Thread: [CTF / PvP] WARFORTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    more wpoly = more fun Tuesday's Avenger's Avatar  
    Contributor

[CTF / PvP] WARFORTS

WARFORTS is a player-versus-player (PvP) map in which two megacorporations (the Yellow and Blue teams) send agents to capture each other's flags while defending their own bases. The first team to reach 5 captures is victorious.

Players may choose from seven distinct classes, each with unique active or passive abilities.

UPDATE 1.1
    I know it took me a while longer than I first estimated, but I've updated the map to address some of the great feedback I've received since the release. This is a ripent update - that means that only the server hosts need to update their files to make it work. Players who already have the map will not need anything additional to enjoy the update (but are encouraged to grab the new version at some point).

• Mortar fire rate decreased. This should alleviate any concern about getting too much spam right out of respawn, and remove undue gameplay emphasis on controlling the mortar.
    • Marine RPG red-dot has been disabled. This lets the Marine do his job of dealing high damage, while giving more opportunities for skillful players to avoid being hit.
    • Automatic same-class respawn. You no longer need to manually choose a class each respawn; instead, you will automatically get back into the game as your last played class. Players may change classes at any time by holding the USE key as they respawn.
    • Various minor fixes.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

SCMapDB
    Dropbox Mirror

MAP FEATURES

• Team-based competitive play
    • 7 player classes with unique abilities
    • Automatic team balance
    • Automatic skip option if only one player is on the server

SUB-OBJECTIVES

In addition to the enemy flag, players can attack a number of secondary targets during play.

Each base includes four destroyable structures, which will take damage only from explosives:

• Left & right shield generators, which power the lasers that prevent enemies from scaling the side walls
    • A signal jammer, which will cause the enemy to spawn rocket & HW grunts if lost
    • A door control unit which, if destroyed, will leave the front gate open & vulnerable

Additionally, occupying the side bunker will bring its defenses and Alien Mercenary units under your team's control.

CLASSES

Seven classes are available on WARFORTS: (click to expand)

Flanker
    HP: 55
    Armor: 10
    Weapons: Dual Uzi, Desert Eagle, Longjump
    Special ability: Second Wind (Passive, on flag grab)

Fast and fragile, the Flanker specializes in hit and run combat. His passive ability will heal him to full when picking up the enemy flag, allowing him to survive the escape run. His longjump module lets him reach areas inaccessible to other classes.

Tank
    HP: 225
    Armor: 50
    Weapons: SAW M249
    Special ability: Upgrade (Passive, on 3 kill streak)

The Tank spews bullets and doesn't afraid of anything. Slower than the other classes, the Tank can be worn down in the open or while reloading.

If a Tank kills 3 players in a single life, he will receive an upgrade to HP & armor as well as replace his weapon with the deadly Gluon gun.

Support
    HP: 75
    Armor: 20
    Weapons: 357, Wrench, Satchel Charge x3
    Special ability: Sentry Gun (Active, hold USE)

The Support is the backbone of a team's defense. She can deploy a sentry gun by holding the USE key for a few seconds; Supports are limited to one gun at a time, and after a gun is lost, there is a delay before another can be placed. On death, a sentry will transfer the frags it has earned to its owner.

The Support is also the only class capable of repairing base structures & turrets by using the wrench.

Operative
    HP: 60
    Armor: 5
    Weapons: Knife, Crossbow, Tripmine x2
    Special Ability: Cloak (Active, hold CROUCH)

If everyone hates you, you're playing Operative correctly. Holding CROUCH for a few seconds will render the Operative invisible to NPCs and almost impossible for players to see; use this to line up kills with your one-shot-kill knife or long range crossbow.

Note that attacking or standing up will remove your cloak; only tripmines can be placed while remaining stealthy.

Research
    HP: 95
    Armor: 5
    Weapons: Barnacle, Spore Launcher, Medkit
    Special Ability: Healing Aura (Active, hold USE)

The Research class has spent too much time in the lab, and gained some strange abilities. His barnacle weapon allows him to fly around the map to grapple points, and his active ability will heal all friendly players within a certain radius as long as the USE key is held. Enemy players caught within the healing field will be poisoned.

Research is the only class capable of reviving dead players.

Assault
    HP: 150
    Armor: 30
    Weapons: Shotgun, MP5, Grenade x5
    Special Ability: Invincibility (Passive, on player kill)

The Assault class mixes survivability with an adaptable loadout, making him suitable for any role and a threat to any class. When the Assault kills an enemy player, he will glow red and become immune to all damage for several seconds.

Marine
    HP: 70
    Armor: 10
    Weapons: RPG x3, M16/M203 x2, Glock
    Special Ability: Artillery Retaliation (Passive, on death)

The Marine dishes out lots of damage at range, with very limited ammo; he fares more poorly at close quarters where he is at risk from his own explosives. A Marine's rockets can be the difference between preventing a capture and losing the flag!

On death, the Marine's allies off-screen will retaliate with an artillery strike at his final position. The Marine receives full points for enemies killed in the strike.

ADDITIONAL CREDIT

Textures:
    Firearms mod & PVK mod teams

Testing & Moral Support:
    JPolito, Aurora, Trempler, Keen, A Ninja, Chaos Wake, prolix, Strave, x3ro, the Sven Co-op & joe.to communities

Being a tripmining bastard:
    Tokengekko
    Last edited by Tuesday's Avenger; 24-10-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Re: [CTF / PvP] WARFORTS

Finally seeing it textured makes it seem like a completely new map to me, I absolutely love it

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

Okay this is one of the best maps designed for sven-coop ever.
    After testing and playing this map for hours it is still fun and with even more player playing it, it will be insane fun!

If anyone want to play the map with friends feel free to join Geckons CTF_WARFORT Server
    91.187.33.87:27015

I would love to see 2 new classes:

Tesla Trooper
    HP: 120
    Armor: 40
    Weapons: Shockroach, Gaussrifle
    Special EMP Device.

( He would be able to shut down the laserfences without destroying the "generator" and also he can dissable turrets )

Ammo Guy
    HP: 175
    Armor: 50
    Weapons: Deagle, Handgrenades
    Special Ammocrate

( The Ammo Guy can spawn a ammocrate that stays for 10 seconds and can reeuipt players )

Also I would like to see the Support be able to build 2 Sentrys or be able to upgrade them to a turret with a rocket launcher like in tfc

Otherwise the balance is pretty nice.

Additional Stuff I would change:
    - Lower the attackrate of the Mortar in the middle of the map. Also lower the damage a bit
    - All destroyable generators should get atleast +25% more hitpoints or scale with players joined.
    - Water Tunnels should be added to the map so you can dive into the enemie base ( make the water more poison so only the Mad Scientist can swim there for long with his heal aura )
    - Wpolys are damn high, still the map runs nearly smooth.
    - A Symbol / Decal where to go inside the bunker to capture it.
    - Maybe add the Sniper Rifle inside the other Bunker as "Extra" weapon.

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

Artist

Had a short round 1on1 to test this today. Awesome map. Had a lot of fun. I discoverd a bug though. With good timing I can press both start-buttons on my own. When I join a team then it crashes.
    ZN progress:

Knowing Cheats:

I had played this map and received an issue.

After you choose OPERATIVE (it make you roleplay a Stealth Spy)

You can use +alt1 (Throw crowbar) to one-shot enemy player/NPC in range.
    You can also use +alt1 to trade the one-shot knife to your teammate.

There should be a setting which prevents players from using +Alt1 for cheating.

(Sorry about my poor grammar)

Good job Tuesday! ! I will play it when I am cyberneticly within range of wifi

Manager

Artist

Haha JPolito Cumtastic.
    - Oh and tuesday maybe lower the DMG of the Rocketlauncher, mostly the games end like everyone picking the Rocket Launcher Dude. Less BOOOM would be good !

here

Manager

Very good!

Just a few notes on issues I noticed:

- You could potentially suicide when being attacked by assault or tank players to avoid giving them benefits
    - You could possibly avoid the knife throwing by making the knife a wrench replacement and setting a different dmg value. It would be best if this was fixed in the code though. You shouldn't be able to throw the crowbar when dropweapons is disabled.
    - The shotgun model doesn't fit the firemode as it doesn't cock on double shot. It could possibly be fixed by taking the standard shotgun and copying the single fire animation and renaming it.
    - I'm pretty sure my team once got the hwgrunt and rpg grunt before destroying the enemy radar
    - The vote text you get when starting the map alone is too long to be fully readable. I'm also disappointed I can't check out the map alone. Why not give an option of checking out the map, and then restart the game when someone else joins?
    - I agree with trempler that the Marine is probably overpowered. I pick him most of the time since you can one-shot groups of anything.

But anyway...

Contributor

Thanks Nih! And thank you everybody for the feedback, I'm really excited that people are enjoying the map.

I've been down and out with the flu for a few days, but once the madness of the holiday season dies down a bit, I will release a v1.1 for warforts that ought to address a lot of the suggestions I've received.

EDIT: Also planning on releasing the team / class entity setup in a prefab so that anybody can slap this game mode onto a map of their own design - I'll just need a bit to polish it up and make it more comprehensible.

Artist

Congratulations! The BOMS is well deserved! This is a fantastic map and I really enjoy playing it.
    Stuff that I really like:
    - This map is fun even with very few players. I had some rounds of 1on1 and 2on2 and with the addition of npcs the map never feels empty.
    - The classes really make sense! Each class playes completely different and is useful.

One minor request for version 1.1: could you make all respawnpoints in the class-choosing-room face in the same direction? I always loose a couple of seconds trying to find my class because the random spawn direction confuses me.
    ZN progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Nih View Post
    Very good!

