Thread: Deluge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contributor

Deluge

oh hello i made a map again

Current version: deluge_beta_v3

http://scmapdb.com/map:deluge - Download link and most of the info of this map

Quick warning: never change map from deluge_beta_v2 into v3 straight. this messes up textures in horrible ways

Beta issues (or features):
    -Nothing is finished obviously, being a beta. This is pretty much squeezed into 4.8, shows as having teleports between areas, missing detail and ugly and temporary or just weird gameplay solutions
    -Barney NPCs have the helmet hitbox forgotten in them, so theyre kinda frustrating to kill
    -Bossbattles might be little redundant, also bosses are rather dumb
    -Sorta unbalanced gameplay duh

Deluge 5.0 version plans:
    -One huge seamless map to "explore", which means no area teleports or crammed areas
    -Gameplay made way more traditional in vein of Doom, Quake and ROTT etc. All the more puzzlary parts are made optional
    -Lives system made optional
    -Lots of NPC/Player models getting revamped
    -Better start room
    -New enemies and weapons obviously
    -Also more secrets, and traps
    -More ridiculous achievements

Last edited by RNG; 20-07-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Artist

Re: Deluge

Hello, I have posted a review of the map on SCmapdb. You might wanna check it out here.

This map still feel a bit unpolished, but it stays a must play anyway.
    Don't miss an opportunity to jump in a server and test it.

Artist

So I just tested this map alone. Yesterday I tried to play it online but at the begining of the map it allways said "voting failed", when we tried to choose difficulty. Maybe you should adjust the % needed for a successful vote?

So here are my thoughts from my test today:

- The models, sounds and soundtrack are absolutely awesome. I loved every weapon! The soundtrack is really atmospheric!
    - Sometimes the enemies stil play the default barney sounds like "Hey! Leave him alone!" or "Uhh! Something died down here.".
    - Why did you add so many clip brushes to the map? Its really irritating when you cant "touch" the map geometry.
    - Sometimes it is really hard to see ammo lying on the ground. Maybe you could place clips on more visible spots?
    - After finding the secret weapons, they should spawn at the playerspawn. Otherwise you have to spend much time recollecting them after each death.
    - The jump and run part with the green reactor-thingies was really frustrating. Maybe I just suck at J&R but I did not pass that section and could not test the map any further.

Overall it is a very cool and atmospheric map. Gameplaywise there is very little inovation but it is still fun to play.

Looking forward to play it online!
    ZN progress:

2GB Linux core dump file  
    Tester

Code:
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/fgrunt/chicken
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rt_speak
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rt_speak2
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rt_speak3
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/de_man/de_man_attack
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/de_man/de_man_attack2
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/de_man/de_man_alert
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/de_man/de_man_alert2
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/bodyguard/ashestoashes
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/bodyguard/hellhappenedyou
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/bodyguard/hello
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/bodyguard/imbusy
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/bodyguard/laterfellas
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/bodyguard/looklikeshit
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/bodyguard/mondays
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/null
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/repeater/rep_pain.ogg
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak2
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak3
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/armorman/armorman_die3.ogg
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak.ogg
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak2.ogg
    Client - [Sound Engine] - File not found: svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak3.ogg
    Client - [Sound Engine] Finished loading sound list: 473 loaded, 24 failed.
    And missing sound for almost all custom weapons
    Code:
    Client - FMOD - File not found at runtime: svencoop/sound/rng/deluge/weapons/vp_pistol_fire.ogg
    Client - FMOD - File not found at runtime: svencoop/sound/rng/deluge/weapons/vp_pistol_clipout.ogg
    Client - FMOD - File not found at runtime: svencoop/sound/rng/deluge/weapons/vp_pistol_clipin.ogg

Manager

I had a little bit of free time yesterday and played it up to the guassgun. If I get the chance I'll play it till the end later.

So far I think it's a really cool map. It has that gray eerie feeling I'm used from your creations but this time it's a bit more accessible, so to say. It resembles old school shooters but at the same time has something really unique to it. I like it how some areas do not really serve a purpose (or sometimes only after careful examination). I, personally, wouldn't easily map out an entire room just so I can put a medkit or an ammo clip there. Even in functional rooms the goodies are placed symmetrically. Everything is very gameplay-driven and I like it!

