Thread: Message forums back on-line | Changes coming up in 4.8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manager

Message forums back on-line | Changes coming up in 4.8

Message forums back on-line

It seems like forever since our message forums were attacked and deleted, but the time has come to bring them back to the public. On the positive side only a few recent post attachments were lost.

You may be wondering why it's taken longer than expected to bring them back on-line? We've been upgrading our message board system to a later platform, which is not a simple task when you're dealing with custom skins -- most of it had to be rebuilt from scratch.

Also as a security measure all account passwords have been intentionally reset. You will not be able to sign in until you use the account recovery process.

If the message forums don't look correct to you, or are completely inaccessible, please clear your browser cache and possibly clear your DNS cache too.

Massive thanks to Sniper for working hard in his spare time upgrading our message forums.

Changes coming up in 4.8

We have been working really hard on Sven Co-op since 4.7 came out in December, and we are nearly ready to deliver 4.8.

Expected to be released this summer, this release was originally just intended to be a minor patch for some stability issues in 4.7 -- particularly in Linux.

Compatibility issues introduced by the SteamPipe update to Half-Life set us back, however, and this release has since evolved into a substantial update offering some notable new features:

• Added Half-Life: Blue Shift co-op campaign!
    • Added breakable functionality to all door types.
    • Added RIPENT for Linux with campaign installation scripts, along with uninstallation scripts.
    • Improved compatibility with the SteamPipe update for Half-Life:
      • Added missing VGUI language lines.
      • Campaign installation scripts will now search the common account folder for official BSP's.
      • File system updates include reading files from various mod extension folders (like addon, downloads, and hd).
      • Fixed borderless window mode vastly shrinking the game window.
      • Linux server binary renamed to hl.so.

See the full change log

Last edited by Sven Viking; 20-06-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Contributor

Re: Message forums back on-line | Changes coming up in 4.8

Its sad to see the Tentacle bug go, its just the most awesome thing ever

Manager

haha was that one actually fixed?
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Developer

I don't think so! I certainly didn't fix it, that one seemed like more trouble than it is worth.
    Last edited by Nev; 20-06-2013 at 05:03 PM.

The case insensitivity fix for linux servers won't do much for me, I have my sven servers running on a jfs partition with case insensitivity set(actually, jfs is faster for me than ext4 is with hlds.).

My reported bug doesn't include on the debug list.....

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthrea...elevator-smash

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by KaLo View Post
    My reported bug doesn't include on the debug list.....

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthrea...elevator-smash
    Never had a problem with it during testing.

Quote Originally Posted by JPolito View Post
    Never had a problem with it during testing.
    Maybe it has been fixed by AdamR , so that's why you didn't meet it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also did you guys fixed these problem?

1.Momentary_rot_button bug , "distance" larger than 3600 will be broken , did you fixed it?
    (Okay I found the "Part 1: Fixed underground walls instantly springing back when reaching the wheel turn limit." , thanks)
    (But can you also fix the custom maps which has same wheel turn limit problem??)

2. Richard_boderman.bsp , "the deleting minigun" bug , did you solved it yet?
    Relate Website: http://forums.svencoop.com/showthrea...d_boderman-bsp

3. Akimbo UZI and Scope glitches , they still causing cheating.
    Akimbo UZI glitch : When you fire duel 2uzis until it exhaust clip , and you drop it and pick up it again , you found the clip of 2uzis become full.
    Scope Weapon glitch : selects any un-scope-able weapon to be your next weapon , and choosing any scope-able weapon , and you press "Q" and "SCOPE" at the same time , the un-scope-able weapon using scope!!

4. The problem Misfire ever said , Valve updated and any downloaded custom files will send to svencoop_downloads folder , cause some custom sounds won't affect in game.

5. Did you guys fulfill the "Newbie Guiding or Training" plan?

6. game_zone_player bug fixed? (I hope you fixed it , or sc_robination still being buggy)

7. some brush entity (func_wall,func_breakable,func_pushable),its entity key "angles" won't affects on Y-axis , so the brush won't rotated any degrees of Y-axis when map loads (only X and Z-axis will affects), I need your help!!

8. Did you fix the bug of "female assassin keep throwing handgrenade and suicide bombing when their enemy being hidden" ??
    Last edited by KaLo; 20-06-2013 at 11:43 PM.

i have a question are you guys gonna add they hunger episode 3 to svencoop 4.8? to finish the they hunger series and also when are you guys going to make a linux version of svencoop?

Donated 15NS$ for Sven's Holiday at the Bahamas Puchi's Avatar  
    Artist

TH:EP3 is still a long way to go and will not be included with 4.8. It's main problem is the boss battle: It was made for one player in another Heli, now make it for 10+ Players. This needs a good plan and lot's of testing (and probably rethinking).
    Do it with passion, or not at all.
    Do not say everything you know. Know everything you say.
    [ MarySP ][ nacl-h2o ][ The next SC Version ♥♥♥♥ing pwns! ][Puchis Maps ]

Wow, that's a lot of changes for a .1 version change.

Developer

Scope Weapon glitch : selects any un-scope-able weapon to be your next weapon , and choosing any scope-able weapon , and you press "Q" and "SCOPE" at the same time , the un-scope-able weapon using scope
    I squeezed in a fix for this just now. Thanks for reporting it!

the prophecy has been fullfilled

Manager

1.Momentary_rot_button bug , "distance" larger than 3600 will be broken , did you fixed it?
    (Okay I found the "Part 1: Fixed underground walls instantly springing back when reaching the wheel turn limit." , thanks)
    (But can you also fix the custom maps which has same wheel turn limit problem??)
    These are both fixed at map level. Not sure if this is desired but we could push in a hard limit to the turn distance key to correct any other map at a code level.

3. Akimbo UZI and Scope glitches , they still causing cheating.
    Akimbo UZI glitch : When you fire duel 2uzis until it exhaust clip , and you drop it and pick up it again , you found the clip of 2uzis become full.
    This has been partially fixed, as in you no longer generate any back stock of ammo when dropping one of your Akimo Uzi's and collect it again. The bug with both guns refilling will require a complete redesign of the weapon's class though -- they are currently seperate classes, and storing both ammo values in the dropped entity isn't easy. This is because dropped weapons are technically a "weaponbox" entity with a custom model.

4. The problem Misfire ever said , Valve updated and any downloaded custom files will send to svencoop_downloads folder , cause some custom sounds won't affect in game.
    This was sorted: See SteamPipe integration updates and the Sound Engine sub-section of the code section.

5. Did you guys fulfill the "Newbie Guiding or Training" plan?
    Not yet, JPolito made a good start/base for this though.

6. game_zone_player bug fixed? (I hope you fixed it , or sc_robination still being buggy)
    I don't remember what the issue was with this?

Everything else mentioned I'm not sure about. May have been fixed without my knowledge.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    I don't remember what the issue was with this?

Everything else mentioned I'm not sure about. May have been fixed without my knowledge.
    The issue is , when 5 players join the server , the game_zone_player automatically set to "required maximum 5 players" to activates the event (without outcount and incount setting) , but after 1 player quit the game , the game_zone_player still keep the state "required maximum 5 players" , so when all 4 players reach the game_zone_player area , but game_zone_player loads as "4 < 5" , event can't be activated and causes bugs.

If you really care about it , try this map "tiles_v1.bsp" , it shows how many players are in this map , try to invite 3 or more players , and call a player to quit , and check the GUI at last.
    Last edited by KaLo; 21-06-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Just another co-op player Maestro Fénix's Avatar

Finally. I was worried that you never recovered after this attack.

Also, finally the annoying spawnzone at the end of The Escape Series 3 gets fixed. Thank you.

Manager

Oh I don't think that got fixed, I'm sure lmsbath has that problem when a player leaves mid-round (the map doesn't notice when all players are dead after that).

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Fénix View Post
    Also, finally the annoying spawnzone at the end of The Escape Series 3 gets fixed. Thank you.
    haha it was actually surprisingly easy to implement with 1 trigger_setorigin. Works well with the new player spawn code meaning nobody alive will be gibed by players spawning on there.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Artist

Hmmmmm this has to be said yet:

Sven Coop YAY!!!!!!! Hackers Booooooooooooo!

You guys are the best and thx for bringing the forum back! Looking forward to 4.8. Hope it fixes the worst bugs that cause me headaches.
    Last edited by the-middleman; 21-06-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    ZN progress:

i love svencoop thank you developers of svencoop for making such a great mod for half-life i <3 svencoop

Manager

The issue is , when 5 players join the server , the game_zone_player automatically set to "required maximum 5 players" to activates the event (without outcount and incount setting) , but after 1 player quit the game , the game_zone_player still keep the state "required maximum 5 players" , so when all 4 players reach the game_zone_player area , but game_zone_player loads as "4 < 5" , event can't be activated and causes bugs.

If you really care about it , try this map "tiles_v1.bsp" , it shows how many players are in this map , try to invite 3 or more players , and call a player to quit , and check the GUI at last.
    We've possibly got a last-minute fix in for this (thanks AdamR).
    Sven Viking

Manager

Looks like we may have a fix for game_zone_player and trigger_entity_iterator counting disconnected players. We're going to test this shortly.
    Edit: I need to refresh more often... an hour late.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Manager

Also: Tiles doesn't actually use a game_zone_player. The map will have to be modified to fix the player count issue.

Manager

JPolito and Nev have just tested my fix for me on lmsbath.

Test steps:
    1. Start lmsbath
    2. Start a round with 2+ players participating
    3. When the round starts, 1 player disconnect
    4. Everyone remaining in the round die

What originally happened:
    • The round would only end after the disconnected player rejoins (or someone else takes the same player slot) into the ready room for the map to notice them as dead / out of the round
    • If that player slot never got "reset", the round would go on forever (or until the round timer expired)

What happened with my fix:
    • The round ended immediately after the final alive player died, and the disconnected player was excluded from counting

I have applied the same fix to game_zone_player, so whatever went wrong on sc_robination should also be fixed.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

looking forward for the blueshift coop

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    I don't think so! I certainly didn't fix it, that one seemed like more trouble than it is worth.
    Fantastic, must use it to scare people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast