Thread: [Pack] Opposing Force Hands for Sven Co-op 4.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    Sven Co-op animator, beta tester, halfway decent modeler WAR_Nuker's Avatar

[Pack] Opposing Force Hands for Sven Co-op 4.5

Opposing Force hands for all Sven Co-Op weapons. For now it is HD only. Will get around to LD later.

Finally done with this, although it isn't perfect. I need you guys to take a look and check for bugs. I will update this as we go along with fixing bugs. The goal is to get this in presentable condition so it can be added into the next Sven Co-Op patch.

Also, I don't know how I feel about the skin so if there are any skinners out there please contact me if you think you can improve it. I will send you the necessary development files.

Optional: refer to http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38630 to change your weapon sounds as well.

Happy holidays. Enjoy.

Changelog:
    12/24/10 - First Opposing Force hand patch uploaded

Re: [Pack] Opposing Force Hands for Sven Co-op 4.5

Screens?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

oh right. yeah maybe tomorrow.

Im so glad I found this post, ill check out the Op4 arms but ive really been looking for the origional models. I downloaded a pack and forgot to back up the old ones :/

Awesome!
    Sorry but there's something strange on the m40a1's arm! I don't know how to explain what it is, but look at the point where the arm gets into the glove! Forgive my english please.

it has a weird twisting effect im assuming. same thing with m16. i was havin a hard time with those weapons.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Eh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avui5VdK1pc

LD arms 4u people.

Quote Originally Posted by WAR_Nuker View Post
    it has a weird twisting effect im assuming. same thing with m16. i was havin a hard time with those weapons.
    The arm/glove clipping is due to assignment. Assign the cuff to the wrist/arm joint, not the hand joint. That, and the M16 doesn't work with OF arms, at all.

e:

Your pack is basically what I did*, but with a different (more popular) arm mesh, minus a bunch of minor improvements I did with worse packaging/ordering/alternates.

* Not that I'm saying "loludidnothing", trust me, I know what a pain in the ass it is to work with these models. ESPECIALLY the M9. Yours looks better, the thumb on mine is messed up.
    Last edited by KylerAdams; 12-01-2011 at 03:41 PM.

damn i wish i had known this existed we could have collabed. my next task was to do this same thing with LD arms and weapons. maybe we can work on that. i have all the development files for the LD weapons still.

Quote Originally Posted by KylerAdams View Post
    The arm/glove clipping is due to assignment. Assign the cuff to the wrist/arm joint, not the hand joint. That, and the M16 doesn't work with OF arms, at all.
    yeah i did that on a few other weapons. i dont know why i neglected to do it for m40

As in the LD models on SC4 anims?

Nonono, that doesn't work well. Trust me, I've tried that. You're better off just using the default OF models straight from the GCF. Which, by complete coincidence, I am right now, except for the M16, which I'm using a hacked version of this with a collapsible stock.

If you really want LD models on SC4 anims, I'd suggest using CS1.6 models. They're mostly fully modelled out (except the Galil/FAMAS, but who cares about those) and easy to hack, PLUS you can hack stuff together to get things like this.

check it.

http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38630

just replace the arms. i got them all synced for sc4 compatibility already. and like i said all the dev files are good to go for this task.

Most of the weapons use the same timing/sequences as their HL/OF equivalents, so I just extracted the OF vees and sprites straight from the GCF, hacked up a 16 and used my old SC stuff.

I used LD/MD models for SC3.0 too, so I just reused what I had for that stuff.

... I did use the NPCs there tho. :P

And I hacked up a few other weapons using 1.6 models (Vger 357, auspices shotgun, etc).

Could upload if it'll interest ya. :P

yeah sure ill take a look

COUNTER-STRIKE COOP UNGHH.

gonna kick down the doors to Xen and blow em away

Just the weapon models bro, I'd never use those arms in SC. :P

Quote Originally Posted by WAR_Nuker View Post
    yeah sure ill take a look
    This pack is basically a direct .rar of everything in my svencoop/cs1.6 models folder with the extraneous sauce cut out. If there's anything you like and would like me to finish up, post away, I'll probably get around to it sometime.

Enjoy.

ok this is getting a bit off topic. i will PM you later.

Well, not really. :V

We're talking about Opposing Force arms for SC. Not your pack, but it's related.

Is there any possibility of making an Op4 LD Pack?
    I'm talking about SC 4.5 weapons (minigun, uzis, spore, etc.), because there's op4 LD models for HL's classic weapons. (9mmar, 9mmhand, shotgun, gauss, crossbow, satchel, grenades, crowbar, egon, etc.)

I'm not giving orders to anybody, it's just a question!

more wpoly = more fun Tuesday's Avenger's Avatar  
    Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by robert.- View Post
    Is there any possibility of making an Op4 LD Pack?
    I'm talking about SC 4.5 weapons (minigun, uzis, spore, etc.), because there's op4 LD models for HL's classic weapons. (9mmar, 9mmhand, shotgun, gauss, crossbow, satchel, grenades, crowbar, egon, etc.)

I'm not giving orders to anybody, it's just a question!
    I'm sure War's busy, and he just finished releasing the HD OpFor pack not long ago; I'll see about doing the few refits needed to bring the OpFor hands to LD when I'm more awake tomorrow.

i thought that me and kyler were talking about LD opfor arms with LD weapons unless i completely misunderstood. either way it had been on my todo list from the beginning.

Tuesday: check the devs repo and youll see what i did with this pack. ill try to set you up with a folder for the opfor LD pack soon so you can mess around with it.

Good god people. :V I did this months ago. Like seriously, everything. Sprites, sounds, weapons. I've updated it a bit, but it all works.

FYI, the only new SC weapons are the UZI and M16. Everything else is ripped from OpFor. Codingwise, atleast. That means I can literally extract all the weapons from OF's GCF straight to svencoop/models, and they'll work fine. The Minigun & Medkit are ripped from TFC; extract v_autocannon and v_medkit to SC's model folder, rename the autocannon to minigun.mdl and it'll work.

That doesn't mean they'll work 100% - the shotgun will still use the dualburst anim for autofire and the MP5 will still have an underslung M203 rather than a scope, but they'll all play the proper anims and work as intended.
    As I'm a massive detail/consistency whore, I've also hunted down a bunch of LD models and edited them with OF arms.

I'll upload a modified version of my models shortly.

e: Uploaded!

Extract the HL LD pack first, then copy my pack into the svencoop base folder. It should ask you to overwrite some files. Tell it yes. Launch SC, enjoy.

If you really, -really- want the shotgun's dual burst back, I suggest you hit up the Winged Tavern. It's a decent server, always up with a fairly attentive head admin that still logs on once in a while and usually has some players online at any time. You'll have fun, as long as you don't get a hardon for furry hate. ...then you probably won't enjoy it so much. But whatever.
    Last edited by KylerAdams; 15-01-2011 at 07:44 AM.

"Everything else is ripped from OpFor. Codingwise, atleast."

Very much not.

Weapon sequences/timing are at least. My bad, should have specified. :v

some of that was modified as well. more noticably the reload animations. both HD and LD packs.
    Last edited by WAR_Nuker; 15-01-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Got a list of what you edited?

I'm not going to waste my time rigging the OF arms to the default HL models, especially since the skeletons are different for most (And I prefer the OF MP5 anims over HL's).

OH derp I could just compare the FPS's for your stuff. herp derp, nevermind.

Comments on the M16?

i like the m16 but it looks a little too good for the LD pack. my aim for the LD pack was to make all weapons look consistently bad by todays standards lol: the original HL weapons. if any of the weapons look too good then its very noticable.

what i might use is the upper part of the opfor arms you have there and put it on this HD pack. the part with the clothing. looks good. ill put it on the models that allow you to see that far up the arm when you reload (saw, m16 and a couple others i think).

Quote Originally Posted by KylerAdams View Post
    I'm not going to waste my time rigging the OF arms to the default HL models, especially since the skeletons are different for most (And I prefer the OF MP5 anims over HL's).
    ok, dont worry about it then. me and tuesday will get around to the LD weapons with LD opfor arms at some point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
+ Reply to Thread