A lot of time went into replacing nearly everything to create something that hardly resembles HL, especially the weapons. What I found really cool is the fists/kick-replacement for the wrench. Sadly, it's hard to use it right at the start. If you don't want to die constantly, attacking the aliens or barneys with your fists is a bad idea. I'm not sure if they turn up later in the map, but it would be cool if there were unarmed male assassin replacements, so you can duke it out!

There are a few little specks, where the HL-universe is still clearly present and that kind of breaks the theme. For instance, there are still some barney/grunt sounds in there that could use replacing. Also, the shocktrooper replacement still resembles its original a lot. The model is fine, but if it's possible to change its weapons (different sprites/sounds/something?) that would greatly help.

Secondly, I understand the shotgun is overpowered for a reason. It was fun the first time to see the damage it did to those poor barneys but then it became quite ridiculous and the enemies after that didn't really pose a treat anymore. And that was just on my own. Imagine that with 10 players. A similar effect could be created by some power up, which gives you a temporary speed/damage boost (aka Quad-damage), so you can still enjoy the same power, but it wouldn't be available constantly.

Anyway, I'll make sure to play the last part later. Really cool work!

Contributor

Warning: File sound/rng/morass_beta/music/mo1_loop.ogg is too big to transfer from host 0.0.0.0:27005
    Warning: File maps/deluge_beta_v2.bsp is too big to transfer from host 0.0.0.0:27005
    file max = 10 Mo
    "sv_filetransfermaxsize" is "10485760"

26.1 MB (27,383,632 bytes) = svencoop/maps/deluge_beta_v2.bsp
    13.7 MB (14,467,503 bytes) = svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/music/mo1_loop.ogg

change sv_filetransfermaxsize for 31457280
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by R4to0 View Post
    Code:
    Client - FMOD - File not found at runtime: svencoop/sound/rng/deluge/weapons/ .ogg
    you download file *.zip or download file in server game ?

svencoop copy file for zip
    svencoop_download file for download server

missing files
    Code:
    svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/repeater/rep_pain.ogg
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special.txt:"shocktrooper/shock_trooper_pain1.wav" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/repeater/rep_pain.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special.txt:"shocktrooper/shock_trooper_pain2.wav" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/repeater/rep_pain.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special.txt:"shocktrooper/shock_trooper_pain3.wav" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/repeater/rep_pain.ogg"
    Code:
    svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/armorman/armorman_die3.ogg
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special.txt:"barney/ba_die3.wav" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/armorman/armorman_die3.ogg"
    Code:
    svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak.ogg
    svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak2.ogg
    svencoop/sound/rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak3.ogg
    change floder condor to rtrooper

sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_GREN0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_ALERT0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_ALERT1" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_ALERT2" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_MONST0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_COVER0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak2.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_THROW0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak2.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_TAUNT0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak2.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_CHARGE0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak2.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_IDLE0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak2.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_QUEST0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak3.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_ANSWER0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak3.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_CLEAR0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak3.ogg"
    sound\rng\morass_beta\morass_special2.txt:"!ST_CHECK0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/condor_speak3.ogg"
    the missing extension in link file
    morass.txt and morass_special.txt
    "!FG_QUESTION0" "fgrunt/chicken"
    "!BA_MAD3" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/de_man/de_man_attack"
    "!BA_MAD4" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/de_man/de_man_attack2"
    "!BA_IDLE0" "bodyguard/ashestoashes"
    "!BA_IDLE1" "bodyguard/hellhappenedyou"
    "!BA_IDLE2" "bodyguard/hello"
    "!BA_IDLE3" "bodyguard/imbusy"
    "!BA_IDLE4" "bodyguard/laterfellas"
    "!BA_IDLE5" "bodyguard/looklikeshit"
    "!BA_IDLE6" "bodyguard/mondays"
    "!BA_IDLE7" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/null"

"!ST_GREN0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak"
    "!ST_ALERT0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak"
    "!ST_ALERT1" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak2"
    "!ST_ALERT2" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak"
    "!ST_MONST0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak2"
    "!ST_COVER0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak2"
    "!ST_THROW0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak2"
    "!ST_TAUNT0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak2"
    "!ST_CHARGE0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak2"
    "!ST_IDLE0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak2"
    "!ST_QUEST0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak3"
    "!ST_ANSWER0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak3"
    "!ST_CLEAR0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak3"
    "!ST_CHECK0" "rng/morass_beta/sounds/npc/rtrooper/rep_speak3"
    change

svencoop\sound\rng\morass_beta\sounds\npc\repeater\rep_speak .ogg
    svencoop\sound\rng\morass_beta\sounds\npc\repeater\rep_speak 2.ogg
    svencoop\sound\rng\morass_beta\sounds\npc\repeater\rep_speak 3.ogg
    Last edited by spy-warrior; 27-03-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop

Contributor

mmm feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the-middleman View Post
    So I just tested this map alone. Yesterday I tried to play it online but at the begining of the map it allways said "voting failed", when we tried to choose difficulty. Maybe you should adjust the % needed for a successful vote?

So here are my thoughts from my test today:

- The models, sounds and soundtrack are absolutely awesome. I loved every weapon! The soundtrack is really atmospheric!
    - Sometimes the enemies stil play the default barney sounds like "Hey! Leave him alone!" or "Uhh! Something died down here.".
    - Why did you add so many clip brushes to the map? Its really irritating when you cant "touch" the map geometry.
    - Sometimes it is really hard to see ammo lying on the ground. Maybe you could place clips on more visible spots?
    - After finding the secret weapons, they should spawn at the playerspawn. Otherwise you have to spend much time recollecting them after each death.
    - The jump and run part with the green reactor-thingies was really frustrating. Maybe I just suck at J&R but I did not pass that section and could not test the map any further.

Overall it is a very cool and atmospheric map. Gameplaywise there is very little inovation but it is still fun to play.

Looking forward to play it online!
    -about content: thanks alot

-barney sounds: couldnt be more aware of that, i spent forever trying to get them work in lots of ways but they still keep spewing out barney lines no matter what. its clearly more of issue with svencoop

-so many clip brushes: didnt plan to run into clipnode limit either

-hard-to-see ammo: rotating ammo would been nice kinda like in descen map, but that sort of requires alot of extra stuff to make that happen

-secret weapons: all the weapons that you find, spawn in start when the final boss activates. otherwise its designed so youd be more careful to not die with all the fancy equipment youve found. also youll learn better where is all the secret stuff so you get better and better playing through the map. i guess i could change this later in some way

-reactor area jump puzzle: its all about certain timing, which isnt told anywhere though. basically as soon as the pillars cross each other, you run/jump past,
    once you know this it should be fuckload easier. well unless you have high ping etc. not suprised if the thing isnt completely balanced because its always rather too easy or too hard from experience

-voting failed thing: it requires 55 % of votes to pass, previously it was 75 %. dont know about the math in this enlighten me and i might fix it. i also might suspect that it has some bug, where it also counts players that are downloading the map atm.

-R4to0's weird error: looks like the server you downloaded the map from doesnt have their shit right, the res file is tested and working.
    actually that might be classic FMOD error too, where it fails to load any sounds and it requires restart or changing to different map and back. or might also be related to sentences not working, sort of left some of the replacement files randomly crapped up on test purposes that had no luck.

-Spy-warrior about same thing: tried everything nope nope nope

-Hezus about the shotgun: LUDICROUS GIBS

i should start proposing the changelog for 5.0 version aka episode 1 final. then again i might be super inspired to map UNI 2 instead when 5.0 comes out
    Last edited by RNG; 27-03-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    i spent forever trying to get them work in lots of ways but they still keep spewing out barney lines no matter what. its clearly more of issue with svencoop
    I told you to use a gsr file. Also offered to use descen.gsr to copy paste lines from it to get rid of barney sounds.

Contributor

but the map uses multiple soundreplacement files for same monster types, how do you manage that with .gsr file?

oh also some sentence paths are infact broken, so hard to read sometimes. prolly they wouldnt work anyway just like the barneys
    Last edited by RNG; 27-03-2014 at 12:25 PM.

You know you can add sound-replacement file paths individually to monster entities. And those override global sound replacement.
    So like having a gsr file, and other sound replacement txt's with desired sounds. Then adding those txt paths in monster entities.

That way it should work.

Contributor

oh but thats how i already do, idk might have to wait for v3 for while. get those bugz rolling

2GB Linux core dump file  
    Tester

Quote Originally Posted by spy-warrior View Post
    you download file *.zip or download file in server game ?

svencoop copy file for zip
    svencoop_download file for download server

Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    -R4to0's weird error: looks like the server you downloaded the map from doesnt have their shit right, the res file is tested and working.
    actually that might be classic FMOD error too, where it fails to load any sounds and it requires restart or changing to different map and back. or might also be related to sentences not working, sort of left some of the replacement files randomly crapped up on test purposes that had no luck.
    Downloaded 7z file from scmapdb and unzipped to a local client installation (listen server aka "Start new game").

Tester

Downloaded from scmapdb.com and then saw
    [FR] Sven-Coop Server 4.8 IP: 85.168.90.61:27015
    (One map, rotation, so did not realise someone else had played half of it and left before I got there. )

Anyway,

"get those bugz rolling"

with Developer 1, in Console, you eventually get:

Can't create entity: weapon_9mmar
    NULL entity created by squad maker (X-1744.000000 Y-2240.000000 Z-16.000000)
    Can't create entity: weapon_9mmbox
    NULL entity created by squad maker (X-1664.000000 Y-2304.000000 Z-16.000000)
    NULL entity created by squad maker (X-2232.000000 Y-1944.000000 Z-16.000000)
    NULL entity created by squad maker (X-768.000000 Y-872.000000 Z208.000000)
    monster_cockroach can't asses player <- Can ignore cockroach spam/Engine AI related.

plus the stuff already mentioned by Spy and others.

Tad bit laggy on entering some high detail areas/with NPC's but never the less perfectly acceptable, had to Jack up the video brightness to Max. otherwise seemed to be running around in the dark and getting killed by NPCs before I noticed them.

Good atmosphere, sounds and detailing as usual for any RNG map.

New NPC Models due to darkness (and trying not to die) did not get a chance to evaluate them until they where dead but what I saw looked good. (Plus I think someone else cleared a lot of them before I got there. )
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

Contributor

Downloaded 7z file from scmapdb and unzipped to a local client installation (listen server aka "Start new game").
    ok,
    error file in 7z link missing extension or files !

Files are missing and also there to files that are in the wrong place, as the links are not declare at the right place.
    Des fichiers sont manquant et aussi il y à des fichiers qui sont mal placer, comme les liens ne sont pas déclaré au bonne endroit.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop

Contributor

well the sentences are pretty fucked so guess explains those errors, i dont get why the weapon sounds wouldnt work tho

most of the weapon sound paths are compiled inside the models like: { event 5004 1 "rng/deluge/weapons/vp_pistol_fire.ogg" }
    because sven doesnt support custom weapon and many other sound replacements YET

ive checked the filepaths million times so they are right, puzzlary
    Last edited by RNG; 28-03-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Artist

Weaponsounds work fine for me
    ZN progress:

Artist

This map came so out of the nowhere D:! dev strikes again. Everyone should try this map it has epic gameplay in my opinion. Also agree with the-middleman some items can barely be noticed sometimes.

Congratulations on releasing a new map!!! I don't have much else to say other than the map is a bit confusing at times but thats expected since its an exploration map, and on steamchat you gave the good reply that map is intended for multiple playthroughs and in that sense it's fuckin brilliant that I don't know where I'm going half the time Yolo. GG

Artist

I played this map a few more times and I must say it is pretty awesome. The gameplay is challenging and the weapons are totally cool.
    Good walkthrough-map
    ZN progress:

Contributor

heres a changelog from the future, of what version 3 will include. thought this was good idea to do

-Dynamic and feature rich difficulty settings, including addition of medium difficulty
    -Revamped soundtrack, done with proper gear. Also more song loops
    -Fixed startup vote menu. Might be changed altogether
    -Fixed soundreplacement bugs that are my fault
    -Handful of sounds tweaked to be better
    -Optimization of some textures making the map use little less memory
    -More balanced gameplay
    -There will also be a patch version to download
    Last edited by RNG; 19-04-2014 at 01:00 PM.

In front of my computer slurping on Dr.Pepper

Nice map, Looking forward to it.

Contributor

and v3 is out, hopefully its not broken

I just found that any OGG files can't be downloaded by "connecting server" , probably Sven Co-op problem or ValvE didn't allow OGG file download (only .wav and .mp3 allows maybe), is there any server can download OGG file by client download??

These maps' OGG files can't be downloaded by "connecting server" too :
    Fortified1
    ragemap2012_2

Only the way to get it is to download it at SCMAPDB.com
    Last edited by KaLo; 11-05-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Contributor

might be the servers sv_filetransfermaxsize which is limited to 10 mb by default, mentioned by spy-warrior earlier

gotta crank that up alot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast