Thread: Zelda OOT Conversion (ep1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Zelda OOT Conversion (ep1)

Oh well, had I of known about this shinning rupee a long time ago you would of gotten the same reaction from me then. But I understand if there is no more motivation for it. But perhaps if you had had the proper player testing or announcements of such a game, people's interests would of kept up yours.(If that was the case for it dwindling.) I my self have not seen any bugs or glitches other than the burning stick one.

Perhaps in the near future if we are ever so lucky you shall take up the Master Sword and once again complete your quest... Either that or I will round up about two hundred LoZ fans and blitzkrieg rush you into motivation!

And are you still working on games for SC or have you moved onto other things?

Also had you any plans on making this a death match type of game, but obviously the with the LoZ characters, weapons, items, etc.? I bet that for sure would of gotten multiple play throughs from just about everyone. Then you do not have to worry about it being pin point accurate or even having puzzles, provided it still had the look and feel of LoZ. Like Gorgons are tough, strong and hard to kill, but slow and magically inept. Royal Guards average, the Forest People (I can never spell their names right.) the weakest, but also the quickest and should be able to heal faster due to their fairy companions, maybe have a bonus if in the forest.

I think most people would be awe struck. Different maps like the canyons, volcano, Hyrule Field, Hyrule Lake, etc. And use the enemies from the appropriate areas to make it more dangerous. Throw in the day and night cycle, if you ever got it to work, and the dino skeletons would appear at night and poes, etc. Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Lamar; 14-11-2016 at 08:33 PM.

func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    But perhaps if you had had the proper player testing or announcements of such a game, people's interests would of kept up yours.(If that was the case for it dwindling.)
    Either that or I will round up about two hundred LoZ fans and blitzkrieg rush you into motivation!
    These maps got plenty of attention, but the motivation for projects like this have to come from within or else I burn out in a few hours (plz don't sic 200 people on me lol).

And are you still working on games for SC or have you moved onto other things?
    I sort of dropped all my SC projects a few months ago and have been working on unrelated things.

Also had you any plans on making this a death match type of game, but obviously the with the LoZ characters, weapons, items, etc.?
    I wanted to have some bonus maps like this, yeah. PvP works suprisingly well in SC now. There are some pretty blatant balance problems but it's still fun to dick around with.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    These maps got plenty of attention, but the motivation for projects like this have to come from within or else I burn out in a few hours (plz don't sic 200 people on me lol).
    Yea, I can understand that completely. Sad to have lost you though, you have real talent. I shall endeavor to find more maps of yours. I have not read the text, but have you given permission for others to use your textures/wad?

And I make no guarantees... The love of LoZ is far and wide and I will have no control over the mob once they have been incited to riot...

func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

All of the content is free for anyone to use without permission (except probably not because Nintendo owns most of it).

Many of the textures are from this HD texture pack. I forgot to credit that..
    Love,
    w00tguy

I was creating a LoZ game in Quest which is a text adventure/choose your own adventure game maker. I had the LoZ to 80% complete first chapter and the other about 70% first chapter, before things beyond my control had me halt for a while and never got back to it. Plus updates to the game engine kind of killed it in certain parts.

I think playing my story in SC would be neat, but the amount of detail would be even more than Nintendo had made so ehhh... Still nice to know I could use those textures though. Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123