Thread: Glitch-Life program

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Glitch-Life program

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    Yeah but grappling is more fun, doesn't use ammo, and doesn't need to charge up. There is a way to completly remove barnacle (grapple_mode=0), but I'd rather not sacrifice it for footstep sounds.
    Thats not the way I'd like to remove barnacle!
    I usually play glitch-life with no random gravity, no random fog, no level geometry corruptions(like resizing or setting upside-down), but I love entity corruptions, so barnacle isn't very useful with such set. I would love to see animated textures!

func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

I'll add in the animated textures and footsteps sounds eventually. It won't be much effort after writing the AS script to replace the grapple. I also want to see what else can be done with AS to make g-life more interesting. But, that might not be for a long time (few months?). I'm too focused on other things right now (like learning AS and making func_vehicle maps).
    Love,
    w00tguy

I see 3 minor issues with gsrand-generated content. I don't know if you thought about those or if there already are measures in place to prevent that. I'm just going to start:

1. It seems the maximum length of a resource file entry can be 63 chars, anything longer can't be fastdownloaded (or even downloaded) by the client. This affected me with the restriction map series where some sound resources have crazy length eg. sound/russian_sounds/russiancontroller/controller_presence_1_l.ogg - the last chars will be cut off resulting in 404 errors.

2. Also with the restriction map series, hosted on a Linux server (maybe it is not an issue with a Windows server), several model files could not be downloaded either due to special characters in the name, specificly anything "[hl-lab.ru]*.mdl" couldn't be downloaded. This is more or less a problem of the model names who are around when using gsrand but maybe it could check for such characters and exclude those model or rename them. Maybe just y/[^A-Za-z0-9_-.]/_/ the model name and use the renamed file in the maps+res (if it was renamed).

3. Limits. Playing on Anitalink, which additionally precaches loads of stuff (sanksouonds, whatever) we sometimes hit stuff like alloc_max, gl_maxtextures and stuff. But then again it's GLITCH life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

max_gltextures on meowthey4
    cache_alloc on meowthey7
    huncalloc or cache_alloc on meowthey9
    "Cache_TryAlloc: 11788806576 is greater than free hunk" on meowthey10
    "Cache_TryAlloc(ithink): 11788806576 is greater than free hunk" on meowthey12

onekopaka/darren and Keen when flip is not on in corrupts, it still flips
    aaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    1. It seems the maximum length of a resource file entry can be 63 chars, ...
    This is news to me. I guess these should just be ignored when .res generation is turned on.

several model files could not be downloaded either due to special characters in the name, ...
    Yeah I think just ignoring the weird ones is best. Renaming them could get messy, or at least take a little longer to implement (and I'm super lazy when it comes to fixing g-life right now).

we sometimes hit stuff like alloc_max, gl_maxtextures and stuff.
    Both of those errors can probably be fixed by turning off model replacement. I know for sure that gl_maxtextures is caused by sprites/models that use a lot of textures - after so many level changes they add up and exceed that limit.

That's where the model_safety setting comes in: setting it 1 causes gsrand to ignore sprites/models with too many textures (17+), which greatly reduces the frequency of gl_maxtextures. Setting it to 2 reduces the amount of model replacements in total, greatly reducing the Alloc Block full error.

Entity replacement can also sometimes crash the game consistently (usually when doors or rotating objects move in crazy directions). I added some checks to make sure doors weren't randomized in some HLSP levels sensitive to that, but those have different map names now so I need to update them.

Bottom line: Turn off model replacement or deal with crashes. There are many bugs that can't be fixed by me.

Quote Originally Posted by CryoKeen View Post
    onekopaka/darren and Keen when flip is not on in corrupts, it still flips
    Make sure the "Corrupt Mode" is set to "Use Config Settings". You can check the map MOTD to see if that was set properly. If it was, then post the MOTD here and I'll debug it.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Thumbs up Re: Glitch-Life program

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    Version 5 is ready. It includes the following changes:
    Code:
    - Default content and map lists were updated for Sven Co-op 5.0.
    - Fixed multiple crashes with texture randomizing (one of them was there since v2!).
    - Program expects to run in the "svencoop_addon" folder and will complain if you put it in "svencoop".
    - Sentence randomization (for talking NPCs) is on by default, thanks to 5.0 having 8192 precache slots.
    - Barnacles are flipped if they get custom models. Now you can actually see them.
    - Increased minimum movement/rotation speeds for entity randomization.
    - Disabled the super dense fog. It was just annoying.
    - Fixed some display errors when finding content.
    - Fixed .res generation and "Copy to folder" not working if "Hide extensions for known file types" was enabled in Windows.
    I tried to see if random footstep sounds could work, but since all textures are prefixed with "xeno_grapple", it can't be done. You would have to choose between grappling walls and having random footstep sounds, which isn't great. This is also why animated and transparent textures don't work. When we get a hookmod plugin for AngelScript, it will be possible.
    Woah! You're awesome for fixing that! I've been gone for a while from these forums, but since I needed to check if an email from Youtube came, I saw the replies. I'm definitely going to play it with a friend now. Thanks!

Banned

#ArtificialInteligence Thread

when ur done with weapon_custom w00tguy pls revive the bots :3 here are some videos we can all enjoy:

Um, there are some levels that you can't even complete, like hl_c02_a2

If you get stuck you can usually use the barnacle grapple to get around something or gib bugged monsters. The level you mentioned was a problem in older versions because destroying the elevator doors would cause the changelevel to fail. I'm not sure if that still happens since SC 5.0.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Did some corruptions on Linux, thanks for your help btw. minisectore came out pretty good and the greyscale hlsp looks pretty good too. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.

Good stuff. The box store has never looked better.
    Love,
    w00tguy

depressioncrazywalkerb5 turned out great.

Is it possible that the "dark" corruption mode does not work (on Linux)? Tried it twice (just "dark" in cfg, nothing else) but the map does not change.
    Last edited by nico; 24-05-2016 at 09:18 AM.

I just tested it and it works fine for me (on Windows). Make sure the cfg also has corruption_mode=constant and that you set "Corrupt Mode: Use config settings" in the program. I'll try to get a linux system up and running to test this.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Oh, I forgot to set constant here. But with only one entry in the corruptions list it probably should not matter if its random or constant (maybe it does, haven't checked the related code yet).

The "random" mode randomly enables corruptions from the list, so there is always a chance no corruptions will be enabled. The idea behind that was to make corruptions more of a surprise when you saw them, but I could make another mode that always enables at least one type of corruption.
    Love,
    w00tguy

It works with corruption_mode=constant \o/

Hey everyone, I'm new here so I have plenty of questions.

Me and my friend want to play through the Half-Life campaign using some wacky mods but I'm really new to Sven and I need some help
    First of all, I can't download the glitch mod, my browser says it's a virus, I know it's BS but I've tried with other browsers and it won't download the files.
    Also, I can't seem to find an installation tutorial for the mod, I did have an older version but nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Greedman View Post
    First of all, I can't download the glitch mod, my browser says it's a virus, I know it's BS but I've tried with other browsers and it won't download the files.
    Try "gsrand v5.1.zip" attached to this post. I usually use mpress on the .exe which can set off some anti-virus programs, so maybe this version without that will work.

Also, I can't seem to find an installation tutorial for the mod, I did have an older version but nothing changed.
    The tutorial is the readme included in the zip. Basically you just drop everything in svencoop_addon and then play with the settings. If you're having trouble getting something to work then ask away.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Love,
    w00tguy

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my silly questions. Alright I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here or if crack-life is messing with the game. I moved all the files to the addon folder then run the exe and randomized everything. Now when I enter the game do I choose maps that start with GRSAND, right? It takes me to the campaign but everything seems normal... I also reinstalled SVEN so that crack-life doesn't appear but it's still there...

Now when I enter the game do I choose maps that start with GRSAND, right?
    Yes, you choose the maps prefixed with "gsrand_" to play the randomized versions.

I also reinstalled SVEN so that crack-life doesn't appear but it's still there...
    To actually reinstall SC you have to delete the entire Sven Co-op folder and then redownload from steam. If you click "Delete local game content" in steam it won't delete any of the content folders (svencoop, svencoop_addon, svencoop_downloads, svencoop_hd).

Another way you can test if g-life is working is by sandboxing it (see "content selection" in readme.txt) with a limited set of content and maps and making sure that those maps work "correctly" (i.e. horribly wrong).
    Love,
    w00tguy

Alright, you're right I had to delete the whole folder but still the randomizer doesn't seem to work. Here's what I reinstalled SVEN, then extracted the glitch-life files and put them in addon. After that I launched the exe and press "8" to randomize everything. Some errors can be seen herehttps://i.gyazo.com/3ac5737ed56ce3ed...0503e56a06.png

Oh, you just need to enable some randomizations (see step #3 in readme.txt) . Pressing 8 without enabling any options (1 - 5) will result in nothing being changed. I should print out a message when nothing is enabled to let the user know that (or maybe have everything on by default).

The warnings mean that the maps use some sounds/models/etc.that you don't have. Apparently the new hlsp uses sound files that don't exist. You can ignore them as the mapper probably added them by mistake.
    Love,
    w00tguy

I see how it works now! The game looks like a fever dream!
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Mormon Greedman; 14-07-2016 at 05:41 AM.

Pfft, i literately just joined to get help with something, but whenever i extract the zip into a folder, gsrand.exe is there for one second and gets deleted, not sure if its my computer thinking its a virus, but that seems like a possibility.

Tester

Quote Originally Posted by BenPillpips View Post
    Pfft, i literately just joined to get help with something, but whenever i extract the zip into a folder, gsrand.exe is there for one second and gets deleted, not sure if its my computer thinking its a virus, but that seems like a possibility.
    Make sure you are using the Zip or files from "https://github.com/wootguy/Glitch-Life/releases"

Then upload the zip file to https://www.virustotal.com/
    Scan it.
    If virustotal reports it as a "virus" with the same program you have, then you know it is your scanner that is deleting it immediately. (& you can research further, ask others, Add an exception or whatever.)

My personal view is that the program is fine but you should read and follow the instructions.
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast