Thread: lmsbath

Artist

lmsbath

Last Man Standing: Last Man Standing (LMS) is a gamemode where all players fight each other like in deathmatch except that you don´t respawn and the last one alive wins. Using more than 200 entities I have brought this gamemode to Sven Coop. In this map 30 fighters battle each other in a LMS-game. Up to eight players can participate and the rest of the slots is filled up with npcs.

Features
    • LMS-gameplay: All monsters attack everyone and each other. Players can and must kill each other. However they can cooperate for a while if they choose to do so. Watch out for backstabbers though!
    • Up to eight players can play the game at the same time. Additional players can spectate. All killed players can spectate while the round is still going. The spectatormode is a little odd but I think it is still pretty decent for a game that has no hardcoded spectatormode.
    • Ultra high difficulty: You spawn without weapons and weapons and other items are very scarce. Enemies do a lot more damage than in vanilla-HL. Most enemies will kill you with one attack.
    • Completely random rounds: All players, NPCs, weapons and items are spawned completely random in the map. No boring itemspawn-camping.
    • Awesome reward: If you manage to survive this brutal game and be the Last Man Standing then there will be an awesome reward for you!
    • Old bathhouse scenario: This game takes place in an old bathhouse that has plenty of hiding spots and tactical possibilities. It is also quite good-looking I believe.

Download

Some more infos:
    - This is the first public release of the map. Some more updates will probably follow to fix bugs.
    - THIS MAP DOES NOT WORK WITH XP-MOD. XP-MOD WILL BREAK IT! PLZ DEACTIVATE XP-MOD FOR THIS MAP.
    - I am planning to release a prefab for LMS so you can easily make your own LMS maps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kopie von lmsbath0008.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	778.4 KB 
ID:	15275   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kopie von lmsbath0012.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	590.9 KB 
ID:	15276  
    Last edited by the-middleman; 30-04-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Manager

Re: lmsbath

This sounds pretty interesting, with potentially a lot of replay value.

Some issues I found when playing v.4.
    Players get stuck in observer mode after someone wins. The only way to get back to your own view is suiciding.

On 4.8 we were 3 players but I could only ever observe one of them. No matter which screen I chose or how many times I tried on each.

After entering one of the boxes at spawn there is no notification on what is happening. At first I thought the map was broken. Would it be possible to shorten the time it takes to get into the game? And add a countdown perhaps?

The map seemed super-difficult with two players, but a lot easier with 3. Is this the case? With 2 players we died nearly instantly by various monster, but with a 3rd player in we could take few more hits.

At the smaller, shallow pool there was a player spawn on a railing which you get stuck in.

When a player wins it simply says "Game over". A message saying that someone won would be more appropriate.

At the big pool there was a scientist that revived a dead zombie, then was chased by it.

In a side room of the large pool area, the one with a stair case, monsters will sometimes spawn in the doorway and be stuck there.

The res file had some errors in it.
    "maps/lmsbathskl.txt" doesn't exist in the zip file.
    "sounds/lmsbathsrf.txt" This is the wrong path. Should be "sound/lmsbath/lmsbathsrf.txt".

In the bsp file it says "globalmodellist" "lsmbathmrf.txt" which would load a non-existing file. You can change that in the map properties in Hammer.

Got these when starting the map. Might be worth investigating.
    Code:
    ERROR:  [Sound Engine] - PlaySound(): volume = 10.000000  (range = 0 to 1 float)
    ERROR:  [Sound Engine] - PlaySound(): volume = 10.000000  (range = 0 to 1 float)
    Game_text "itemsrandtimer" got no activator for activator-only message.
    Also, the bugs listed in the "known bugs" part of the MOTD were encountered.

The crash issues in 4.7 seem to be completely gone in 4.8.

About the large pool, is there suppose to be water in it? The first time I played I thought I saw water there. But the other 50-ish times it was always empty. Maybe I was mistaken the first time.
    Last edited by Dynamite; 13-06-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Tester

Great map. love the fresh gameplay

Manager

Oh damn yeah, this is a very fun map to play! Could do with one or two more weapons at the start though (perhaps one 9mm pistol somewhere random from the ball)

Spectator mode built-in the game will improve it vastly though.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Videos from that night

The maximum number of youtube videos you can post is 2, please correct the error and repost.

Artist

Hi everyone and thanks for you feedback. After releasing this map it seemed as if nobody gave a fuck that´s why I did not work on it anymore. Currently I am working on a different project but I will come back and fix this map. Plz keep reporting errors.

And I am glad you enjoyd the map.
    ZN progress:

Manager

Very enjoyable map. This is definitely a map one could play over and over again, mainly due to the random events and the fact that you will lose if you don't play well enough. While you've made good use of HL1 texture to create a different theme, it would probably have worked better with some custom textures. Still, I found the environments to pretty interesting. The spawn room also looked a bit bland, could be spiced up a little.

I noticed a bug where the teleporters closed a few seconds after the teleporters opened. That was a bit odd. Sometimes monsters also get stuck inside walls when they get teleported. I think I noticed some other bugs too but I can't remember them.

Also, please start giving your maps names that are easier to remember D;

Despite these minor issues the map still deserves a nice

This is the first time my Deathmatch design use to be a new and fun and unique game mode.

Nice Work!!

Quote Originally Posted by the-middleman View Post
    After releasing this map it seemed as if nobody gave a fuck that´s why I did not work on it anymore.
    I guess the number of active posters has been declining all the time and the fact that the forums were just hacked didn't really help with that issue. I'm sure everyone who is still here is interested in your maps, even if they didn't post anything. So don't give up!

This map is very enjoyable and has refreshing gameplay. Only thing that bothered were the bugs that have already been stated in this thread. In my opinion this map would have deserved BOMS after those issues were fixed, but oh well.

Manager

Main thing I ask for is just ONE weapon to spawn earlier it does seem like 8 players have been waiting multiple minutes for anything to appear.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

this map is awesome

I found a problem , when a winner emerges ,and 3 mins later in next round , we all been killed by your "timeout" event..........

Is that the winner event didn't cancel the "timeout" event??

Quote Originally Posted by KaLo View Post
    I found a problem , when a winner emerges ,and 3 mins later in next round , we all been killed by your "timeout" event..........

Is that the winner event didn't cancel the "timeout" event??
    Oh, so winning is what causes that. I've had this happen as well and was quite confused.

func_vehicle fanatic Homosapien's Avatar
    Yo.

Apart from the round not always ending like it should, doors shutting way too fast thus leaving almost all players out in the lobby and the monitors not always letting go of players when they back away from them,
    I witnessed another strange bug while playing tonight.

I had just taken down a wild Pitdrone with my .357, when a panicking scientist came running down the hallway, stopped, dropped, and began performing CPR on (well, vaguely near, see the screenshot below) the corpse.
    He eventually succeeded, and the Pitdrone got up and killed me.

And you know how that saying goes: pics or it didn't happen, so..

Unmodified SC 4.8 game server

Artist

That happens all the time. Not much I can do about it. I find it comical.
    ZN progress:

Manager

Great map! I had a blast playing it today.