Thread: Glitch-Life program

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

Re: Glitch-Life program

Quote Originally Posted by SiEgE View Post
    Sadly, the main problem of SiEgE edition did travel to newer version aswel - corrupted gsrand_embedded_textures.wad, where textures has nothing for name, so game uses the first one instead of everything other.
    Sent you a PM with a new version that possibly fixes that.

Quote Originally Posted by CryoKeen View Post
    They Hunger Glitch-Life(They-Glitch)94mb every other map crashes though Bad Surface Extents
    The "Bad surface extents" crashes are caused by using the vertex blend corruption on a dedicated server. The solution is to set "singleplayer = 0" in your config file (which is mentioned in the multiplayer guide). Or, you can turn off vertex blending by setting "corruptions = flip weird shift grey bw contrast invert" (so everything is enabled except blending).
    Love,
    w00tguy

gsrand_embedded_textures.wad can no longer be opened by GCFScape, but that doesn't matter, since everything works just fine! This one version is awesome!
    Also, is there any embedded texture limits? once I place back my wads, embedded textures amount reduces by like 2k.

Just fixed the embedded texture wad corruption with help from SiEgE. The download links have been updated.

gsrand_embedded_textures.wad can no longer be opened by GCFScape, but that doesn't matter, since everything works just fine! This one version is awesome!
    Also, is there any embedded texture limits? once I place back my wads, embedded textures amount reduces by like 2k.
    There's no hard limit, although I've seen a case where the wad go so big that it couldn't be loaded properly in wally or in-game (I think it was around 2GB or 4GB).

Textures in maps are only extracted if they're unique. If a texture named "OUT_SND" was found inside a map, it will only be extracted if "OUT_SND" wasn't found in any of your wads. That's why you're getting 2k less embedded textures when using wads.
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 10-10-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Live Test of Glitch-Life on w00tguys server, you must install the file as the FastDL is down atm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0ep0c0cm8...lkeks.rar?dl=0

connect 23.242.161.109:27015

Sorry If this has been asked before, but how do you compile the latest github versions? It doesn't seem to come with the GSRAND.exe, and the config file, and I'm really digging the desire to shut off randomized gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDestiny View Post
    Sorry If this has been asked before, but how do you compile the latest github versions? It doesn't seem to come with the GSRAND.exe, and the config file, and I'm really digging the desire to shut off randomized gravity.
    Assuming you have CMake and Visual Studio installed, run these commands in the project directory:
    Code:
    md build
    cd build
    cmake ..
    msbuild glitch-life.sln /p:Configuration=Release
    Then gsrand.exe will be in the build/Release folder.

Btw you can already shut off random gravity in v4.1 by setting "random_gravity = 0" in the config file.
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 10-10-2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: oops wrong setting
    Love,
    w00tguy

I think Linux is case sensitive and glitch-life don't giv a fuk if a file is case sensitive or not, perhaps you could code automatically do not include uppercase folders or files, and you could turn it off in config file? or vice versa

I think Linux is case sensitive and glitch-life don't giv a fuk if a file is case sensitive or not, perhaps you could code automatically do not include uppercase folders or files, and you could turn it off in config file? or vice versa
    You can use bash scripting to fix case problems in game files:

Code:
    for i in $( ls | grep [A-Z] ); do mv -i $i `echo $i | tr 'A-Z' 'a-z'`; done
    Which would convert all files to lower case names in the current directory. with a few more lines, you could do directories but that's a bit dangerous.

g-life actually does account for case sensitivity in Linux. Before the RES file is written it checks every file path and makes sure the correct case is used. That's also why RES generation is disabled by default because all those filesystem checks take a long time.

Where are you having problems?

Some video pieces from one of my corruption rounds:
    Good stuff Rocket barrage is one of my favorite randomizations, especially on toonrun2. It had to be toned way back since spawning dozens of rockets within a second happened to crash the game.
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 16-10-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

I just want to make a light bump here, w00tguy you may want to modify the program in preparation for the 5.0 release, so it is compatible, if you have the time and what not.

Yeah, that would be the proactive thing to do, but I think I'll wait until it's officially released. There's a slight possibility that more changes will be made to 5.0 which then require more fixes to g-life, and I'd rather just fix everything at once.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Fair enough, SiEgE nice videos. here are some more educational materials:

Last edited by CryoKeen; 08-01-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Well, now, that Sven Coop is out on Steam, they changed the original HL map names and apparently connected some maps. I have put the randomizer into Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop, then it wouldn't work. After a while, I noticed, that they changed the map names, so I added every single map to the config file. I have added this to the end of the config file:
    Code:
    hl_c00
    hl_c01_a1
    hl_c01_a2
    hl_c02_a1
    hl_c02_a2
    hl_c03
    hl_c04
    hl_c05_a1
    hl_c05_a2
    hl_c05_a3
    hl_c06
    hl_c07_a1
    hl_c07_a2
    hl_c08_a1
    hl_c08_a2
    hl_c09
    hl_c10
    hl_c11_a1
    hl_c11_a2
    hl_c11_a3
    hl_c11_a4
    hl_c11_a5
    hl_c12
    hl_c13_a1
    hl_c13_a2
    hl_c13_a3
    hl_c13_a4
    hl_c14
    hl_c15
    hl_c16_a1
    hl_c16_a2
    hl_c16_a3
    hl_c16_a4
    hl_c17
    hl_c18
    The randomizer was crashing, but then I realized, that before I added the maps into the config, I tried running it in compatibility mode. So, anyway, if someone wants to use this with Sven Coop's Steam version, just paste the thing above into your config file at the end.

Edit: I said that too soon. Now, that I tried it without compatibility mode, it crashes on a later map, than with compatibility mode. Any ideas on how to fix that? I guess until I get the solution, I'll have to try actually downloading Half-Life again off Steam, randomizing the maps, then putting them into Sven's Steam folder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	16762  
    Last edited by Aiur; 30-01-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Judging from that error message, I'd guess that something is wrong with your WADs, or the program's ability to read them. I'll try to fix this up for 5.0 this weekend or next.

Also, thanks for the map list, you saved me some time
    Love,
    w00tguy

Had a great time playing this gonna get a server going with this again tips for wootguy next version:

- fog has more transparency or double the distance please
    - third person option
    - text with audio spamming if E+R is is activated

Thank you Aiur for the list!

edit: add displacer and any other new weapons/items to items cheats

edit2: heres the first few maps of hl1 for glitch-life 5.0 its like 1 hour of gameplay at least, press E+R (use+reload) to get all weapons

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzF...w?pref=2&pli=1
    Last edited by CryoKeen; 31-01-2016 at 07:00 AM.

About the maps list, no problem, but it still crashes when corrupting regular HL maps thrown into Sven's map folder. In the config I set it to only hlsp. Hm, since version 4, I think, I had the same problem, when I had 32-bit Windows Vista, before Sven was out on Steam. May be a problem with my PC. Now I have Windows 7 64-bit. I'll try some configuration settings to see if it works, thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiur View Post
    About the maps list, no problem, but it still crashes when corrupting regular HL maps thrown into Sven's map folder. In the config I set it to only hlsp. Hm, since version 4, I think, I had the same problem, when I had 32-bit Windows Vista, before Sven was out on Steam. May be a problem with my PC. Now I have Windows 7 64-bit. I'll try some configuration settings to see if it works, thanks anyway.
    Try re-corrupting already corrupted map files. May help.

This very version of Glitch-Life works fine with the new hl1sp maps.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...02530980266131
    Last edited by SiEgE; 01-02-2016 at 04:45 AM.

I figured out why it's crashing, and I hate myself for it. The fix involved 2 hours of debugging and then changing one value from a 0 to a -1. It was an incredibly rare scenario prior to 5.0. I believe this will also fix the problem RNG was having a few months back.

There are still some other bugs I want to work out before releasing the next version. I'm hoping to get those fixed in the next few days.

Edit: Attached a WIP version with the crash bug fixed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 01-02-2016 at 06:03 PM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Today I've tried "Content: non-default only".. I was damn surprised when I saw minus 640 sounds (4389 excluded). (everything ingame is okay.)

Also, I saw a problem with footstep sounds, they all are dirt.

The content modes are still based off the default content in 4.8, so it might be exluding more than it should. It's also possible that content is being excluded because max_file_size is set to something or skip_uppercase=1 in the config file. I just tried it for myself and got -3807 sounds, okay that's a bug, haha.

Randomizing footstep sounds is a new feature I'll look into.
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 02-02-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Version 5 is ready. It includes the following changes:
    Code:
    - Default content and map lists were updated for Sven Co-op 5.0.
    - Fixed multiple crashes with texture randomizing (one of them was there since v2!).
    - Program expects to run in the "svencoop_addon" folder and will complain if you put it in "svencoop".
    - Sentence randomization (for talking NPCs) is on by default, thanks to 5.0 having 8192 precache slots.
    - Barnacles are flipped if they get custom models. Now you can actually see them.
    - Increased minimum movement/rotation speeds for entity randomization.
    - Disabled the super dense fog. It was just annoying.
    - Fixed some display errors when finding content.
    - Fixed .res generation and "Copy to folder" not working if "Hide extensions for known file types" was enabled in Windows.
    I tried to see if random footstep sounds could work, but since all textures are prefixed with "xeno_grapple", it can't be done. You would have to choose between grappling walls and having random footstep sounds, which isn't great. This is also why animated and transparent textures don't work. When we get a hookmod plugin for AngelScript, it will be possible.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    Version 5 is ready. It includes the following changes:
    Code:
    - Default content and map lists were updated for Sven Co-op 5.0.
    - Fixed multiple crashes with texture randomizing (one of them was there since v2!).
    - Program expects to run in the "svencoop_addon" folder and will complain if you put it in "svencoop".
    - Sentence randomization (for talking NPCs) is on by default, thanks to 5.0 having 8192 precache slots.
    - Barnacles are flipped if they get custom models. Now you can actually see them.
    - Increased minimum movement/rotation speeds for entity randomization.
    - Disabled the super dense fog. It was just annoying.
    - Fixed some display errors when finding content.
    - Fixed .res generation and "Copy to folder" not working if "Hide extensions for known file types" was enabled in Windows.
    I tried to see if random footstep sounds could work, but since all textures are prefixed with "xeno_grapple", it can't be done. You would have to choose between grappling walls and having random footstep sounds, which isn't great. This is also why animated and transparent textures don't work. When we get a hookmod plugin for AngelScript, it will be possible.
    Great job!

Add a way to completely remove barnacle. Also, add a way to set different default sv_gravity. With that, we can have gauss jump instead.
    Last edited by SiEgE; 06-02-2016 at 02:11 AM.

Add a way to completely remove barnacle. Also, add a way to set different default sv_gravity. With that, we can have gauss jump instead.
    Yeah but grappling is more fun, doesn't use ammo, and doesn't need to charge up. There is a way to completly remove barnacle (grapple_mode=0), but I'd rather not sacrifice it for footstep sounds.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast