Thread: Vluzacn's ZHLT v33 Update

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Italian Level Designer & Prop Modeller Alberto309's Avatar

Re: Vluzacn's ZHLT v33 Update

Hi Vluzacn.

First thing first, let me tell you that I love your tools. They are perfect to achieve what I always wanted in my maps. So, well done. Honestly!

Though, I would really like to request you something to add in your next VHLT release, if it's possible, of course.
    I like functional and clean things in my maps. Indeed, when I build stairways as brushes or models, I always create a perpendicular slope on the stairway (made of CLIP brushes or invisible func_walls) because I don't like that the player's view keeps moving up and down due to every step's height. But when I do such a thing, I always get disappointed by something: The CLIP texture have the default step sound, so sometimes I have to use a func_wall. But the func_wall entity acts like a full clip, so it blocks everything like a wall or a floor. So, here is my request:

Is it possible to have an entity (or a texture) that acts like the Source engine's "Player Clip" with selectable step sounds, or being able to have more options in the func_detail entity that blocks the player only (say, in the "Passable" option as "Yes", "No", "Everything but Player") plus the classic render modes like in the func_wall/illusionary entities?

Thank you for your time and your work, Vluzacn.

Alberto

Gamer since 1995

I did some experiments with the step sounds. Just to clarify, the CLIP doesn't have a sound (because it's face is removed), neither does NULL, and the engine will try to find sound from other nearby faces in the SAME entity of the CLIP. So adding CLIP will not change anything as long as the CLIP in the same entity of the stairs.

I think what you want is to change step sounds. You can create a hidden func_wall with certain sound textures. It must block players so as to have sounds, and you can make it not block bullets by changing some of the side faces to CLIP while keeping the top faces with the sound texture. Alternatively, you can change the side faces to SKIP so that it will block nothing and add CLIP brushes into the entity so that it will block players.

Yes, there is something that the compile tools can help, maybe to achieve this without func_wall. I will try to figure it out.
    Last edited by vluzacn; 05-10-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Theres a bug in CSG if -nowadtextures is used. The compiler only imports the 1st frame of animated textures into the bsp causing them to not work. Please fix.

Manager

I have animated textures embedded in my map and they work fine. I'm using a WAD configuration file to include the used textures from my non-standard WAD's, but CSG notices animated frames and embeds them too. (not saying your bug is invalid, but here's a workaround for you until your issue is verified and resolved)

Example WAD configuration:
    Code:
    yourmapname
    {
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve\halflife.wad
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve\liquids.wad
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve\xeno.wad
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve\decals.wad
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\svencoop\stadium.wad
        include C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\Textures\yourfunnytextures.wad
    }
    That last line there has the instruction to embed used textures into your map.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    I have animated textures embedded in my map and they work fine. I'm using a WAD configuration file to include the used textures from my non-standard WAD's, but CSG notices animated frames and embeds them too. (not saying your bug is invalid, but here's a workaround for you until your issue is verified and resolved)

Example WAD configuration:
    Code:
    yourmapname
    {
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve\halflife.wad
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve\liquids.wad
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve\xeno.wad
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve\decals.wad
        C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Half-Life\svencoop\stadium.wad
        include C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\Textures\yourfunnytextures.wad
    }
    That last line there has the instruction to embed used textures into your map.
    Wow you are using configure file with wad paths. I never use configure file yet. Noe i understand. Thank you for tip!
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

Manager

I wrote a tool some years ago to help you manage your WAD's. It can also send a set of WAD's to Hammer, and export a ZHLT format WAD configuration.

The tickbox next to a WAD file means you want it embedded into the BSP.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

Yeah AdamR, i know our tool Don't worry for me!

Can i ask you about -include or -wadinclude than -nowadtextures, right? If same embedded sprite ( using frames like animation image01, image02 ... image10 into bsp file.

But i can use like info_texlight like ampel effect or disco effect? If does it not work than i will work around again and again

P.S. Your tool has problem of runtime. But i am using Windows 8.1 and it shows error message like debug or error of regedit.
    Please upgrade your tool under Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Thanks
    Check my attachments! Thanks! I hope that you understand me better.
    Last edited by SourceSkyBoxer; 16-10-2014 at 02:57 PM.
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

Italian Level Designer & Prop Modeller Alberto309's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vluzacn View Post
    I did some experiments with the step sounds. Just to clarify, the CLIP doesn't have a sound (because it's face is removed), neither does NULL, and the engine will try to find sound from other nearby faces in the SAME entity of the CLIP. So adding CLIP will not change anything as long as the CLIP in the same entity of the stairs.

I think what you want is to change step sounds. You can create a hidden func_wall with certain sound textures. It must block players so as to have sounds, and you can make it not block bullets by changing some of the side faces to CLIP while keeping the top faces with the sound texture. Alternatively, you can change the side faces to SKIP so that it will block nothing and add CLIP brushes into the entity so that it will block players.

Yes, there is something that the compile tools can help, maybe to achieve this without func_wall. I will try to figure it out.
    That's a good idea to make these things to function properly. Thank you.

I've also found another way to make a clip that blocks players but not entites or bullets (i.e.: a grenade). I basically create 1 unit CLIP brushes or invisible func_walls that are moved exactly 1 unit less of a player model size between them, so you can't pass through it anyway because the player model still remains bigger, hence, the chances of hitting the 1 unit func_wall entity with grenades or bullets are minimal.

But what I'm really looking for, is to have render modes and chances to remove the shadow projection on the func_detail entity.
    Long story short: a func_detail that have all the func_wall fields, plus the func_detail ones, but maintaining the func_detail's usage of course. It'll be really awesome in my honest opinion.

Thank your for your time and your work, Vluzacn. Much appreciated.

Gamer since 1995

Since it is made off ZHLT, is there a chance there will be an x64 version of all VHLT compile tools?
    I'm just interested,because there is an x64 version of ZHLT...

Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Apelli View Post
    Since it is made off ZHLT, is there a chance there will be an x64 version of all VHLT compile tools?
    I'm just interested,because there is an x64 version of ZHLT...
    It would be best to ask that question in => VL's 64-bit thread <=.
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

I am having a weird issue with models getting lit. I've never had this problem before and cant figure out why its happening. All the faces in the map are well lit but models show up pitch black in some locations and running hlrad with -extra only seems to worsen it.

Manager

Killbox revisited? :P

Artist

Is that an entity-brush you are standing on? If so then you are probably too high above the ground. Models pick the light from the WORLD-brush below them. But only to a certain height. If you are too high, the models will be pitch black.
    ZN progress:

Yes its a func_wall. I removed its translucency to see how the glass was getting lit. I figured thats where it would get the light from. Whats odd is it only happens in random locations on the same surface. About 20 feet farther down that surface, the models light up fine as you can see with that rocket ammo in the distance and the worldspawn surface below all that is perfectly flat. So why is it getting light on one side but not the other when height is equal?
    Last edited by Urban_Ninja; 18-12-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Is it at all possible to create an info_teleport_destination entity that keeps the players current orientation as they walk into it? meaning, if they walk into the trigger_teleport backwards, they will pop out of the i_t_d looking the same exact way?

is this something that can be coded in or no :o

ive seen it done in certain teleporter plugins (i think; mostly in hide and seen servers) and i feel like it would be useful for certain things.

Contributor

Timmycakes you can already do that, except the settings are on the trigger_teleport, not the teleport_destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Timmycakes you can already do that, except the settings are on the trigger_teleport, not the teleport_destination.
    well it seems i am a silly goose. i guess you are talking about sven coop trigger_teleport. i am trying to do this with cs, which is why the setting isnt there, so i apologize for the confusion.

on that note, however, do you think there is a way to edit CS's trigger_teleport to do the same? (or any other mod that isnt Sven coop)

You can't change the source code.

Manager

I doubt CS has been designed with this high entity access in mind like we have. Is there an entity available to directly edit the angle of something?
    Last edited by AdamR; 09-01-2015 at 05:31 AM.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

darn, that stinks. i feel any mod would benefit from the SC entities. i was looking at the entity list that silencer links to and they just seem so helpful.
    if only there was a CS mod for sven coop heh, one that mimics cs (guns, player physics, etc [ive never played SC so i dunno how it plays]). people could make some pretty sweet kz maps, thats for sure...

im babbling

I don't think it would be too hard to emulate CS within SC using map entities and maybe an AMXX plugin. The TFC map "Well" has been converted for use in SC and it works pretty good.

Vluzacn, would it be possible for you to add support for scrolling textures and animated textures to have zhlt_embedlightmap support?

Registered User LightningTerror's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    Vluzacn, would it be possible for you to add support for scrolling textures and animated textures to have zhlt_embedlightmap support?
    This ^ , wanted to suggest that , so far the zhlt_embedlightmap has been wonderful.

Any news on the newest version release ? It's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningTerror View Post
    This ^ , wanted to suggest that , so far the zhlt_embedlightmap has been wonderful.
    It's impossible to do it on scrolling textures without glitches, and animated textures may take up a lot of space, do you really want that?

Quote Originally Posted by LightningTerror View Post
    Any news on the newest version release ? It's been a while.
    So glad that someone is still waiting for the new release. I think I can post it on next week because I'm now quite free after the final exams. There will be just a few small changes in the next update but sorry for procrastinating for so long.

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

Only someone, are you joking ?!?!?!? there a way more that wait for a new release Also I´m still waiting for a documentation of all features you added with small examples how to use them, I saw some kind of "mirror" effect no idea how to use it. Anyway, thanks a lot for your awesome work

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast