCBot ?

http://scmapdb.com/forum/t-268007/create-tag-rcbot
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

Create a list of maps compatible with RCBot? Sure I'll get started with that, I wanted to see which waypoint sets were actually decent anyway.

Edit: Darn, just noticed a butt load of my waypoints are gone. I used to have nearly every 3.0 map waypointed, and aom used to be there too. Oh, bother
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 25-09-2010 at 12:41 PM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Tagging maps for being compatible with a third party mod seems dumb. If anything, the SCbot website should have a list of which maps it supports. Not the other way around.

That's true, but I think it would be nice to have that kind of info on the DB. It's not like it would take that long to tag the maps (yes, i'm volunteering ).

Anyway, looks like they have a list already (it's a big waypoint pack), here.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast