Thread: func_detail VIS

Contributor

func_detail VIS

I'd like to request a feature for func_detail to participate in CSG and VIS with non-entity brushes, so you can still use it to fill leaks.

I want to make use of its "chop order" functionality, without losing the ability to close the map with it.

Example:

Here I want the cylindric light brush to chop the wall. At the same time, I want the wall to close the room. However, func_detail still counts as an entity so it does not affect the CSG of non-entity brushes, and does not participate in VIS at all. I would have to place a non-entity wall behind it to prevent a hull leak. If I could choose to have the func_detail participate in CSG and VIS, outside faces and unneeded clipnodes would get purged, and VIS would not encounter a leak.

Another example:

Here, the selected brush should get chopped by the one on the left, but at the same time fill a hole in the floor. If the feature was enabled, you could assume a detail level of 0 for normal brushes.

Essentially, I want to be able to have func_detail behave just like any normal brush, except I have control over the chop order. Could this be done?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Silencer; 15-11-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Re: func_detail VIS

Put it on the BTS.

Contributor

Re: func_detail VIS

By the way it appears that, as a temporary solution, you can tie a brush to entity and back to world to make it last in order, chopping all others, i.e. in example #1 tie the light to entity and make it to world, or in example #2 tie the left girder to entity and then to world.