Just a few notes on issues I noticed:

1.- You could possibly avoid the knife throwing by making the knife a wrench replacement and setting a different dmg value. It would be best if this was fixed in the code though. You shouldn't be able to throw the crowbar when dropweapons is disabled.
    2.- The vote text you get when starting the map alone is too long to be fully readable. I'm also disappointed I can't check out the map alone. Why not give an option of checking out the map, and then restart the game when someone else joins?
    3.- I agree with trempler that the Marine is probably overpowered. I pick him most of the time since you can one-shot groups of anything.
    1. wrench replacement isn't a good idea to solve the problem because Wrench is already in use, it repairs sentry-gun and building.
    Second way is better , disables +alt1 while dropweapons is OFF will permanently solved ,however you must wait for next patch.

2. I agree about "starting vote" being too short even this vote starts when player still downloading map files. The first vote should wait longer and second vote comes later.
    To Nih , you can set "sv_maxspeed" to higher and make you run faster ,then you can push 2 buttons immediately (set cl_forwardspeed/cl_sidespeed to increase more).
    After 2 buttons pushed at the same time , the repeating vote will end.

3. I think Marine's rpg should disable "red-dot" too, make it harder to hit.
    Last edited by KaLo; 19-12-2014 at 06:27 AM.

Manager

Setting weaponmode_rpg 1 to disable the laser sight would be a really good idea... It would certainly make it less easy to find a vantage point where you can just guide the rocket to any player on the map.

How do we touchpad players win then? Laser-sighted RPG is our only chance.

Artist

+1 dissable red spot !!!!

Ehm Dynamite, its christmas soon should we donate for a mouse ???? Sad to hear.

here

Here's another question:

Its about the mortar.

If I use mortar to bombard their "spawn gates" (that 2 black gates) , the enemy players seems will be stuck inside because they can't find another way to avoid mortar bombing , the 2 spawn gates are very close to the mortar bombing range.

Could you make a third way which is far away from original spawn gates?
    Or moves 2nd spawn gate away from 1st spawn gate.
    Last edited by KaLo; 19-12-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Contributor

- The vote text you get when starting the map alone is too long to be fully readable. I'm also disappointed I can't check out the map alone. Why not give an option of checking out the map, and then restart the game when someone else joins?
    Play on a high resolution, scrub! I kid, of course - that's really good to know, as I tested that entirely on my own and didn't think the change my setup. A "preview mode" would probably be easy to implement and give first timers something to do to familiarize themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by the-middleman View Post
    One minor request for version 1.1: could you make all respawnpoints in the class-choosing-room face in the same direction? I always loose a couple of seconds trying to find my class because the random spawn direction confuses me.
    This is definitely doable; I'm working on a system to keep your selected class unless you opt to change, as well. The original randomization was so that early playtesters would actually choose something besides Operative, which was then the default facing.

Quote Originally Posted by KaLo View Post
    If I use mortar to bombard their "spawn gates" (that 2 black gates) , the enemy players seems will be stuck inside because they can't find another way to avoid mortar bombing , the 2 spawn gates are very close to the mortar bombing range.

Could you make a third way which is far away from original spawn gates?
    Or moves 2nd spawn gate away from 1st spawn gate.
    Yeah, the mortar needs a nerf in general. Even with some tripmine abuse, a secondary spawn exit was never really needed, but I don't think we ever had enough players that someone was on the mortar 24/7 as seems to be the case now. It was moved to mid to give players a reason to risk being out in the open, but it doesn't need to be as powerful an incentive as it is now. I might do a longer shot delay, or force players to reload it every few shots.

Setting weaponmode_rpg 1 to disable the laser sight would be a really good idea... It would certainly make it less easy to find a vantage point where you can just guide the rocket to any player on the map.
    This is a great solution I hadn't thought of, and I will definitely implement it. I don't know if you all have noticed, but m16 grenades are significantly nerfed in terms of damage; they were simply cleaning house too well for the Marine in early tests. I had also nerfed the rockets, but they were the only real way to take out an incoming Tank; without high damage, the extra trouble compared the the m16 GL didn't seem worth it. Removing the laser would let them keep the punch while allowing Flankers to avoid getting rocket sniped from across the map.

Thanks all!

Whoaaaaaaaa. I just saw this thread and I can't believe the progress that's been made in just the short time since I playtested with Ninja.

The textures and skybox really made a difference, the map is absolutely beautiful now. Glad to see also gameplay development is also progressing, I loved it during the testing phases but the changes made are definitely good ones.

I actually still have some of the gifs I made from the playtesting.

The difference is incredible.

I need to play this with other people please make my kawaii okatu dream come true

Contributor

Update 1.1 is complete; the first post has been updated with the changes. The update has been made via ripent, so clients won't need to download a new version of the map once your server is updated.

Artist

Great to see progress <3
    What are your plans to the map, do you still want to advance it or leave it like this ?
    Are you going to releace a prefab, so other player can learn out of this and also do CTF maps ?

here

Artist

Its a shame this map doesnt get played more
    ZN progress:

Artist

Blame the community, they only play what is on the xp servers installed 24/7....

here

Manager

It doesn't help that you can't join a server running the map and then play alone until someone joins :-[

JPolito do I even what to know what that is? Pig Semen or something disgusting ;_; top yooliiii

anyway Tuesday would you be willing to share the rmf for this map? I think I could make a kickass arena or combine some of my older maps :3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast