Thread: Upcoming Patch, New Indie Game

Manager

Post Upcoming Patch, New Indie Game

Just to mention we've identified a problem which is unfortunately preventing some post-4.7 donors from accessing their bonus features immediately via the new auto-update system. We're planning to release a small patch to fix this and some other issues, plus add some minor features, within the next few weeks. So, keep an eye out.

In unrelated news, I've been working on an indie game for Amazon Kindle e-readers for a while now (the black-and-white E-Ink versions), and it was finally released on Amazon.com recently. It's basically an advanced version of Lemonade Stand with a comedic story, tons of random events, Lucasarts-style conversation trees etc. Here's the trailer -- featuring Primordia by Steve Blevin (composer of Cyborg), very kindly remastered just for this video!

Check it out if you have access to a Kindle -- and, if you do, I'd really appreciate it if you could post a customer review to let me know what you think!

P.S. - If you get a message saying the title is unavailable in your region, please send me a quick e-mail to let me know -- I might be able to get something done about it.
    Last edited by Sven Viking; 28-01-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Re: Upcoming Patch, New Indie Game

I like the ending of that trailer. =)

Game tester  
    Tester

Will this patch fix the non-english steam problems with sound files? Sound files plays only if is in main sound folder, and is downloaded directly to a language specified folder (svencoop_portuguese, svencoop_brazilian, svencoop_spanish, etc) spamming in console "FMOD file not found". This has been posted here and here.

My friends can't hear music from custom maps, and i have to ask to move manually :/

Todd Howard look a like Deathparade's Avatar

Yea so do i it's quite annoying
    No.

That's a pretty cool looking game Sven! Congrats on getting it out on Kindle!!

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by R4to0 View Post
    Will this patch fix the non-english steam problems with sound files? Sound files plays only if is in main sound folder, and is downloaded directly to a language specified folder (svencoop_portuguese, svencoop_brazilian, svencoop_spanish, etc) spamming in console "FMOD file not found". This has been posted here and here.

My friends can't hear music from custom maps, and i have to ask to move manually :/
    The engine doesn't give us a way to detect what language you are running, so this won't be fixed in the upcoming patch. We only get told what mod folder you are running, which always returns the primary English folder.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Game tester  
    Tester

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    The engine doesn't give us a way to detect what language you are running, so this won't be fixed in the upcoming patch. We only get told what mod folder you are running, which always returns the primary English folder.
    A last try can be make a symlink (mklink /D on vista/7/8) through the installer, if the installer can detect steam language (there is a key in the windows registry).

Manager

You're generally better off using junctions than symbolic links for linking folders. A junction isn't as detectable by applications and is usually more compatible. I use junctions for re-directing a few GoldSrc mod folders already, and I don't think you have to be an administrator to make them (you do for symbolic links).

If the language key is in the registry it may be possible for us to pick up on that in the mod instead.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Any news about SC 5.0?

Game tester  
    Tester

Alfred released today the beta update to the public.
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/70/a...89396435496714

More:
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/70/announcements

And i think this will affect FMOD for file downloads through game:
    Content downloaded from servers now goes into a separate valve_downloads (or cstrike_downloads ) folder, so you can easily clean up unwanted files

To all Server Managers: UPDATE YOUR SERVERS! Or will not show in internet tab...

Manager

Also it looks like we have to use SteamCmd to update servers now, rather than the HLDS update tool.
    Half-Life is now application ID 90, not 70. (you can use the anonymous login to fetch application 90)

Windows: Unzip SteamCmd into it's own folder. Seriously. When you run it, it makes plenty of folders and files. Use this command to update your server:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\Path\To\Your\Existing\HLDS +app_update 90 validate +exit

Also if your server is updated it'll show up as version v1.1.2.2 build 5956 (put Status in your server console to check).
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

If you get this error while updating: "ERROR! Failed to request AppInfo update, not online or not logged in to Steam."
    Try opening port 27055.

Edit:
    I am now getting this when starting my server.
    LoadLibrary failed on ./svencoop/dlls/hl.so: ./svencoop/dlls/hl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./svencoop/dlls/hl.so!
    FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./svencoop/dlls/hl.so!
    Last edited by Dynamite; 14-02-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Manager

We have to open inbound ports now too just to use their new update cack?
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Game tester  
    Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
    If you get this error while updating: "ERROR! Failed to request AppInfo update, not online or not logged in to Steam."
    Try opening port 27055.

Edit:
    I am now getting this when starting my server.
    I got this problem many times, i reinstalled steamcmd again and got server installed, but same error about missing library (with metamod).

Quote Originally Posted by R4to0 View Post
    I got this problem many times, i reinstalled steamcmd again and got server installed, but same error about missing library (with metamod).
    I made a temp workaround by renaming hl_i386.so to hl.so.

Game tester  
    Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
    I made a temp workaround by renaming hl_i386.so to hl.so.
    Figured it out, thanks!

Will be included in next version Blue shift mod?

Wow I bought this game (Jungle Juice) last year while in Afghanistan. Could never have guessed that it was made by the same guy who made Sven Coop.

Contributor

Wow you post amount per year must be the lowest ever!
    Welcome back

Manager

Wow, yeah, life can be strange . Thanks for your purchase -- hope you enjoyed the game! It actually became the #1 top rated Active Content title, though unfortunately the list is no longer available.
    Last edited by Sven Viking; 09-03-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    Sven Viking